Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 364

Thread: Discuss the US Presidential Election Here

  1. #26
    Senior Member meltedtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,078
    Bush got all his overly zealous, religious born again freaks to come out of the woodwork and vote to stop the evil spread of homo's and heathen infidels. God bless America.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

    There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

  2. #27
    Party of "No." Tryska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    23,191
    I agree melted time. i'm jsut blown away that people would fall for this wedge issue crap. I really thought americans were generally smarter than this. But whatever. we're stupid. I know this now, and so does the rest of the world.


    What's most fascinating are the states that receive the most welfare from the government are all red states, whining about people being on welfare and sucking the economy dry.


    that's irony.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

    Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!


    Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

  3. #28
    Journalist galileo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,289
    That's just selective conservativism at work. Neocons~

  4. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    835
    Best thing about Bush winning: Not having to
    watch Lib's and major media celebrating.

    Worst thing about Bush winning: Having to
    endure Neocon's (not real con's) and talk
    radio hosts crowing.

    I voted Badnarik. Feel pretty good about it.

    PS: Wonder when CBS' investigation of the
    Dan Rather "affair" will be complete?
    Maybe by 2008?

  5. #30
    Party of "No." Tryska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    23,191
    well rdkraus, make the switch to liberal talk-radio, and instead of crowing you get to hear them trying to make sense of it all.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

    Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!


    Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

  6. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    I agree melted time. i'm jsut blown away that people would fall for this wedge issue crap. I really thought americans were generally smarter than this. But whatever. we're stupid. I know this now, and so does the rest of the world.
    50% of all people are below average.

  7. #32
    Down with the Sickness
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brandon, Florida
    Posts
    340
    Why would you say America is stupid? Because they don't read into or believe all the biased liberal spin? The bottom line is that America has spoken, and the majority favors BUSH/ CHENEY. Listen all the people who did all the negative mud slinging and spinning should now sac up and support the President in this time of war. I know I know most of the left won't be able to accept this and will continue to put all the spin and sling mud all they want. But you know what i find interesting, that if Kerry were to win office all the positives in the war and in the economy would have come out immedietly. This is just the simple fact of the majority of the media being biased left.

    I stayed up last night in to the wee hours of the morning, the later it got the more i was tempted to watch CNN. So i flipped channels from nbc to cnn and to various other stations, man o man did CNN ever sound like Baghdad bob last night. All other stations reporting Bush won Ohio, All other stations reporting it looked grim for Kerry, but yet CNN was still talking about Kerry has a chance. Baghdad Bob impersonation to it's best.

  8. #33
    Professional hobbit Focused70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Posts
    7,811
    Yeah, losing sucks, but c'mon folks, have to deal with it and move on. Besides, second term presidents aren't known for being notable in recent history and run an increased risk of screwing up their "legacy". See Nixon's, Reagan's and Clinton's for examples. So take comfort in that if you want to.

    I think a better outlook would be to see how you can shape the outcome of the contest four years from now. George Soros recognized this long before the 2004 race began. Click here to find out more. Soros is instrumental in laying the groundwork for a network of Democratic fundraising that will prove to be key in the 2008 election cycle.

    Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah


    Food log

    The Focused Chronicles

  9. #34
    Down with the Sickness
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brandon, Florida
    Posts
    340
    Better soros then clinton

  10. #35
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    I agree melted time. i'm jsut blown away that people would fall for this wedge issue crap. I really thought americans were generally smarter than this. But whatever. we're stupid. I know this now, and so does the rest of the world.


    What's most fascinating are the states that receive the most welfare from the government are all red states, whining about people being on welfare and sucking the economy dry.


    that's irony.
    Than why don't you move to Cambodia, Vietnam, or India? All great socialist countries, with a hell of an economy.

  11. #36
    Senior Member estropes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    well rdkraus, make the switch to liberal talk-radio, and instead of crowing you get to hear them trying to make sense of it all.

    The problem with that is liberal make no sense at all!!!

    If you don't beleive just read this thread. I'm sorry, majority spoke get over yourselves and move on.

    Support the president, even if you don't like him. Support your country even if you don't like it.

    You will get another chance to make your voice hear in 4 years, until then try your best to support your country. Majority rule, and we will respect the minority opinion.

    I disagree with what most liberals say, but at the same time we need you, just like you need us. We keep each other in check. At this point in time in history I think most people feel it is important to focus on family and security and I think that tends to lean more to the republicans strong suite. In the future I'm sure priorities will change and we'll swing back the other way. It's just the way the game of politics works.

    Instead of being so mad, just respect it, and each other. I think if you keep that in mind the US would be a better place.
    Last edited by estropes; 11-03-2004 at 10:50 AM.

