The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Missed taking creatine yesterday, should I double up today?

I didn't take my creatine yesterday, should I double up today?
    Last edited by Deathwish; 10-31-2004 at 06:45 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    dont bother, your muscles are probably saturated as it is

dont....i miss all the time...ur body wont miss one day trust me

Wannabebig Member
    I've started creatine since monday, im doing a loading phase, so im taking 5grams four times daily ... Does anybody know if its normal to go for a piss like 8-10 times a day?

Im finding it hard to have a gallon of water a day, i drank about 3.8 litres yesterday, im going to make sure i get a gallon of water today and for the rest of the days. Isn't the water i drink supposed to be Retained? or does this happen after the loading phase finishes?

Also, after i finish the loading phase for 5 days, how much Creatine shall i take for maintaining, 2g or 5gram a day?

Any advice on this would be very helpful. By the way i've been a lazy ass and not trained since i started my creatine on Monday, i will be training as usual today though.

Thanks in Advance
    ---=[Knowledge Iz Power ... But A Little Knowledge Iz Dangerous]=---

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    I've started creatine since monday, im doing a loading phase, so im taking 5grams four times daily ... Does anybody know if its normal to go for a piss like 8-10 times a day?

Im finding it hard to have a gallon of water a day, i drank about 3.8 litres yesterday, im going to make sure i get a gallon of water today and for the rest of the days. Isn't the water i drink supposed to be Retained? or does this happen after the loading phase finishes?

Also, after i finish the loading phase for 5 days, how much Creatine shall i take for maintaining, 2g or 5gram a day?

Any advice on this would be very helpful. By the way i've been a lazy ass and not trained since i started my creatine on Monday, i will be training as usual today though.

Thanks in Advance
    Maybe you're just drinking more water than you used to. Otherwise, it is odd that you'd be making more frequent trips to the bathroom as creatine makes you hold water...it's not a diuretic.

Wannabebig Member
    Vido, thanks for the reply bud. Yeh, probably my body isn't used to getting that much water. The way i drink my water throughout my day is with a 500ml bottle. I fill it up and drink from it 8 times a day, or am trying to anyway. So 8 x 500ml = 4 Litres, 4.1 litres = Gallon roughly.

When i have the 500ml water i usually have to make a trip to the bathroom around 2 times within an hour of drinking that water. Maybe it will start retaining the water when my muscles are saturated? or it doesn't work that way?

Any help appreciated. Thanks for the input Vido.

Banned
    Put it this way, it's not like creatine makes you retain 20 lbs of water. It's like 2-5 lbs, which as long as my conversion is correct, that's only like 1-2L of water. Once the muscles are retaining this water, you're just going to end up excreting the extra, so if you've upped your water intake by even a small amount, it's not really that big a surprise that you're going to the bathroom more.

I wannabebig!
    :withstupi

you're not holding as much water using creatine as you think.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks, thats cleared things up a bit more. Cheers.

RichLockyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    Thanks, thats cleared things up a bit more. Cheers.
    But regardless of how often you need to go, you still need at least a gallon (preferably 1.5 to 2) a day... more if you're sweating a lot.
    Creatine, protein, and any other supplements you take do have to be processed by the liver and kidneys. Extra water will make their job easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    Put it this way, it's not like creatine makes you retain 20 lbs of water. It's like 2-5 lbs, which as long as my conversion is correct, that's only like 1-2L of water. Once the muscles are retaining this water, you're just going to end up excreting the extra, so if you've upped your water intake by even a small amount, it's not really that big a surprise that you're going to the bathroom more.
    Trust me it depends on the person. Whenever I workout I drink about 130-160 ounces of water. Naturally my water retention is VERY high, I'm talking about 5lbs of water weight. And when I was on creatine I was seriously adding 10lbs of water weight
    Last edited by GMCtrk; 11-05-2004 at 01:04 AM.