Thread: Guys I need some advice

Guys I need some advice

So a few weeks ago I was grocery shopping after work. I stoped to read some labels and some guy started talking to me. He finally introduced himself and were talking away in the middle of the aisle. Long story short he asked for my number and said he would like to have dinner sometime, which I normally don't give outmy number, but I figured I just moved and have been on 1 date in 3 months, what can it hurt?

Well he called me on Sweetest Day, and I was out of town for homecoming and alumni stuff back at college. He said he just wanted to wish me a happy sweetest day and he was hinting at going out for dinner but I was out of town.

I called him back a few days later and left him a voicemail and it has now been a week he hasn't returned my call.... so why is it that guys don't call back?

Why bother asking for my number if your just going to hang on to it?

Girls usually play mind games, chances are it's one of the ways guys play mind games to get even. It wouldn't surprise me if he called soon. He probably just don't want to seem desperate.

what is a Sweetest day is?

I dont know you nor the guy, but I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Why not give him another call? maybe he lost your #
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 10-26-2004 at 09:38 PM.

hes probably pissed that you took a week to return his call.

that or he was really horny when he asked for your number, and now hes not horny no more so hes over you. happens a lot lol.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 10-27-2004 at 06:49 AM.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Generally, grown up boys don't play games.

He's either busy, out of town, lost your number or missed your message somehow, or not interested.

Give him another call, make sure you leave your number.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I wannabebig!
    :withstupi

endless reasons, dont always assume the worst.

the last time i got hit on in a grocery store, it was some guy trying to recruit me to join his Church. Sweetest Day wasn't a Sunday was it?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    the last time i got hit on in a grocery store, it was some guy trying to recruit me to join his Church. Sweetest Day wasn't a Sunday was it?
    LOL, classic.
    "The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." -John Ruskin 1819-1900

"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not
    become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into
    you." - Nietzche

In case anyone else is wondering what Sweetest Day is, I know I'd never even heard of it:
    Third Saturday in October
    Earliest Observance? 1930s
    Demographic Practice? National

During America's Great Depression, a man from Cleveland organized many people in an effort to provide a small token of friendship to the underprivileged, shut ins, orphans, and homeless. Today the holiday has expanded to include small tokens of appreciation to friends and neighbors too. These tokens of appreciation can be small gifts or small acts of kindness. This event is repeated on the third Saturday in October.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    Generally, grown up boys don't play games.

He's either busy, out of town, lost your number or missed your message somehow, or not interested.

Give him another call, make sure you leave your number.
    I agree with Paul. If he's playing a game he's an idiot.

Give him the benefit of the doubt until you're proven wrong.

Just call him again. If he's not interested he'll tell you so. I don't understand why people play all these "he has to call next" or "she needs to take the next step" games. If you're interested, call. Its that simple. If you're not interested, stop worrying about why he didn't call.

This is a good technique some of my friends use. The point of him not calling back was to make it seem like he has a lot of things on his mind, with lots of important things to do, and to make you think that he is not desperate.