The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    imo, almost all foreign policy would be the exact same with either man in office. The main differences in the two men is primarily fiscal issues, and power being brought to the national government, or spread to the state govs
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

It is just food for thought. Many individuals, news correspondents, public opinion, etc has mentioned that Kerry would have ended the war. He opposed the war and he would pull out the troops. I was just giving another way to look at the outcome of the involved countries instead of everyone worrying about what the world thinks of the US being involved in the war. The world would think alot worse if the US was to pull out.
    Tuef = "I need to get my ego stroked more often."

Kerry was not against the war, nor would he have pulled the troops out.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

does anyone know where this came from? I need to know who wrote this, because i will give them my vote from now on......

November 03, 2004
    Concession Speech

My fellow Americans, the people of this nation have spoken, and spoken with a clear voice. So I am here to offer my concession.

Boos, groans, rending of garments

I concede that I overestimated the intelligence of the American people. Though the people disagree with the President on almost every issue, you saw fit to vote for him. I never saw that coming. That's really special. And I mean "special" in the sense that we use it to describe those kids who ride the short school bus and find ways to injure themselves while eating pudding with rubber spoons. That kind of special.

I concede that I misjudged the power of hate. That's pretty powerful stuff, and I didn't see it. So let me take a moment to congratulate the President's strategists: Putting the gay marriage amendments on the ballot in various swing states like Ohio... well, that was just genius. Genius. It got people, a certain kind of people, to the polls. The unprecedented number of folks who showed up and cited "moral values" as their biggest issue, those people changed history. The folks who consider same sex marriage a more important issue than war, or terrorism, or the economy... Who'd have thought the election would belong to them? Well, Karl Rove did. Gotta give it up to him for that.

Boos.

Now, now. Credit where it's due.

I concede that I put too much faith in America's youth. With 8 out of 10 of you opposing the President, with your friends and classmates dying daily in a war you disapprove of, with your future being mortgaged to pay for rich old peoples' tax breaks, you somehow managed to sit on your asses and watch the Cartoon Network while aging homophobic hillbillies carried the day. You voted with the exact same anemic percentage that you did in 2000. You suck. Seriously, y'do.

Cheers, applause

Thank you. Thank you very much.

There are some who would say that I sound bitter, that now is the time for healing, to bring the nation together. Let me tell you a little story. Last night, I watched the returns come in with some friends here in Los Angeles. As the night progressed, people began to talk half-seriously about secession, a red state / blue state split. The reasoning was this: We in blue states produce the vast majority of the wealth in this country and pay the most taxes, and you in the red states receive the majority of the money from those taxes while complaining about 'em. We in the blue states are the only ones who've been attacked by foreign terrorists, yet you in the red states are gung ho to fight a war in our name. We in the blue states produce the entertainment that you consume so greedily each day, while you in the red states show open disdain for us and our values. Blue state civilians are the actual victims and targets of the war on terror, while red state civilians are the ones standing behind us and yelling "Oh, yeah!? Bring it on!"

More than 40% of you Bush voters still believe that Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11. I'm impressed by that, truly I am. Your sons and daughters who might die in this war know it's not true, the people in the urban centers where al Qaeda wants to attack know it's not true, but those of you who are at practically no risk believe this easy lie because you can. As part of my concession speech, let me say that I really envy that luxury. I concede that.

Healing? We, the people at risk from terrorists, the people who subsidize you, the people who speak in glowing and respectful terms about the heartland of America while that heartland insults and excoriates us... we wanted some healing. We spoke loud and clear. And you refused to give it to us, largely because of your high moral values. You knew better: America doesn't need its allies, doesn't need to share the burden, doesn't need to unite the world, doesn't need to provide for its future. Hell no. Not when it's got a human shield of pointy-headed, atheistic, unconfrontational breadwinners who are willing to pay the bills and play nice in the vain hope of winning a vote that we can never have. Because we're "morally inferior," I suppose, we are supposed to respect your values while you insult ours. And the big joke here is that for 20 years, we've done just that.

It's not a "ha-ha" funny joke, I realize, but it's a joke all the same. Being an independent candidate gives me one luxury - as well as conceding the election today, I am also announcing my candidacy for President in 2008.

Wild applause, screams, chants

Thank you.

