Thread: Overdid a cheat day and survived

Overdid a cheat day and survived

I recently tightened up my diet a lot-- eliminating all bread products, all dairy, etc. And I was doing fine with just chicken, tuna, broccoli, cauliflower, etc., but the temptation started getting to me. So, on Saturday, I gave myself a cheat day. I ate a Whopper and small fries for lunch, and a 10 oz NY strip for dinner.
    Now, I think that was overdoing it. On Monday, I was up 2lbs. But now, two days later, I'm back down and I assume still dropping.
    So my question is this:
    How much harm is done to your diet if you really cave and give yourself the things you crave, even though they're really sh***y foods (i.e. fast food)?

One day a week? None.

There's actually studies that show that the day after a binge eating fest your body burns twice as many calories because it's expecting that same input the next day.

There's also alot of studies around carb loading days and even a low protien day once a week.

Throw all this info together and once a week, on Sudays, I let my self eat ANYTHING I want and as much as I want. I've already bought the big yogurt container and the bag of Cheetos, oh, and I always get 1/2 dozen dounuts!!!!

Mind you the longer you are on a diet the healthier your cheat days become. Guarenteed Eating just what I listed I'll come close to getting sick where as when I started dieting I could eat 4 bags of chips, MacDonalds (which just turns my stomach now), a couple of Dairy Queen Blizzards, and a couple of liter of pop no trouble.

(pop.... hum... I haven't had pop in 2 years. Maybe this cheat day..... maybe??????)

bulking again
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeper
    There's actually studies that show that the day after a binge eating fest your body burns twice as many calories because it's expecting that same input the next day.
    that's true the 5-10% of the calories u consume get burned just from the digestion process alone.. protein being the nutrient that takes the most energy to digest and fat being the easiest to digest.. i also heard drinking cold water burns calories (not many tho) b/c it takes energy to heat up the water but that all might be a crock of sh1t.. no science behind the water thing but i beleive the food thing is true..

You call that a cheat?
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

And no, I wouldn't worry about your cheat day.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinF
    You call that a cheat?

lol!!

I wannabebig!
    for me thats like before the crack of dawn
    Last edited by ryuage; 11-10-2004 at 09:39 AM.

I find that after eating a good sized steak, I will always weigh a bit more the next day. I have a feeling it just longer for my body to digest beef. It seems to only happen with beef.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Quote Originally Posted by BMMack
    I recently tightened up my diet a lot-- eliminating all bread products, all dairy, etc. And I was doing fine with just chicken, tuna, broccoli, cauliflower, etc., but the temptation started getting to me. So, on Saturday, I gave myself a cheat day. I ate a Whopper and small fries for lunch, and a 10 oz NY strip for dinner.
    Now, I think that was overdoing it. On Monday, I was up 2lbs. But now, two days later, I'm back down and I assume still dropping.
    check on day 3 and day 4.
    For myself it takes 3 days for the food to turn into weight (discovered this after much diet tracking)

Banned
    I only wish I could eat that little on a cheat day

Don't sweat it at all bro.

Wannabebig Member
    Back in Aug I had a cheat week. Went camping down in the OBX. Didn't watch my diet that much. Ate steak, crab, potatoes even had s'mores every night.

Got back home and got on the scale..

Lost 5 lbs.

Go fig.
    Second place is the first loser.

My cheat day usually starts with a box of honeycomb. A whole box. Then I think about lunch and dinner. Of course, I'm not doing any of that anymore. Honeycomb is bad. Bad. Bad. I just need to keep telling myself that.
    Last edited by Shark; 11-10-2004 at 12:13 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Russow
    My cheat day usually starts with a box of honeycomb. A whole box. Then I think about lunch and dinner. Of course, I'm not doing any of that anymore. Honeycomb is bad. Bad. Bad. I just need to keep telling myself that.
    Its the same with me and Golden Grahms..
    Second place is the first loser.

Banned
    I know people that bulk eating boxes of cereal daily...a real cheat consists of the basics: pizza, baked goods, and beer.

Nah, for me it's beef. Lots of it. Flour tortillas. Oh, and tons of guacamole.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    Nah, for me it's beef. Lots of it. Flour tortillas. Oh, and tons of guacamole.
    mmmmmmm Mexican food *rushes off to Taco Bell*

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    mmmmmmm Mexican food *rushes off to Taco Bell*
    thats not mexican food.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    thats not mexican food.
    close enough

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMMack
    So my question is this:
    How much harm is done to your diet if you really cave and give yourself the things you crave, even though they're really sh***y foods (i.e. fast food)?
    Looks to me like you underdid that cheat day. No high GI carbs, no 5000 cal meals at a fast food joint, no baked goods (pies ), not even a bowl of icecream. For shame... tuttut

I wannabebig!
    i know 2 occasions when on vacation where i ate like crap for a month like the end of the world was coming

god do cheat days feel good sometimes! chessecake, pizza oh my
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I wannabebig!
    i dont even really crave the food... its just something to do in a sense when out and about... probably end up eating like crap this weekend even though Im telling myself im not... and I usually crave clean foods like oatmeal and chicken haha..

exactly i rarely have them but when i do i kinda go crazy i'm with ya on craving the clen foods i live by it but a cheesecake wouldn't be that bad hahaha!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I wannabebig!
    i think i do it more for the fact of they are considered "forbidden" more then actually craving the food =\ lol...