The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar

My Stupid Shape??

Alright... I got a problem here. It's the shape of my body and the problem it is creating with bodybuilding.

Stats:

5'11

chest: 44.5
    waist: 34.5 @ bellybutton
    waist: 37 @ thickest part by hip bone

As you can see... my love handles and obliques give me an hourglass shape. This is not a new problem. When I was 165 @ 10% BF I had the same problem. I store 99% of the fat on my body in that one place. So when I started bulking my body got bigger overall, and the problem has gotten worse. Now it bugs the hell out of my because I am happy with my whole body except for that. My chest is big (though not incredibly defined), my arms are solid (16 inches), and my legs are looking swole now too. But my love handles and back fat give me a look I do not like at all.

I plan on bulking up another 10 pounds through the holidays. By that point I will be pretty swole, but I'll also be a certified fat ass if this keeps up. Then I plan on cutting down to a lean (hopefully) 180.

My question is... how do I get rid of that sh-t. If it was a problem at 10% I don't know what I can do. I plan on cutting down to 8-10% but I want to be ripped and I want my abs to show. What diet, supps, cardio, and training can I do to give me a V-shape instead of an hour glass shape? It should be noted that I have an anxiety problem and I know stress can cause extra fat storage. But this sh-t makes me mad as hell. I know other cats that are 15% BF but still have a solid V-shape. No matter how thick my back and chest get, I can't have a v-shape with 37-inch hips.

How the hell do pro bodybuilders and others get so big and keep such tiny waists? My body seems to grow all at once. I have the same dimensions now I had at 155-165, just bigger overall.
    Last edited by Mic Soloist; 10-24-2004 at 09:07 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

pretty sure Its genetic, nothing you can do, I'm sure it looks 309.3(exactly) times worse to you than it does to other people.
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

I have a similar problem, but the lower your bodyfat gets the faster the fat comes off. I've heard stories of people going from 10% to 7% in a matter of a week because of stubborn fat cells that are finally being freed up. Keep at it man and don't give up. No mater what when you get lean you're abs will show. Yours may just be at a lower % bf than other's would.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Soloist
    Alright... I got a problem here. It's the shape of my body and the problem it is creating with bodybuilding.

Stats:

5'11

chest: 44.5
    waist: 34.5 @ bellybutton
    waist: 37 @ thickest part by hip bone

As you can see... my love handles and obliques give me an hourglass shape. This is not a new problem. When I was 165 @ 10% BF I had the same problem. I store 99% of the fat on my body in that one place. So when I started bulking my body got bigger overall, and the problem has gotten worse. Now it bugs the hell out of my because I am happy with my whole body except for that. My chest is big (though not incredibly defined), my arms are solid (16 inches), and my legs are looking swole now too. But my love handles and back fat give me a look I do not like at all.

I plan on bulking up another 10 pounds through the holidays. By that point I will be pretty swole, but I'll also be a certified fat ass if this keeps up. Then I plan on cutting down to a lean (hopefully) 180.

My question is... how do I get rid of that sh-t. If it was a problem at 10% I don't know what I can do. I plan on cutting down to 8-10% but I want to be ripped and I want my abs to show. What diet, supps, cardio, and training can I do to give me a V-shape instead of an hour glass shape? It should be noted that I have an anxiety problem and I know stress can cause extra fat storage. But this sh-t makes me mad as hell. I know other cats that are 15% BF but still have a solid V-shape. No matter how thick my back and chest get, I can't have a v-shape with 37-inch hips.

How the hell do pro bodybuilders and others get so big and keep such tiny waists? My body seems to grow all at once. I have the same dimensions now I had at 155-165, just bigger overall.

If you really think you look too thick now in your sides, do a cut now. If it was me, I wouldn't let myself lose too much more definiton before a cut.

I am with you in the fact that my hips are large as well

(That felt rather queer to say lol)

anyways, the way im going about it is Im gonna work on cutting and basically try to develop some big lats and keep working on my upper body. My advice (based on what Im gonna do, take it for what its worth) is to work hard on lats, get some size on them then cut. Which will leave you with some definition in the lats and then when your fat goes on ur hips and lowerback you lats could give you a better V.

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    If you really think you look too thick now in your sides, do a cut now. If it was me, I wouldn't let myself lose too much more definiton before a cut.

well I was considering it. but I've only bulked about 20 pounds and I wanted to bulk 30. I also don't want to end up with small arms and sh-t again. I figured if I pack on enough muscle to be 200 pound with 14-17% BF, I would have a solid base and be able to cut down to 180 or so and still have some swoleness. If I cut now I feel like I could get ripped, but I wouldn't have a whole lot of muscle at 165-170, and my arms would probably be back down around 14.5-15 inches. Cuz I can't lose all fat and no muscle. I dunno, I'm confused.

Matt04
    man i feel for you aswell but im worse. im skinny and my hips are actually bigger than my chest.

i am working on my upper body now and trying to get the V shape that everyone wants.

im only 16 yrs and for me it might be that i havnt filled out at the top but only time will tell

maybe go on a slower bulk
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Make your Shoulders and Chest bigger, it will then appear that your waist and hips are smaller!!!

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by JTyrell710
    maybe go on a slower bulk
    :withstupi

if you diet right you wont lose much muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt04
    man i feel for you aswell but im worse. im skinny and my hips are actually bigger than my chest.

i am working on my upper body now and trying to get the V shape that everyone wants.

im only 16 yrs and for me it might be that i havnt filled out at the top but only time will tell

yea, i know how you feel. It sucks. Even when I was really thin I still had the hour glass shape. I tried cutting forever until I realized I had no muscle to begin with. So I packed on muscle but now the fat has gotten worse.

Quote Originally Posted by estropes
    Make your Shoulders and Chest bigger, it will then appear that your waist and hips are smaller!!!

true.... but a 34 inch waist and 37 inch hips can only look so small.