Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 133

Thread: Heavy Marijuana User Trying to get back into shape

  1. #76
    Senior Member CraigVA286's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    121
    "the only ones that advocate marijuana are the addicts of it, plain and simple."

    "Marijuana is bad for you. Ending this discussion.................now."

    Wow a lot of ignorance in this thread.

    I link that to the lack of critical thinking skills being tought in schools. Give me a break, pot is a natural plant that people LIKE to smoke. Leave people alone how about that? The prohibition of it keeps drug dealers on the streets and the black market booming.

    If it was bad, people would be dropping dead left and right. But they arent and 18 million people regularly use it.


    Do some research before you spout your sophisticated DARE logic which is ignore facts, deny truths, run away from the problem, and shout out catchy lies.

    Again , its like steroids. Its a personal decision. Its not as bad as people want you to think. It doesnt hurt anyone else. So why put thousands of innocent people in jail because of it?
    Last edited by CraigVA286; 11-05-2004 at 07:12 PM.

  2. #77
    Formerly Nick Hatfield SW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,432
    *Lolls head around because he hates to read this thread, it just beckons so*
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

    My Exploits

  3. #78
    maximum electronica orbital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    How are the studies that I cited not credible? Those websites cited John Hopkins University, The Food and Drug Administration, and the British Medical Journal. These are the most credible sources in the world on the subject of medicine.
    Come on buddy, you are in University right?
    Quote the literature.

    Example

    Quote Originally Posted by trich daddy
    Winters-TH, Franza-JR, Radioactivity in Cigarette Smoke, New England Journal of Medicine, 1982;
    306(6): 364-365 (reproduced w/o permission)
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

    --Wordsworth

  4. #79
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigVA286
    "the only ones that advocate marijuana are the addicts of it, plain and simple."

    "Marijuana is bad for you. Ending this discussion.................now."

    Wow a lot of ignorance in this thread.

    I link that to the lack of critical thinking skills being tought in schools. Give me a break, pot is a natural plant that people LIKE to smoke. Leave people alone how about that? The prohibition of it keeps drug dealers on the streets and the black market booming.

    If it was bad, people would be dropping dead left and right. But they arent and 18 million people regularly use it.


    Do some research before you spout your sophisticated DARE logic which is ignore facts, deny truths, run away from the problem, and shout out catchy lies.

    Again , its like steroids. Its a personal decision. Its not as bad as people want you to think. It doesnt hurt anyone else. So why put thousands of innocent people in jail because of it?
    lol, saying marijuana is bad for you is ignorant? I'm sorry but that statement is ignorance in and of itself.

  5. #80
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    This is ret@rded. Nobody listens to anyone but themselves. This thread should be closed. It's gone way off topic, and is not helping the original poster at all.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  6. #81
    big pimpin biggimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    omaha
    Posts
    1,762
    as someone who used to smoke, i find i am a lot better w/out it. thats just my opinion though.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.


    journal

  7. #82
    hammin'
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    551
    SalahG seems to be ignoring quite a few of the posts now...

    Personally, I see how the thread ought to be locked: it's run its course... yet we haven't degenerated completely here; which I'm proud of.
    They say that when your ships comes in
    The first man takes the sails
    Second takes the afterdeck
    The third: the planks and rails.

  8. #83
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Yea, that is quite an accomplishment.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  9. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Jim
    Okay genius, it's not like I just heard it and I believe it, I was in outpatient rehab and I saw pictures of CT scans of the effects of alcohol, pot, and other drugs after only a couple years of heavy use. It really does physically damage your brain whether you can notice or not. I'm well educated in the matter of drugs, I'm not just a person who repeats what somebody's mom said once, or my pothead friend told me.
    First of you, you are spewing absolute bull**** on this board. Man, people spouting off about bull**** as though it's fact kills me. Marijuana does NOT mutate your genes, does not lead to "holes" in your brain (which are in fact not even holes are all). Those scans are done with MDMA use in animals and the "holes" are destroyed dendrites (and/or axons, I cant recall off hand as it's late). A phenomena that has not been replicated in humans I might add, and MDMA is ued in research specifically due to it's ability to oblitera neural connections in order to observe regrowth. The only other "holes" I can think of are Olney's lesions but they occur more as a result of high level abuse and prolonged abuse of DXM (possibly other dissociatives). The guy who did the MDMA research for the government is a hack, his credibility is shot, it's been well known for years that many researchers are basically hired gunsfor the US Gov. Guys like Ricuarte gets funding out the ass to "prove" what they want to put fourth to the public. His most recent or one of his most recent articles in Science had to print a full retraction in the next issue regarding it. His data was completely invalid as he had been administering methamphetamines because of a "mix up" and apparently MDMA was never even delivered to the lab or never used if it was.

