Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drug-Free and squatting 1003 by Chris Mason - November

Drug-Free and squatting 1003 by Chris Mason - November

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

I wannabebig!
    hey if that's what got his squat up there... then heck it's my new routine

hehe

Absolutely unbelieveable. I can't.... wow. Very inspiring. What genes does he have? Bull? Rhino?
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Wow thats crazy I cant even do that much pounds on the Squat.

Gotta keep training.

Wannabebig Member
    his squat routine is great. i can do it all but the 2 sets of 405. i can do one set thats it.

Wannabebig Member
    1003 squat drug free? Even at 330lb BW? Sorry guys but this is B.S. You are giving people false hopes. A drug free, triple bw squat at a lighter weight might be more feasible, but not at 330.

I wannabebig!
    why is that?

:withstupi
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    why is that?
    Chris is known for giving everyone false hope. (sarcasm) just in case you don't pick up on it. Come on know one said everyone could do this, I know an 18 y/o kid that looks great, and is strong and hardly lifts.
    Last edited by bill; 12-16-2004 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquatBenchDead
    1003 squat drug free? Even at 330lb BW? Sorry guys but this is B.S. You are giving people false hopes. A drug free, triple bw squat at a lighter weight might be more feasible, but not at 330.

How am I giving false hope?

The man has done the lift. I feel he is an honest man and he claims to be drug free.

Please explain yourself.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    These are the records for the two most heavily equipped federations amateur divisions out there. Now your telling me he can squat 1003 with a belt and crappy knee wraps AND drug free. Please.....who's kidding who?

You can check yourself on the wpc and pi site. Remember, both of these fed's(even the amateur division) allow three plys in the squat(ipa probably more)2.5m TP5000
    knee wraps and canvas suits. Also, for the guy who squatted 1014, it doesn't specify his actual weight, only that it is over 308. He could be 400lbs.

IPA Ameture SHW Open Record
    Squat 875 Lou D'Ambrosio 11/16/2003

AAPF records

140 KG CLASS

Squat 373.5kg (823lbs) VAUGHN

140+KG CLASS

Squat 460kg(1014lbs) AICHES

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SquatBenchDead
    These are the records for the two most heavily equipped federations amateur divisions out there. Now your telling me he can squat 1003 with a belt and crappy knee wraps AND drug free. Please.....who's kidding who?

You can check yourself on the wpc and pi site. Remember, both of these fed's(even the amateur division) allow three plys in the squat(ipa probably more)2.5m TP5000
    knee wraps and canvas suits. Also, for the guy who squatted 1014, it doesn't specify his actual weight, only that it is over 308. He could be 400lbs.

IPA Ameture SHW Open Record
    Squat 875 Lou D'Ambrosio 11/16/2003

AAPF records

140 KG CLASS

Squat 373.5kg (823lbs) VAUGHN

140+KG CLASS

Squat 460kg(1014lbs) AICHES
    It was supposed to read "You can check yourself on the wpc and ipa site."

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    IF anything the squatter is just being dishonest. I hightly doubt chris mason is trying to give anyone false hope.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar
    I believe the man and I believe the article. People on this site are idiots about a lot of sh-t. Ya'll get gassed up when you read something thinking it's a lie simply because you haven't seen it. I know a cop who can bench 800 pounds drug free. I know a kid who has never touched anything except whey protein and creatine who weighs 160 pounds benches 335. I know a kid who never lifts weights (just does pushups and crunches) and eats like sh-t that is fairly good sized and ripped to shreds. A lot of people on here would say that's all bullsh-t. But I know it's true.

Sometimes there are phenomenal people who can pull off unparalleled feats. That doesn't mean everyone can. I know I'll never squat 1000 pounds, but I'll keep increasing weight and trying to move up as long as I am able.

I believe the dude did it until I am proven wrong. And I KNOW Chris Mason is not trying to give anyone false hope. I've been posting here for long enough to know the dude isn't trying to pump up anyones head.

So chill with the assumptions and talk about it without making accusations.

Ya'll get gassed up when you read something thinking it's a lie simply because you haven't seen it.
    Aint that the truth.

Chris is not misleading anyone with his article, he is only stating what he knows and understands to be the truth.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah, just like the Olympics is "drug tested".

I don't think Chris is trying to blow any smoke. I have been around some huge lifters. Some drug free and some not. +1000lb squatters, +800 benchers and +900 deadlifters(These are all equipped lifts mind you). These particular guys were not drug free(and admitted it).

This guy could not possibly have squatted 1000lbs drug free with just a belt. Maybe drug free with equipment, but I highly doubt that.

As for the 800lb benching cop. Do you think cops don't take steroids?

Come on now................

I'm not trying to flame or push buttons. This is just not realistic, and I don't want any of the younger crowd to set unattainable goals. Just like these BBers out there. Kids think that they can get a body like that naturally.

Again, not trying to piss anybody off.

May all of us get strong together........naturally

bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar
    no problem...

i probably took a lot out on you with that post, but there are a lot of people here that really almost seem jealous to the point of denial. I am skeptical about a lot of stuff but I've also seen some people do some crazy stuff too. And I tend to believe people until i have a reason not to. since i've been posting here chris has never been one to mislead.

peace

Wannabebig Member
    Old post

Is this Possible ?

Competitive Powerlifters, Strongmen pls explain sir,

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian205 View Post
    Old post

Is this Possible ?

thanks
    Possible?

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/18259

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy. " - Mark Rippetoe

My 5/3/1 journal

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Oh lawd. And here we go! Inb4 the lock.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Inb4 lock as well. I wanted to tell that squatbenchdead kid to go suck an egg though, then realized it was from 04 and someone just revived it. damn
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by SplitQuick View Post
    I'm just gonna say, you posted Big Rob, people are gonna start flaming the shit outta his form and depth now. So many internet judges.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Probably not on this site.

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Probably not on this site.
    True...just used to the youtube bs and some other non named sites around here. It's usually pretty dang good around here.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

He is a big man. Works his ass off. Squats a freakish acomplishment that just about everyone on this post has only dreamed about. If the man says he is clean why question it. You don't have to be on the darkside to be a freak. Love all the back seat quarterbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian205 View Post
    Old post

Is this Possible ?

thanks
    Very possible, I'm drug free and I've squatted 1005 and my best to date is 1030. I've also done 1000 in boss briefs with a single ply suit.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life