  12. #37
    Hulking bulking bruiser Minotaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    Really, you liberals need to chill out. Life isn't all that much different than it was in Clintons era, or Reagans era, or what ever. No one is losing their right to free speech, no there is not going to be a big catastrophy. We're all going to keep chugging along as usual.
    Uh, yeah it is different. We didn't have the Patriot Act during Clinton's or Reagan's eras; we didn't have a group of people being marginalized and support for a constitutional amendment to marginalize them further; we didn't live wondering when the other shoe is going to drop wrt a terrorist attack.

    Yeah, things are different.

    Thank you George W. Bush, thank you for reducing the quality of our lives.

  13. #38
    Party of "No." Tryska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    23,191
    your votes and your choice don't get my support. morally, i will not do it. What i will be doing, is working as hard as I possibly can, to set America to rights, at every opportunity, and my best to undo whatever damage you have wreaked with your choices. You can bet your life on that.


    sorry. you brought this on yourselves, and you have only yourselves to blame.


    and salah - i'd respond to you, but you make no sense.
    Last edited by Tryska; 11-03-2004 at 10:53 AM.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

    Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!


    Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

  14. #39
    Professional hobbit Focused70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Posts
    7,811
    I feel like Cassandra preaching doom to the masses and no one's listening. heh.

    It's ok, I'll just sit on the sidelines and watch the tennis match.

    Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah


    Food log

    The Focused Chronicles

  15. #40
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    Because Americans have fully, and wholeheartedly chosen to vote against their own best interests, in the name of some wedge issues given to them as "huge serious problems" by the RNC, by the Christian Fundamentalists, and by the Media.


    Anyone who will vote to shoot themselves in the ass, is stupid. or a masochist. you choose.
    You can't say that someone has chosen to vote against their own interests. Take me for instance, I'm heading to college for free, my parents are generally wealthy, and we are social conservatives. My interests would suit lower taxes, and socially conservative government. I don't need welfare, health care benefits, or help to pay for college. You know what's great about it all, me and my family all benefit because we worked hard, and got ahead in the world, instead of punishing my family by raising taxes. You don't like it? Take capitolism for all it's worth and have some personal responsibility and be successful.

  16. #41
    MACHINE
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    on the short bus
    Posts
    0
    I voted for Kerry yesterday, not only because of Bush's proven incompetence, but because I genuinely think Kerry wants to be a great president and I agree with his open-mindedness on issues. Everything is not black and white, in fact it's RARELY black and white, so think about something and recognize the grey area before "sticking to your guns".

    If anything good comes from the '04 election, I hope it's Bush realizing that the majority of the nation disagrees with how he's handled many things during his first term, and works toward improving those things. I seriously doubt that will happen because of his closed-mindedness, but I still hope.

    I like Kerry, and I think he'll be our next president in '08.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

    5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

  17. #42
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur
    Uh, yeah it is different. We didn't have the Patriot Act during Clinton's or Reagan's eras; we didn't have a group of people being marginalized and support for a constitutional amendment to marginalize them further; we didn't live wondering when the other shoe is going to drop wrt a terrorist attack.

    Yeah, things are different.

    Thank you George W. Bush, thank you for reducing the quality of our lives.
    Yeah, George W. Bush is the cause of terrorism.

  18. #43
    MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    FFFA Headquarters
    Posts
    11,468
    Tina,

    I think the ignorance and the gleefully evil are pretty equal on both sides. On the one side, we have the Bush cronies - followers of the "Spanish Inquisition" type of religious tolerance, blindly following anything and everything the Bush administration does. On the other side, we have a great deal of mindless globalization and holier-than-thou "I know what to do with you better than you know what to do with you" attitude. The truth is that the ignorant are hard to tell apart - both sides FOCUSED their election on pulling in the ignorant to vote in the swing states.

    I'm sick and tired of having this country's future decided by the morons. And this statement applies no matter who won (wins).

    Sure there are informed people on both sides, but they are vastly outnumbered by the Sheeple of the United States.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

    "All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

    "Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

    Pearls of Wisdom...


    Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

    Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

    And no COLON jokes, bastards!

  19. #44
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    your votes and your choice don't get my support. morally, i will not do it. What i will be doing, is working as hard as I possibly can, to set America to rights, at every opportunity, and my best to undo whatever damage you have wreaked with your choices. You can bet your life on that.


    sorry. you brought this on yourselves, and you have only yourselves to blame.


    and salah - i'd respond to you, but you make no sense.
    How does my comment not make sense? You are a liberal, you think america's stupid. Go try out a different country, like one of the countries mentioned, they are all very liberal compared to the USA, and are great places to live and prosper.

  20. #45
    Party of "No." Tryska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    23,191
    go back and read my first post in regards to what you have voted against salah.


    this isn't jsut about you. by looking at it from the selfish views of you and your pocketbook, you have just failed to uphold the Pillar of Zakat.

