The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Training around a hurt hamstring

I have really screwed up my hamstring. If anyone has any suggestions about rehab and training around a hurt hamstring (and doing the best I can to keep my DL and SQ from slipping too far), I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Well, my recommendation, is that if you want it to properly heal, leave it alone for at least 3-4 weeks. Don't stretch it or anything. Even be careful in the gym when doing other exercises that you don't apply much stress to it. Simple mindless crap like picking up DBs off the floor can tweak things again.

I'd slowly just start adding in a bit of cardio, start with walking and then go from there. Then maybe some light weight resistance and move on it slowly.

One thing I'd point out, even when you get it back to full strength, don't be fooled into thinking it's perfectly fine. A few things you could do at a track, would be figure 8s around goal posts, and progressively faster start/stops.

I tore my hamstring, and rehabbed it on my own until it was 100%, or even stronger, but one burst off the line playing a bit of football with friends, and it was way worse the second time.

Even after rehabbing it again, I think I tweaked it just playing a bit of touch football while making a cut. Now I don't play at all anymore.

But just make sure that you take care of the weight training strength, as well as the explosive strength and lateral ability as well. Go easy on the start/stops, but I really recommend them. Stop/Starts are just basically the beginning of a sprint, and then you can also try stopping in shorter distances, in case that wasn't clear.
    Last edited by ElPietro; 08-24-2005 at 02:50 PM.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Thanks. Right now, all I'm doing is ice, Tylenol, and electro-stim. I definately won't be able to do any appreciable squat or deadlift weight for at least a few weeks.

Later, I'll add some cardio - probably stairs. I admit that I am the biggest wuss in the world when it comes to anything resembling jogging or running.