The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Goals

Wannabebig Member

Goals

Well, I have finally reached one of my goals in my routine - I have gotten up to 185*6 for incline, and 85 pound dumbells for 6 times on regular bench. I have reached my goal of Pullups (Body Weight + 35 pounds) *7 and on military press 155*6. My routine is as follows:
    Mon - Back
    Pullups
    Deadlift
    High Row
    Low Row
    Pulldowns

Tues- Chest
    Incline
    Flat bench
    Cable flies

Wed - off

Thurs - Legs
    Squats
    Quad machine
    the machine where u sit down and push the weight up and down. - forgot the name.

Fri - off

Sat - Shoulders and bis
    Military press
    shrugs
    the exercise where you take two dumbells and with a 30 degree angle in ur arms (extended) bring them up to shoulder level.

Sun - off or start Back again (depends how I feel).

Ok, I have reached several key goals in my lifts - I have been working out since the start of the summer (keep in mind this is strict, I have been doing this routine for years but on and off)- I was 170, now I am 183. My diet is for bulking. I have finished my routine for the week (for the most part) and I KNOW that when I go back, I will not be able to add more weight - for I feel as though I have plateaued. I feel like I should be changing things up, and I was looknig for some good ideas. Second, can someone sum this article up for me, I would like a routine that is very diverse (such as this one) I'm just not sure where to start, or if this has been beneficial for anyone on these boards. Avant Labs I found this link in someone's profile and I could not understand it
    Last edited by jcny19x; 11-13-2004 at 01:51 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Oh I just found the forum response by Geoff about it!, Is this more for football player types? Im confused...

On a side note, I now look like I'm pregnant and exhausted...I have just eaten the following from my dining hall; Cheeseburger with bun, 2 (approx) cups of corn, little more than two cups of sliced potatoes, tuna fish salad wrap with lettuce, tomato on whole wheat, 2 cups of milk, 4 cups of water, a little bit more than a burgers worth of pepper steak, several pieces of brocolli and a Fro-yo ice cream cone to top it all off , good bye six pack hello bulk
    Last edited by jcny19x; 11-13-2004 at 06:27 PM.

you ate that all in one sitting?
    My Journal

My Pictures and Stats

From Boondock Saints
    Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter! Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

You dont work your triceps?
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey66
    You dont work your triceps?
    Oh yea, I am incorporating 2 sets of tris into my chest routine - close grip bench and either shoulders-in-dips or pushdowns...mostly indirect tri work though..

If you have questions about any of my sets, or diet, etc...I'll be happy to share.
    Last edited by jcny19x; 11-14-2004 at 10:26 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyman
    you ate that all in one sitting?
    Yes! I was really proud...my body responded well to it - I had crazy energy last night and I finally felt full, although i did go to a sorority pancake breakfast two hours later, and lets not get into that heheh...

Wannabebig Member
    Ok since noone is posting any replies to anything regarding my first post, I have another question for all you hardcore body builders and weight gainers. For two years, I have put on 30 pounds of muscle (I believe its mostly muscle) and I ahve gone from being 6'2'' 150 to 180 pounds. I have a small frame, and the weight is starting to get really heavy on my joints - when I keep moving up in weights. I have been doing this same version of the workout posted for almost 4 yaers now. What the heck can I do to start adding more muscle, and leave my goals in the dust. I am basically alone on this college campus for most of my friends resort to drinking or smoking or playing poker instead of doing the things I feel are important to me like bodybuilding. I have been reading these boards for a long time now, and I just want some suggestions from some smart people on what to do. I would like to find out what is best for me from people who are in my situation - I hope this is not more like a rant but it does feel like im hitting a plateau and I dont think I can stuff my face with all this food anymore. Ok enough back to eating
    Anyways, I also just need some support from people who think the same way I do. All I have gotten my whole life is how bodybuilding isnt meant for me (tall, skinny, small frame, long muscles) and I'm trying to prove people (includnig my family) wrong without resorting to AAS or testosterone enhancers.

P.S. Plz don't take this response the wrong way, I am just looking for some positive criticism. Thanks.
    Last edited by jcny19x; 11-14-2004 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcny19x
    What the heck can I do to start adding more muscle, and leave my goals in the dust. I have been reading these boards for a long time now, and I just want some suggestions from some smart people on what to do.
    What exactly are you asking? Do you want a new routine, diet or what?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doobs
    What exactly are you asking? Do you want a new routine, diet or what?
    "I feel like I should be changing things up, and I was looknig for some good ideas. Second, can someone sum this article up for me, I would like a routine that is very diverse (such as this one) I'm just not sure where to start, or if this has been beneficial for anyone on these boards. Avant Labs I found this link in someone's profile and I could not understand it"