Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 133

Thread: Heavy Marijuana User Trying to get back into shape

  1. #51
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by trich daddy
    I like your response. You come across someone better versed on the subject and you default to the government studies which you KNOW are biased.

    What about one of their first studies that indicated marijuana could kill in high enough doses? Ya... that flew well for a decade or two until the truth came out: the chimps used in the experiment had gas masks strapped to their face out of which nothing but marijuana smoke came. Death by marijuana? Or death by asphyxiation? You decide...
    I trust the government, and doctors around the world that say marijuana has adverse side effects. If you don't believe in this, you don't have to.

  2. #52
    hammin'
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    551
    No one can deny marijuana has adverse side effects.... as do cars, and fast food, and alcohol, and tobacco.

    The question is whether the US government embellishes or otherwise selectively promotes studies which exaggerate the severity of these effects. I think this is almost a no-brainer....
    They say that when your ships comes in
    The first man takes the sails
    Second takes the afterdeck
    The third: the planks and rails.

  3. #53
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trich daddy
    No one can deny marijuana has adverse side effects.... as do cars, and fast food, and alcohol, and tobacco.

    The question is whether the US government embellishes or otherwise selectively promotes studies which exaggerate the severity of these effects. I think this is almost a no-brainer....
    Well said bro.

  4. #54
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Almost everyone has been right, but as is easily observed, this is an issue that will never be settled, because there will always be people advocating use, against use, and somewhere inbetween, and everyone is quick to disbelieve all but what they know to be true
    Last edited by Titanium_Jim; 11-06-2004 at 04:22 PM.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  5. #55
    Rory Parker Behemoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Jim
    Almost everyone has been right, but as is easily observed, this is an issue that will never be settled, because there will always be people advocating use, against use, and somewhere inbetween, and everyone is quick to disbelieve all but what they know to be true.
    I think this is the most I will ever find myself agreeing with T-Jim. Well said man.

  6. #56
    its ah slumper savdout209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S
    Drugs are bad, mmkay?

  7. #57
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth
    I think this is the most I will ever find myself agreeing with T-Jim. Well said man.
    Thanks.....I think?
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  8. #58
    maximum electronica orbital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    917
    The second article posted by trich daddy is the only academically respectable piece of "evidence" that has been posted in this thread as far as I see. I have my opinions but I don't care to voice them. I just wanted to point out what is credible evidence and what is not here.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

    --Wordsworth

  9. #59
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by trich daddy
    There are an estimated 18 million or so regular marijuana smokers in the United States. That's quite a few.... think we can lock em all up or otherwise convince them to quit?
    This one?

    *Edit: I bet I know why everyone has a different opinion, why no study seems to be finished or credible. The "scientists" lost interest in what they were doing, and just sort of got high and wandered off.
    Last edited by Titanium_Jim; 11-04-2004 at 08:42 PM.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  10. #60
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by orbital
    The second article posted by trich daddy is the only academically respectable piece of "evidence" that has been posted in this thread as far as I see. I have my opinions but I don't care to voice them. I just wanted to point out what is credible evidence and what is not here.
    How are the studies that I cited not credible? Those websites cited John Hopkins University, The Food and Drug Administration, and the British Medical Journal. These are the most credible sources in the world on the subject of medicine.

  11. #61
    Formerly Nick Hatfield SW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,432
    My own opinion is that weed and other drugs suck ass and 90% of the ppl I know who smoke it are idiots and I hate them. It's just a trait most of them have in common.

    I think we'll have to agree to disagree here boys. Good points made all around, I must add.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

    My Exploits

  12. #62
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    My own opinion is that weed and other drugs suck ass and 90% of the ppl I know who smoke it are idiots and I hate them. It's just a trait most of them have in common.

    I think we'll have to agree to disagree here boys. Good points made all around, I must add.
    :withstupi :withstupi :withstupi Ditto ditto. No more use out of this one. It's about to start looking like one of my threads.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  13. #63
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trich daddy
    No one can deny marijuana has adverse side effects.... as do cars, and fast food, and alcohol, and tobacco.