And I make this pledge to you today: THIS time, next time, there will be no pandering. This time I will run with all the open and joking contempt for my opponents that our President demonstrated towards the cradle of liberty, the Ivy League intellectuals, the "media elite," and the "white-wine sippers." This time I will not pretend that the simple folk of America know just as much as the people who devote their lives to serving and studying the nation and the world. They don't.

So that's why I'm asking for your vote in 2008, America. I'm talking to you, you ignorant, slack-jawed yokels, you bible-thumping, inbred drones, you redneck, racist, chest-thumping, perennially duped grade-school grads. Vote for me, because I know better, and I truly believe that I can help your smug, sorry asses. Vote ______ in '08! Thank you, and may God, if he does in fact exist, bless each and every one of you.

Tumultuous cheers, applause, and foot-stomping. PULL BACK to reveal the rest of the stage, the row of cameras, hundreds of unoccupied chairs, and the empty field beyond.
    Last edited by Tryska; 11-05-2004 at 11:44 AM.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    I'm not sure either way.

I'd love to believe purposefully rigged, because the mathematics jsut doesn't pan out for me, but until there's proof, i won't commit.

And in any case, even if it were true, what then? The dust settles, the numbers prove to be in Kerry's favor, and Bush stays in office. Just like last time.
    Kerry needed a lot more than that. Bush won by quite a margin.

okay.

See why I am not very political. I didnt pay that much attention. I did hear and read a couple items about Kerry putting an end to the war, but I dont recall how long ago that was.

Sorry, I will leave the thread up to those who paid attention.
    Tuef = "I need to get my ego stroked more often."

i hope he did'nt say that.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Tina, you are such a smart lady.

That's why I don't understand the way you've been posting about this election. You call out the Bush-Nazis as being fascist - which they are. But more than anyone else, you blindly seem to promote Kerry like he's the Messiah.

What's up with this? Do you really like Kerry this much, or is it more that you hate Bush so much? I'm just at a loss. Early on in the election proceedings, you were much more even handed - now it's just extreme Kerry promotion, using the same kind of sources that you'd ridicule a Bush supporter for. What's going on?
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    Tina, you are such a smart lady.

That's why I don't understand the way you've been posting about this election. You call out the Bush-Nazis as being fascist - which they are. But more than anyone else, you blindly seem to promote Kerry like he's the Messiah.

What's up with this? Do you really like Kerry this much, or is it more that you hate Bush so much? I'm just at a loss. Early on in the election proceedings, you were much more even handed - now it's just extreme Kerry promotion, using the same kind of sources that you'd ridicule a Bush supporter for. What's going on?
    The USA will not become a facist state, and supporters of Bush aren't Nazi's.

You just don't give up, do you?

Where in my post did it say the U.S. was a fascist state? And where did I say that supporters of Bush are Nazis?

Read again and apply logic. I said "Bush-Nazis". Not "all Bush voters are Nazis". There are also "Kerry-Nazis" out there.

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    Kerry needed a lot more than that. Bush won by quite a margin.
    He won by 3,509,257 votes or 3.01% of the popular vote.

Not exactly a landslide in my opinion.

Also: Bush claims he has a mandate. I'm sorry but if he had won by a larger margin, he *might* have a mandate. As it stands now, what he has is a clear answer by the people that America's domestic problems have far greater weight than a war of dubious origin.

Stash
    Last edited by Focused70; 11-05-2004 at 12:50 PM.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

dude, kerry lost the election. it's not about him anymore.

now it's all about figuring out how to never let this happen again. i'm angry, that i'm having religion crammed down my throat, and morals decided for me, by a bunch of hateful fundamentalists.

i'm pissed off that while i'm standing up and speaking out as much as i can about the craziness that's been going on since 9/11, i'm the one that gets insulted and labeled a commie america-hater by people who are happy to let other people die for their beliefs, but won't get off their asses, because their too busy i dunno, going to church or soemthing.

i'm utterly disgusted.

and i've played nice, and i've played rational, and i've played politically correct, while people insulted me, using all the labels under my title, as well as many more, i ain't takin' it anymore. i can be just as rude and ignorant and simple-minded as anyone else here, or elsewhere.

if you're a bigot, i'm gonna call you a bigot.

if you're an idiot, i'll let you know you're an idiot

if you're a hypocrite - guess what, i'm not afraid to say it - you're a damn hypocrite.

you want me to lend you a hand? f*ck you, be self-reliant.

the people made their choices, let 'em deal with it.

i'm angry and i'm disgusted.

Tina - your PM box is full.

Pearls of Wisdom...