Thread: Can someone please help me?!

Wannabebig New Member

Can someone please help me?!

For a few years now, I have had a weird occurrence during sleep. It is as if my mind is awake, but my body is still asleep. I am conscious, but I cannot open my eyes or move. I feel very scared, and try to move my body. Then after a short period of time I "snap" out of it and I am awake and able to move. I used to experience this at least once a week, but after I started taking zoloft, and then switched to Paxil they rarely happen. All of the sudden I had one after almost a year of not having them, and am afraid that they are going to occur on a regular basis. Does anyone know about this kind of thing or have any ideas of what it could be? Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by william; 06-05-2009 at 01:18 PM.

I think its called sleep paralysis, look that up, I dont know much about it I've just heard of it.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I remember the first time I had one, it freaked me out! But I had read about it in a book about 1 week earlier so I knew what was happening (hell of a coincidence, I know). That was about 5 years ago, and I had several total, but none for a few years now - at least not scary ones. Your head is just ****ing with you, that's all. I understand sleep paralysis is quite common. Some people have terrifying dreams accompanying them, thankfully I didn't.

william, consult your doctor in which medication to use.

Wannabebig Member
    dude i have that except i see things like my last episode was a shadow in the corner was like pulsing and this black cloud thing floated onto my chest and went back into the shadow then a demon cam out of it and started choking me then everything disappeared...its sleep paralysis its like your aware of your surroundings but ur body is still dreaming kinda and u hallucinate ive researched it a lot ...scary ****