    On a related issue, something I have a more intimate understanding. Marijuana research, and research in general is influenced by who are grants are coming from. Many papers coming out from the US purporting negative effectives of marijuana or drugs in general haven't been replicable outside that person's lab or outside of the USA. In one instance contact with one of the authors lead to the conclusion that the protocol was impossible to follow and clearly had not been used in the experiment. So in reality he posted an impossible procedure to follow rendering any chance at replicating his results impossible.

    **** I didn't read all the posts because it degraded into a good/bad argument, but if someone actually is interested in good papers, written by credible authors (obviously from peer reviewed journals) I will dig through my pile of papers and post a few.
    Last edited by Dirt; 11-06-2004 at 05:55 AM.

  10. #85
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Whoa, calm down there turbo. Read what I wrote. A peanut butter sandwich will change your genes, so of course anything intoxicating will too. I was watching a video that showed CT scans of PEOPLE who had physically damaged their brains from drugs and alcohol. It showed the difference between someone who had done a lot of MDMA, someone who smoked a lot of marijuana, someone who drank a lot, and what a healthy scan was supposed to look like. I didn't mean actual holes THROUGH your brain, but visible damage that looked like someone had squeezed the brain and left finger impressions. I don't expect anyone to believe this, as I am apparently the only one who has seen this, but I doubt very much that this kind of thing can be fabricated to try and scare addicts out of using drugs and/or alcohol. So if you don't believe me (no one seems to believe anything but what they themselves say in this thread), keep your comments to yourself. I know what I SAW, and I am well educated on the issue. I will reiterate that I am not against marijuana, and I hate that people are put in jail, halfway houses, rehab, etc. for it. My main point was that it will never be legalized as it actually does (SOMETIMES permanent) damage to your body, and there are other adverse effects while you are high.
    Last edited by Titanium_Jim; 11-06-2004 at 02:35 PM.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  11. #86
    zen idiot Scott S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by AzBboy
    the only ones that advocate marijuana are the addicts of it, plain and simple.
    I advocate drug legalization and I'm not addicted, so you're wrong.

    Wow that was easy.


    ON EDIT: made my statement more inclusive.
    Last edited by Scott S; 11-06-2004 at 05:26 PM.

  12. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Jim
    Whoa, calm down there turbo. Read what I wrote. A peanut butter sandwich will change your genes, so of course anything intoxicating will too. I was watching a video that showed CT scans of PEOPLE who had physically damaged their brains from drugs and alcohol. It showed the difference between someone who had done a lot of MDMA, someone who smoked a lot of marijuana, someone who drank a lot, and what a healthy scan was supposed to look like. I didn't mean actual holes THROUGH your brain, but visible damage that looked like someone had squeezed the brain and left finger impressions. I don't expect anyone to believe this, as I am apparently the only one who has seen this, but I doubt very much that this kind of thing can be fabricated to try and scare addicts out of using drugs and/or alcohol. So if you don't believe me (no one seems to believe anything but what they themselves say in this thread), keep your comments to yourself. I know what I SAW, and I am well educated on the issue. I will reiterate that I am not against marijuana, and I hate that people are put in jail, halfway houses, rehab, etc. for it. My main point was that it will never be legalized as it actually does (SOMETIMES permanent) damage to your body, and there are other adverse effects while you are high.
    I can honestly say, without hesitation that you are an idiot. A peanut butter sandwich won't change your genes. The idea is outrageous, I'm sitting here in disbelief that you're arguing with me (or perhaps that I'm wasting time arguing with you). Those images are ridiculous, I've seen them. Chronic alcohol abuse can lead to the enlargement of the ventricles in your brain, that isn't denied by anyone. Those MDMA slides that float around are completely misrepresented, they are not indicative of damage at all. Also, this statement is the very definition of ignorance: "I doubt very much that this kind of thing can be fabricated to try and scare addicts out of using drugs and/or alcohol." The US war on drugs is nothing more than a a propaganda machine. It's entire purpose is to spin things out of proportion, falsify findings and misrepresent data. Go take a look at Ricuarte's work, that guy is a joke, he's became the poster boy for how bad MDMA is for you and the government loved it, but no one else did in the academic world because his methodology was bull****, his findings unsupported and his lab practices "questionnable".

    On a related note, I guarantee that my formal education gives me a "slightly" greater insight into the issue than the video you watched while in rehab.

  13. #88
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Jim
    Almost everyone has been right, but as is easily observed, this is an issue that will never be settled, because there will always be people advocating use, against use, and somewhere inbetween, and everyone is quick to disbelieve all but what they know to be true
    Keep your comments to yourself. I'm not arguing with anyone. This subject will never reach agreement.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  14. #89
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    47
    One thing i can say is that some people are like sheep. Just because the government has run continous proproganda about drugs they find theirselves believing something they know nothing about. I know by now debating this has no purpose, but there are studies that show the medicinal benifits of marijuana for many different people. Did you know that the government actually grows high strength marijuana and distributes it to patients. All im saying is the govenment studies are spun for what they want to convey to the people. Marijuana is safer than Nicotine. Do you know why its not ourlawed? Ok geniuses listen up. Think how many people smoke cigarettes. How many smokers would that piss off? So even though they are horrible for you the government does nothing. The war on drugs is basically for public relations. The government says "We are protecting your kids". Its a parents responsibility to do that? So man people want to be told what to do, what to say, what to think. Then they want to say well the government says this is the truth. All these people are the true idiots.

