The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Can someone please help me?!

For a few years now, I have had a weird occurrence during sleep. It is as if my mind is awake, but my body is still asleep. I am conscious, but I cannot open my eyes or move. I feel very scared, and try to move my body. Then after a short period of time I "snap" out of it and I am awake and able to move. I used to experience this at least once a week, but after I started taking zoloft, and then switched to Paxil they rarely happen. All of the sudden I had one after almost a year of not having them, and am afraid that they are going to occur on a regular basis. Does anyone know about this kind of thing or have any ideas of what it could be? Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by william; 06-05-2009 at 01:18 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I think its called sleep paralysis, look that up, I dont know much about it I've just heard of it.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I remember the first time I had one, it freaked me out! But I had read about it in a book about 1 week earlier so I knew what was happening (hell of a coincidence, I know). That was about 5 years ago, and I had several total, but none for a few years now - at least not scary ones. Your head is just ****ing with you, that's all. I understand sleep paralysis is quite common. Some people have terrifying dreams accompanying them, thankfully I didn't.

william, consult your doctor in which medication to use.

Wannabebig Member
    dude i have that except i see things like my last episode was a shadow in the corner was like pulsing and this black cloud thing floated onto my chest and went back into the shadow then a demon cam out of it and started choking me then everything disappeared...its sleep paralysis its like your aware of your surroundings but ur body is still dreaming kinda and u hallucinate ive researched it a lot ...scary ****