Thread: lol.... weight loss patch!

lol.... weight loss patch!

hahaha I ran across this..... I remember someone posting about obesity in the United states and how eventually we will create a magic diet pill. well you were wrong they have made a diet patch! http://mydietpatches.com/

gotta love the disclaimer
    You only pay a small shipping fee of $2.95 for your free 1 week trial of the Amazing Diet Patch. The Amazing Diet Patch Weight Loss System consists of healthy dieting and exercise. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Well than It isn't that amazing is it?
    My Journal

My Pictures and Stats

From Boondock Saints
    Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter! Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

Milk, Milk, Milk JeffWillConquer's Avatar
    Wait, are you trying to say that healthy dieting and excersize will make me lose weight? And all this time I thought it was cheetos. *buys diet patch*
    Growing
    Height: 5'11

I dont get it, I could get any person in the world under 10% in 3months.

I lost 19kgs in 4weeks last summer, all I did was eating less, thats it, thats all, I didnt lose one gram of muscle, not one gram.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

people are looking for a magic pill that lets them do nothing eat everything and look good......
    My Journal

My Pictures and Stats

From Boondock Saints
    Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter! Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

Lots of money to be made for sellers of snake oil. Not much seems to have changed in the last 100 years ..

This is what it says at the top of the page:
    Makes ... diet ... obsolete

This is at the bottom:
    The Amazing Diet Patch Weight Loss System consists of healthy dieting and exercise.

Last edited by txterry; 11-14-2004 at 12:14 PM.
    Its all about the journey

My Journal
    Cottage Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Rock

I lost 19kgs in 4weeks last summer, all I did was eating less, thats it, thats all, I didnt lose one gram of muscle, not one gram.
    You lost 42lbs in 4 weeks? That hardly sounds healthy!

And I doubt you can get ANYONE under 10% in 3 months. Given certain genetic predispositions I'm sure there are some peope that it is just unattainable.
    Last edited by JSully; 11-14-2004 at 02:50 PM.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

nope, just eat less, thats all
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

I'm with Little Jake on that one. But I do think that MOST people will be able to lose a significant amount of weight if they do some work/exercise/eat better (if not less).

LMAO I saw this on tv and laughed then as I'm laughing now. What crap. It's the equivalent of taping a piece of cloth on my arm and dieting and doing cardio for 3 months, then saying, "Wow, this patch really worked!"
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    LMAO I saw this on tv and laughed then as I'm laughing now. What crap. It's the equivalent of taping a piece of cloth on my arm and dieting and doing cardio for 3 months, then saying, "Wow, this patch really worked!"
    You should do that. THEN, sell the peice of cloth for $19.99. Big money baby!!!
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

i was really hoping for a pill lol, but a weight loss patch sounds even better. What is the technology behind this patch lol. I can't wait to see people with a patch on each arm, one for smoking the other one for dieting, while smoking and eating mcdonalds.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    i was really hoping for a pill lol, but a weight loss patch sounds even better. What is the technology behind this patch lol. I can't wait to see people with a patch on each arm, one for smoking the other one for dieting, while smoking and eating mcdonalds.
    ROFL
    My Journal

My Pictures and Stats

From Boondock Saints

Yeah, with the package saying that the fact it was on me during my weightloss would help them lose weight with a tiny, tiny print on the bottom saying," This product is useless without strenuous exercise and excellent dieting." Nobody reads that anyway. So many idiots, so few brains.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Idiot - Brain = easy money
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

I'm going to make an IQ patch, it makes you smarter by shocking you when you see a patch for dieting.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock

how do you know you didn't lose 1 gram? I find it highly unlikely that by simply reducing calories and assumably doing plenty of cardio that you could lose 10+ pounds per week and no muscle.

RichLockyer
    You dummies.... This patch works great.

It's applied orally

Quote Originally Posted by Y2A
    Idiot - Brain = easy money

:withstupi Yep. You sir will become rich with that thinking. Ever think of a partnership?..........

My Exploits