  15. #90
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    as someone who used to smoke, i find i am a lot better w/out it. thats just my opinion though.
    I'm better off if I don't eat a big mac everyday, so should we outlaw those too?
    The entire point of legalizing drugs is the fact that people should be able to smoke pot if they want to-how harmful it is remains IRRELEVEANT. Nobody is claiming that marijuana is side effect free.

    If we are allowed to consume alcohol, we should also be allowed to smoke pot-period. There isn't a single fact out there that can compete with that statement.

  16. #91
    I wannabebig!
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    in my own world
    Posts
    1,816
    you are allowed to smoke pot... if you have cataracts that is

  17. #92
    bulking again
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    I'm better off if I don't eat a big mac everyday, so should we outlaw those too?
    The entire point of legalizing drugs is the fact that people should be able to smoke pot if they want to-how harmful it is remains IRRELEVEANT. Nobody is claiming that marijuana is side effect free.

    If we are allowed to consume alcohol, we should also be allowed to smoke pot-period. There isn't a single fact out there that can compete with that statement.
    im with you on that alcohol is much more harmful than weed which is a weak ass drug.. i'd rather be in a car with a driver who's high than someone who's drunk but that's jus me..

  18. #93
    Formerly Nick Hatfield SW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,432
    Marijuana is like alcohol in the respect that it takes you out of your natural mind and is rightfully outlawed. I will also say that the reason it isn't outlawed would be the intense backlash form alcohol abusers and those who just enjoy drinking it, also the govornment can't stand the large loss of funds, plus it's a huge economy in itself. So I determine that is marijuana were legalized, it would attain a similar status in America. Another alcohol. Same with cigarettes, which I despise. Although they don't kill others (directly for the most part as long as the smoker stays away from other smokers during the smoking). All are drugs and all should, in an ideal world, be banned.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

    My Exploits

  19. #94
    zen idiot Scott S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    Marijuana is like alcohol in the respect that it takes you out of your natural mind and is rightfully outlawed. I will also say that the reason it isn't outlawed would be the intense backlash form alcohol abusers and those who just enjoy drinking it, also the govornment can't stand the large loss of funds, plus it's a huge economy in itself. So I determine that is marijuana were legalized, it would attain a similar status in America. Another alcohol. Same with cigarettes, which I despise. Although they don't kill others (directly for the most part as long as the smoker stays away from other smokers during the smoking). All are drugs and all should, in an ideal world, be banned.
    So that the government makes no revenue from *any* substance, and locks up *all* citizens that use substances? I'll take it you don't study much history.

  20. #95
    hammin'
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S
    So that the government makes no revenue from *any* substance, and locks up *all* citizens that use substances? I'll take it you don't study much history.
    LOL... I'll take it he's *cough* religious...?
    They say that when your ships comes in
    The first man takes the sails
    Second takes the afterdeck
    The third: the planks and rails.

  21. #96
    zen idiot Scott S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by trich daddy
    LOL... I'll take it he's *cough* religious...?
    Either that, or he's never heard of Prohibition and The Rise of Organized Crime.

  22. #97
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    Marijuana is like alcohol in the respect that it takes you out of your natural mind and is rightfully outlawed. I will also say that the reason it isn't outlawed would be the intense backlash form alcohol abusers and those who just enjoy drinking it, also the govornment can't stand the large loss of funds, plus it's a huge economy in itself. So I determine that is marijuana were legalized, it would attain a similar status in America. Another alcohol. Same with cigarettes, which I despise. Although they don't kill others (directly for the most part as long as the smoker stays away from other smokers during the smoking). All are drugs and all should, in an ideal world, be banned.
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. So you're saying in an ideal world that your government controls what you can and can't do?

  23. #98
    Hot as FCUK Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In Denial
    Posts
    0
    Has to be religious, free thinking people don't talk like that.

    That's gonna get me yelled at, i just know it.

  24. #99
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    29
    Sorry I haven't kept you guys updated haha! I have still not smoked since I first posted and have gotten a pretty good routine going on, I'll post it later since I'm busy with homework now. Thanks for all the help guys now I know what to eat and how to lift.

    As for the weed arguement thats going on I guess it just depends on the person. Everything is good in moderation but I abused marijuana and smoked it excessively so I couldn't handle just a little. Its all or nothing for me. Some people can get good grades and smoke, others cant. Its all how you handle it.

  25. #100
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    I want to say again congratulations for staying off as I know how hard it is going from high close to all the time to completely sober. After about a month at the most it gets easier, especially if you're not around anyone who smokes. Good luck, and post your routine and questions if you have any.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •