Thread: gaining weight / loose skin appearance

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

gaining weight / loose skin appearance

Hey all,

I just started taking weight gain seriously about 3 months ago. Since then I've put on roughly ten pounds and definitely noticed a difference in muscle mass (thanks in a huge part to this forum).

Here's my problem. While I AM gaining muscle mass, I can also tell that I'm gaining fat. My skin looks loose and fatty around my pecs and stomach (it was tight before, although I was very skinny). In general I feel like I look good, but this issue really bothers me.

Right now I do heavy lifting 3 times a week with no cardio (I was under the impression that cardio would inhibit heavy weight gain). Would cardio help tighten my skin up? Is there a way to gain a lot and still look tight and fit while gaining?

Thanks a lot for any help, you guys have been great.

Greg.

You can start adding cardio, which may slow muscle gain somewhat; or, you can continue bulking and then cut later. Either one should work.

Banned
    lets see some pics. maybe your paranoid!

if all u gained was 10lbs, i wouldnt be worried at all. iv put on 20lbs in 3 months and the belly is the only small worry
    Last edited by BlingMeter; 11-09-2004 at 03:10 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Cool, thanks guys. I can't post any pics due to lack of equipment, but I'll try adding some cardio and see how that works. Already this week I've been running about 30 min a day and I feel like I can see a bit of a difference although it's a bit early to tell. Thanks again!