Thread: Extract from Arnie routine - Help with names!

Extract from Arnie routine - Help with names!

this is an extract from one of Arnold Schwarz's. Tricep routines

Triceps:
    Close-grip bench presses (for the all three heads) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    Pushdowns (exterior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    Barbell French presses (interior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    One-arm dumbbell triceps extensions (exterior head) - 6 sets, 6-10 reps

Whats a pushdown, and Barbell French Press (is it like a skull crush?)
    My Journal!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

"I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Guru of All
    Pushdowns are done on cables, connect a bar or rope to a high cable, grab bar, push down. Keep your elbows at your sides. Typical grip is o/hand but can be done u/hand too.

Barbell French press I guess is like a skull-crusher - only sitting instead of lying down. Starting position is with the bar directly overhead, lower toward the back of your head until your wrists are below your elbows (keep your elbows in the whole time) and then press back up.

Man, that sounds like ALOT of work on the triceps!! Ouch!
    Stats: 5'8", 142lbs, 11.1%bf (or so the machine says)
    Bench: 1RM=175lbs

"In dog years, I'm dead" - my T-shirt

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they AREN'T out to get you"

That's complete overkill. Unless you're doing the same supplementation as your hero, you'd be best off to pick one exercise and do two or three sets of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott S
    That's complete overkill. Unless you're doing the same supplementation as your hero, you'd be best off to pick one exercise and do two or three sets of it.
    Yeh was planning to do all of them, with 4 sets, one as warm up or negatives.

Thanks for replies, i have done those described above before ,just didnt know the names.
    Ciao
    My Journal!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

"I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by Scott S
    I've been doing a routine similar to this and have been making awesome gains, with no supplements except for a solid diet and some protein powder when I need it.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205