    The question is whether the US government embellishes or otherwise selectively promotes studies which exaggerate the severity of these effects. I think this is almost a no-brainer....
    I still think this quote pretty much sums it all up.

  14. #64
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Yea, for somebody who smokes pot.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  15. #65
    Lurking lilmase1153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the Gym
    Posts
    4,546
    honestly id rather drink than smoke, but thats just me.. they say a glass of wine a day is good for you, but ive never heard anyone saying blazing a jizzy a day will hepl with anything.. but as what bignic said earlier on this thread its all about moderation. and moderation i guess varies pretty greatly from person to person in this forum, but thats ok cause thats why we live in the country we do... good points for both sides i just wish people could have a calm conversation rather than getting all uppity about other peoples opinions.. so this is the end of my opinion and thanks for reading

  16. #66
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    47

    weed

    People are quick to judge people who smoke weed. I used to be one of them. I believed all the stuff about it killing brain cells, and all the other crap. Then i tried it. I will tell you it no where near as bad as cigarettes or alcohol. The only negative effect was smoke on the lungs. Although taking a few hits is no where near as bad as one cigarette. In fact studies show it takes several above average joints to have the effect of one cigarette. I don't smoke it anymore just because of my job. Im not endorsing or putting down smoking it, I just want to say its just like everything the media and governmetn do its all spin.

  17. #67
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Jim
    Yea, for somebody who smokes pot.
    Apparently you need to read over that again.

  18. #68
    Super Elite shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    697
    Acualy ive been told by people that PCP makes holes in your brain. I could be wrong though.
    age:22
    weight: 155?
    height: 5'9"

    -LONGER TERM GOALS-
    benchpress: 275x1
    military press: 160x1
    deadlift: 405x1

  19. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    169
    Trich daddy is my new internet hero. Seriously, you're the man.

    SalahG, I could at least accept your position and respect it, except for where you say you trust the government. How anyone could have that position blows my mind. They'd never ever lie to us would they? Please.

    Even my boy-scout, militant anti-pot friends will admit that the campaign waged by the gov't is BS, and it should NOT be illegal, and in fact should be decriminalized to draw a line in the sand between safe, legal substances, and dangerous, illegal drugs.

  20. #70
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd Hatter
    Trich daddy is my new internet hero. Seriously, you're the man.

    SalahG, I could at least accept your position and respect it, except for where you say you trust the government. How anyone could have that position blows my mind. They'd never ever lie to us would they? Please.

    Even my boy-scout, militant anti-pot friends will admit that the campaign waged by the gov't is BS, and it should NOT be illegal, and in fact should be decriminalized to draw a line in the sand between safe, legal substances, and dangerous, illegal drugs.
    I trust government studies that are done on drugs. If they were going to be bias, the government would be biased towards legalization. We get a lot of revenue from the tabacco industry, the hemp industry could be huge, but because of it's very harsh negative side effects, we don't. This is proven by studies done by prominent doctors, and universities around the world. Not just the FDA. Thinking that it won't harm you is purely wishful thinking, and saying that studies done by John Hopkins University are bias is just a cop out. You are doing something harmful to your body everytime you smoke marijuana, end of subject.