    One of the most important principles of Islam is that all things belong to God, and that wealth is therefore held by human beings in trust. The word zakat means both 'purification' and 'growth'. Our possessions are purified by setting aside a proportion for those in need, and, like the pruning of plants, this cutting back balances and encourages new growth.

    The Prophet said: 'Charity is a necessity for every Muslim. ' He was asked: 'What if a person has nothing?' The Prophet replied: 'He should work with his own hands for his benefit and then give something out of such earnings in charity.' The Companions asked: 'What if he is not able to work?' The Prophet said: 'He should help poor and needy persons.' The Companions further asked 'What if he cannot do even that?' The Prophet said 'He should urge others to do good.' The Companions said 'What if he lacks that also?' The Prophet said 'He should check himself from doing evil. That is also charity.'
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

    Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!


    Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

  21. #46
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    Tina,

    I think the ignorance and the gleefully evil are pretty equal on both sides. On the one side, we have the Bush cronies - followers of the "Spanish Inquisition" type of religious tolerance, blindly following anything and everything the Bush administration does. On the other side, we have a great deal of mindless globalization and holier-than-thou "I know what to do with you better than you know what to do with you" attitude. The truth is that the ignorant are hard to tell apart - both sides FOCUSED their election on pulling in the ignorant to vote in the swing states.

    I'm sick and tired of having this country's future decided by the morons. And this statement applies no matter who won (wins).

    Sure there are informed people on both sides, but they are vastly outnumbered by the Sheeple of the United States.
    No offense Gyno, than why don't you move to Canada? I mean if it is so bad here for you, than move on.

  22. #47
    Party of "No." Tryska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    23,191
    Quote Originally Posted by gino
    I voted for Kerry yesterday, not only because of Bush's proven incompetence, but because I genuinely think Kerry wants to be a great president and I agree with his open-mindedness on issues. Everything is not black and white, in fact it's RARELY black and white, so think about something and recognize the grey area before "sticking to your guns".

    If anything good comes from the '04 election, I hope it's Bush realizing that the majority of the nation disagrees with how he's handled many things during his first term, and works toward improving those things. I seriously doubt that will happen because of his closed-mindedness, but I still hope.

    I like Kerry, and I think he'll be our next president in '08.

    hey gino!! how the hell have you been? and I agree with you. I'm hoping for Senate Minority Leader now tho.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

    Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!


    Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

  23. #48
    My monkey txterry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dallas Metro, TX
    Posts
    363
    Minotuar: What other solution is there but democracy. I have yet to see a better system at work... and the greeks invented it over 2000 years ago.

    Kerry conceded gracefully and we should all work as a united nation with the duly elected govenrment.
    I do agree that we may lose certain amounts of freedom and some rights. No funding for stem cell research, gay issues, cyberspace freedom, Patriot Act and a few others concern me.
    However we should not blame all this on Bush, We are living in an increasingly conservative country and we were attacked by terrorists.
    Its all about the journey

    My Journal
    Cottage Cheese

  24. #49
    Party of "No." Tryska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    23,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    How does my comment not make sense? You are a liberal, you think america's stupid. Go try out a different country, like one of the countries mentioned, they are all very liberal compared to the USA, and are great places to live and prosper.

    No - WRONG. and READING is FUNDAMENTAL. I don't think AMERICA is stupid. I think this current crop of AMERICANS is. So get it right.

    As for trying out other countries, you know not what you speak of.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

    Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!


    Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

  25. #50
    Banned SalahG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    go back and read my first post in regards to what you have voted against salah.


    this isn't jsut about you. by looking at it from the selfish views of you and your pocketbook, you have just failed to uphold the Pillar of Zakat.

    One of the most important principles of Islam is that all things belong to God, and that wealth is therefore held by human beings in trust. The word zakat means both 'purification' and 'growth'. Our possessions are purified by setting aside a proportion for those in need, and, like the pruning of plants, this cutting back balances and encourages new growth.

    The Prophet said: 'Charity is a necessity for every Muslim. ' He was asked: 'What if a person has nothing?' The Prophet replied: 'He should work with his own hands for his benefit and then give something out of such earnings in charity.' The Companions asked: 'What if he is not able to work?' The Prophet said: 'He should help poor and needy persons.' The Companions further asked 'What if he cannot do even that?' The Prophet said 'He should urge others to do good.' The Companions said 'What if he lacks that also?' The Prophet said 'He should check himself from doing evil. That is also charity.'
    Tryska, come on now, you really think I don't know what Zakat is? It's charity lady, and yes we give it. It doesn't mean that we shouldn't strive to be the best we can be. Islam economy=Capitolism=Self Reliance. Thus, we give charity to the very poor, but it is OUR choice to do so. We take it upon ourselves to do so, we are not getting it sucked out of our paychecks by force.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •