The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Halo 2 Tomarrow at Midnight...

Its almost here, the moment all of us Halo fans have been waiting for, Halo 2. I know I'm starting to get pumped up about it. I have my copy preordered and will be at Sam Goody tomarrow night at 12:01 to get it. Is anyone else getting excited? Oh and if anyone is interested in reading some reviews ign.com, gamespot.com, and teamxbox.com has some just to name a few. Definately some good scores.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I don't think I'll be going to school all week because of this game. God bless college.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmoses
    I don't think I'll be going to school all week because of this game. God bless college.
    Oh yeah, and make sure to squeeze every bit of enjoyment out of college that you can. The real world sucks in comparison. You know, I thought "man, it will be great to graduate, because then I don't have to do homework- I can come home and play halo or play guitar or do whatever I want and have tons of time to lift." WRONG. You get home, and you eat and then you lift and then you eat and then you go to sleep because you're too tired to do anything else. WORK SUCKS.

EDIT: Me no spell good
    Last edited by RickTheDestroyer; 11-08-2004 at 12:36 PM.

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by DenimDemon
    Oh yeah, and make sure to squeeze every bit of enjoyment out of college that you can. The real world sucks in comparison. You know, I thought "man, it will be great to graduate, because then I don't have to do homework- I can come home and play halo or play guitar or do whatever I want and have tons of time to lift." WRONG. You get home, and you eat and then you lift and then you eat and then you go to sleep becuase you're too tired to do anything else. WORK SUCKS.
    :withstupi

Oh yeah, and make sure to squeeze every bit of enjoyment out of college that you can. The real world sucks in comparison. You know, I thought "man, it will be great to graduate, because then I don't have to do homework- I can come home and play halo or play guitar or do whatever I want and have tons of time to lift." WRONG. You get home, and you eat and then you lift and then you eat and then you go to sleep because you're too tired to do anything else. WORK SUCKS.

Hah, I feel for ya bro. I'm trying to enjoy college life within reason. I'm definitely keeping up with all of my studies and whatnot, I just treat myself when I feel it's warranted. And for whoever thought it was a dumb idea to skip a week of school to play Halo, if you saw the classes I'm taking right now, you'd understand. I have absolutely zero reason to go to class half the time.

Banned

ya its true, id rather be in school for the rest of my life than work. Just wait until ur married and have kids and have to work. HOLY CRAP

Beast in Training
    I was planning on skipping school, unfortuantely I have midterms November 9th and 10th... but I think by Thursday I will have earned the day off

I preordered it, and got the silver DVD collection edition thing.

yeah, i'll be picking a copy up tomorrow night too. any of you guys on live? should start a wbb clan....

I know a few people that have played it already. I guess you can have 2 guns up at the same time, different or the same two. I never really play X-box except at a friends but halo is my favorite.

The Big Wang
    its overrated
    my roommate had it for the past 2 weeks
    we played it 3 times..
    its same as the first one.. garphics a lil better..
    when u have the 2 guns u cant throw nades..
    Weight: 175
    Height: 5'11"
    Max Bench: 300 pounds
    Six pack: Yes

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=55173
    ^^Tis I.

Quote Originally Posted by abwowang
    its overrated
    my roommate had it for the past 2 weeks
    we played it 3 times..
    its same as the first one.. garphics a lil better..
    when u have the 2 guns u cant throw nades..
    Yeah, I have had a little time to play both single and multiplayer and it's really not worth the wait or the hype. Big let-down in my opinion.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    man, I wish i had xbox, but frock it, I'm still working the new GTA SA. That game is more incredible than any other game in the world. there is so much stuff in it that i'm still finding stuff and i've already beat it. i just found different versions of old school games from atari that you can play at diff arcades, and you can play pool for money against people at bars and even get lap dances...heheh sooo much stuff... sky diving is the coolest. been with rockstar since the first GTA...never get tired of it.
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

How'd some of you guys get it already? Ive heard Microsoft has spent some big bucks to make sure and keep this game very secretive. RBB I dont have live (cuz I dont have cabl/dsl) but if I did thatd definately be a cool idea.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

Skipping a week of school to play a computer game? Does anyone here actually work for a living?

Well, I'm pretty excited about it even though some people are viewing it as a letdown. I'm stilll plenty happy to play the original, so if it's basically that and more, I'll be happy.

reviews say the single player is dissapointing, which sucks cuz halo 1 had awesome single player. MP should be quite nice. review said the scope on the pistol is gone lol no more cheap sniping

Damnit! I loved using it to pick up off enemies.

so who got it and what do you think? I saw a big ol' line at my local video game store at 11:30 last night.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    First person shooters on consoles are horrible. It feels like someone just broken all my fingers and punched me in the face repeatedly and then let me play it on a PC.
    w00t

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GonePostal
    First person shooters on consoles are horrible. It feels like someone just broken all my fingers and punched me in the face repeatedly and then let me play it on a PC.
    Good God, this is the perfect response!

If I could give you an award, I would.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GonePostal
    W0rd brother. I absolutely hate using the damn 2 joysticks and like different sized, shaped, and colored buttons.... it's all about WASD and a mouse!
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 11-09-2004 at 10:20 AM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    W0rd brother. I absolutely hate using the damn 2 joysticks and like different sized, shaped, and colored buttons.... it's all about WASD and a mouse!
    Yep.

But I'm one of the few who doesn't like WASD. It contours wrongly to my hand.

I use S-SHIFT-Z-X - the orientationof the keys is better for my hand. I'm so much cooler than any of you, anyway.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Aha! We always knew you were of a different orientation, Gyno.

I wannabebig!
    /pwned

My roommate and I got it last night after a 4 hour wait. We were up til 5:30 this morning playing. I'm loving the storyline so far, and dual wielding is teh pwn. The energy sword is just about the coolest thing ever.