The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: body hair

body hair

hey i was reading arnold encyclopedia "the bible" and theres a section on hair removal and i am just curious who shaves so you can see there muscle definition better and how much of a diffrenece does it make anyhow, i was just curious and no one has mentioned it i dotn think

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    ive found like im sure you will that when you shave body hair it ends up growing back thicker and in more places than it was before

I'm a very hairy beast, not freakish like some people I know, but very hairy. I've tried shaving, which just does look very natural on me, but does show A LOT more muscle definition, but like I said it doesn't look real natural and I get ingrown hairs etc's. So what I've found works best is using an old beard trimmer of mine, setting it to 1/8 an inch and just doing almost everything. Looks very natural, shows a lot more muscle definition, avoids the ingrown hairs and my wife thinks it looks great too. Mind you I'm the kind of guy that when I used to work full time had to shave twice a day if I had an evening meeting so I sometimes have to trim once a week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by theperfectbeast
    ive found like im sure you will that when you shave body hair it ends up growing back thicker and in more places than it was before
    That's a load of crap, and when it's shaved it looks significantly better.

Banned
    i shave my belly and chest once in a while and it looks great. see the muscles way better. also see the fat better on the belly lol. ya now my whole belly is hairy. dam shaving!

and vido it isnt crap i nevr shaved my belly and it never got harrier. now it hasnt gone nuts but i can def tell that is has gotten hairier. dam i need to laearnhow to spell tonight
    Last edited by BlingMeter; 11-08-2004 at 09:09 PM.

As big as your momma
    nah Vido, i gotta disagree, when you start shaving your chest your hair does grow back thicker. at least for the few guys, myself included, that i know. perhaps you got lucky you bastard!!!!!!! LOL

i wish i got lucky... wait a minute.... DOH!!!!!!!!

If you never shave, the hair you see is the "fine" end of a hair taper. When you shave, you cut it down to the thick end, so when it grows out it appears thicker. Its the same hair though, not new growth.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Quote Originally Posted by not_big_enuf
    nah Vido, i gotta disagree, when you start shaving your chest your hair does grow back thicker. at least for the few guys, myself included, that i know. perhaps you got lucky you bastard!!!!!!! LOL

i wish i got lucky... wait a minute.... DOH!!!!!!!!
    Vido is correct. It does not grow back thicker. When you shave you remove the natural taper of the hair and are, in essence, cutting it at its base. As a result it appears thicker. Think of it as cutting off a tree at it's base. The base is thicker, the top limbs are narrow and skinny.

*edit...despite being hair master I must give credit where credit is due. I think Alex (Belial) came up with the analogy in a previous post.
    Last edited by ectx; 11-10-2004 at 01:02 PM.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

As big as your momma
    well damn. thanks for the lesson. i am humbled!

Banned
    glad i learn something everyday. so in reality the hair just gets thicker correct?

Idling
    Quote Originally Posted by BlingMeter
    glad i learn something everyday. so in reality the hair just gets thicker correct?
    It doesn't actually GET thicker when it comes back. It's just real fine at the tip before you shave it, but the hair follicle has matured since it first started growing hair, and thats why when you shave it, it grows back as the dark/thicker matured hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ectx
    Vido is correct. It does not grow back thicker. When you shave you remove the natural taper of the hair and are, in essence, cutting it at its base. As a result it appears thicker. Think of it as cutting off a tree at it's base. The base is thicker, the top limbs are narrow and skinny.
    Beat you
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Quote Originally Posted by not_big_enuf
    well damn. thanks for the lesson. i am humbled!
    LOL...no problem and no need to be.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ectx
    LOL...no problem and no need to be.
    We all know ectx is the master when it comes to body hair.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    We all know ectx is the master when it comes to body hair.
    I found out first hand
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Quote Originally Posted by BCC
    I found out first hand
    Keep brushing your teeth. Eventually, they'll work their way out.
    Last edited by galileo; 11-10-2004 at 10:58 AM.

Last edited by ectx; 11-10-2004 at 01:41 PM.
    ecDoesIt

Anthony

- Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    Keep brushing your teeth. Eventually, they'll work their way out.
    That is vomit-worthy, yet priceless