  21. #71
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    I trust government studies that are done on drugs. If they were going to be bias, the government would be biased towards legalization. We get a lot of revenue from the tabacco industry, the hemp industry could be huge, but because of it's very harsh negative side effects, we don't. This is proven by studies done by prominent doctors, and universities around the world. Not just the FDA. Thinking that it won't harm you is purely wishful thinking, and saying that studies done by John Hopkins University are bias is just a cop out. You are doing something harmful to your body everytime you smoke marijuana, end of subject.
    This is EXACTLY right. The government will never be our pot dealers, no matter how much money they would make from it. I know a lot of you smokers are real hopeful about the legalization situation, but it will NEVER happen. Medicinal use is still against federal law, and doctor and patient alike get busted for it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by tom o
    That's some creative use of the English language
    Yea Billy, someone need to learn me how to spoke American gooder. Of all places, an English lesson in a thread about marijuana? I'm gonna lay down back, cuz our concussion had me sleepy.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  22. #72
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    I trust government studies that are done on drugs. If they were going to be bias, the government would be biased towards legalization. We get a lot of revenue from the tabacco industry, the hemp industry could be huge, but because of it's very harsh negative side effects, we don't. This is proven by studies done by prominent doctors, and universities around the world. Not just the FDA. Thinking that it won't harm you is purely wishful thinking, and saying that studies done by John Hopkins University are bias is just a cop out. You are doing something harmful to your body everytime you smoke marijuana, end of subject.
    99% of the people who want legalization don't care if it's bad for you. Alcohol is bad for you, tobacco is bad for you. Tobacco kills 400,000 people a year. It's about money-plain and simple. If anyone does not believe that then you're naive, and do not realize that it has nothing to do with harmful effects. Industries that make over the counter pain medicine are against it, the government is against it because legalization would mean everyone would grow their own, and the government wouldn't make jack. That's why pot is illegal.

    I think it's hilarious when people say "marijuana is illegal because it's bad for you". Well there's a million and one things that are legal and just as harmful. Wake up and smell the coffee.

  23. #73
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    99% of the people who want legalization don't care if it's bad for you. Alcohol is bad for you, tobacco is bad for you. Tobacco kills 400,000 people a year. It's about money-plain and simple. If anyone does not believe that then you're naive, and do not realize that it has nothing to do with harmful effects. Industries that make over the counter pain medicine are against it, the government is against it because legalization would mean everyone would grow their own, and the government wouldn't make jack. That's why pot is illegal.

    I think it's hilarious when people say "marijuana is illegal because it's bad for you". Well there's a million and one things that are legal and just as harmful. Wake up and smell the coffee.
    Marijuana is bad for you. Ending this discussion.................now.
    Last edited by SalahG; 11-05-2004 at 03:11 PM.

  24. #74
    Senior Member AzBboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    636
    the only ones that advocate marijuana are the addicts of it, plain and simple.

  25. #75
    hammin'
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    I trust government studies that are done on drugs. If they were going to be bias, the government would be biased towards legalization. We get a lot of revenue from the tabacco industry, the hemp industry could be huge, but because of it's very harsh negative side effects, we don't. This is proven by studies done by prominent doctors, and universities around the world. Not just the FDA. Thinking that it won't harm you is purely wishful thinking, and saying that studies done by John Hopkins University are bias is just a cop out. You are doing something harmful to your body everytime you smoke marijuana, end of subject.
    Ah, but therein lies the game.

    Top two industries in terms of profits and total dollar amounts are: oil and illicit drugs; in that order. Incidentally, the tobacco industry makes an ass ton of money as well.

    Legalizing marijuana serves only to bolster the argument for total repeal of prohibition. You'd be kidding yourself to think that many influential people within the United States don't have their hands in the drug trade.... profitable AND tax free. Hell, remember the CIA selling cocaine during Iran-Contra? Our own ****ing government was profiting from it...

    The fact is that drugs are just too profitable when they're illegal. Marijuana is the least profitable of the lot... but legalizing it only bolsters civil rights arguments for legalizing them all.

    The fact that many drugs are health issues is irrelevant. In this great country we call America, we have a thing called the Constitution. Conceivably, each individual state could criminalize drugs, but the Controlled Substances Act is unconstitutional... by the 10th Amendment.

    In fact, it may be repealed soon. There's a case working its way up through the district courts challenging the CSA w/ regards to medical marijuana. After all, med mj is a states issue as the product never leaves the state. Therefore, the United States has no jurisdiction. A techinicality for sure, but what's right is right.
    They say that when your ships comes in
    The first man takes the sails
    Second takes the afterdeck
    The third: the planks and rails.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •