Thread: 17 year old's, what do you think? pics and workout included

17 year old's, what do you think? pics and workout included

This is me. Im 17, 6'3, 218lbs. Yes, i know, i have chest fat. Im looking to lose it
    Last edited by accuFLEX; 11-18-2004 at 05:28 PM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Why are you working chest 4 days a week? I also don't see any tricep, or ANY leg work. Take a look at WBB1.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Good base, with pretty long muscle bellies, meaning you have a lot of potential

Too much cardio in my opinion. 4 days a week, 2 days being 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, and 2 days being HIIT training(google it), with a solid diet, should bring a great amount of fatloss. Remember this, slow and steady wins the race.

For your lifting, I think you are doing too much chest.
    Try this:

Monday- Back/Biceps(Lower back included(Deadlifts))/Abs
    Tuesday- Chest/Triceps, 30 min. Aerobic Exercise
    Wednesday- HIIT Cardio
    Thursday- Thighs/Forearms
    Friday- Shoulders/Calves/Abs
    Saturday- HIIT Cardio
    Sunday- 30 min. Aerobic Exercise
    Last edited by SalahG; 10-26-2004 at 08:33 AM.

I cant see a picture for some damn reason .
    Southern Pride !

Im doing so much chest because im trying to firm up my chest. I do do a little legs, but I find that my cardio takes care of them. My legs are my strongest point (IMO)

Is it bad if I do a lot of chest?
    Also, I find I work my tris when I bench and do chin ups, should I be doing more?

Cardio is not a leg workout. I don't understand why people seem to not work their strongest part. If your legs are your strong point, why the fu** aren't you working them? Working your chest 4 times a week isn't going to make it grow over night. Try working it once or twice(along with your entire body) instead of 4 times.

Chin-ups for triceps? God all mighty. Bench is going to help your tris, but do other things to follow up like dips or close grip bench or pressdowns.
    Last edited by HahnB; 10-26-2004 at 01:09 PM.

Your pic loaded this time. HahnB nailed that one. Cardio is definately not a sufficient workout for your legs. Working your chest 4x a week would most probably lead to overtraining.
    Southern Pride !

Quote Originally Posted by accuFLEX
    Im doing so much chest because im trying to firm up my chest. I do do a little legs, but I find that my cardio takes care of them. My legs are my strongest point (IMO)

Is it bad if I do a lot of chest?
    Also, I find I work my tris when I bench and do chin ups, should I be doing more?
    Just do what I suggested. Train smarter not harder. Training chest as much as you want will lead to diminishing returns.

Monday- Back/Biceps/Abs/20min cardio
    Tuesday- 1h cardio inc. HIIT
    Wednesday- Chest/Triceps/Abs/20min cardio
    Thursday- 1h cardio inc HIIT
    Friday- OFF
    Saturday- Thighs/Forearms/HIIT Cardio/Abs
    Sunday- Shoulders/Calves/40 cardio/Chest

SalahG, I edited your idea, is the one above fine?

Why do you insist on doing chest twice a week? You're better off once a week. More is not always better, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmoses
    Why do you insist on doing chest twice a week? You're better off once a week. More is not always better, dude.
    It depends on the person. I started doing chest once a week becuase I "heard you would overtrain if you did more", but I actually lost chest strength. Now, I am doing chest twice a week and its perfect for me

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    You might also want to look at your diet, you got potential dude
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Quote Originally Posted by GMCtrk
    It depends on the person. I started doing chest once a week becuase I "heard you would overtrain if you did more", but I actually lost chest strength. Now, I am doing chest twice a week and its perfect for me
    i think there is a difference beween dong chest twice a week instead of 4 times a week. I'm doing chest twice a week, and i'm seeing some good gains.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

what do you think my bf% is?

Banned
    Since no one mentioned it, I will. Not only is working chest 4x a week pretty damn stupid for what your goals are, it won't "firm up" your chest at all. The reason your chest isn't firm is because you appear to have some gyno and no exercise will solve that. In fact it is unlikely if you siginificantly dropped your bodyfat you would be able to get rid of it.

You can work your chest 4 days a week if you'd like, it all depends on your volume/intensity. HST people work it 3x a week and no one there complains about losing muscle.

Im no longer doing chest 4x a week. Im doing each bodypart once a week. 4 workouts a week

Good muscle potential, as Salah G mentioned. Nice overall symetry and bf.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits