Thread: Stomach pain when doing squats

Stomach pain when doing squats

It seems like everytime I go for a 1-2 rep max on squats i get a sharp pain in my stomach.... sometimes it's in the lower left and sometimes it's in the lower right, always above the hip bone... As long as I drop the weight it is only a temporary pain, but if I continue with the rep it usally sticks around for 1-2 weeks.... This occurs regardless of the use of a belt or not.... Could this be due to form or a week core maybe? I ONLY experience this on squats and nothin else. But like I said If I complete the set I feel it when doing crunches, tricep pull downs, DL, any squat weight, etc.... Any ideas? Maybe I have a hernia waiting to happen?
    Last edited by ozzyman; 11-14-2004 at 04:43 AM.
    My Journal

My Pictures and Stats

From Boondock Saints
    Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter! Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

Are you sure you aren't already herniated? Just because you don't have a protrusion doesn't mean you don't have torn muscle/lining tissues.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

I'm not sure.... It hasnt hurt all for the last few weeks at all except when I was doing my one rep max squat I had to set the weight down..... and after that it didnt hurt at all.... I guess I'll go into the doc this week..... free health care so I might as well......
    My Journal

My Pictures and Stats

From Boondock Saints
    Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter! Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

The One
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyman
    I'm not sure.... It hasnt hurt all for the last few weeks at all except when I was doing my one rep max squat I had to set the weight down..... and after that it didnt hurt at all.... I guess I'll go into the doc this week..... free health care so I might as well......
    yay to free health care...

Wannabebig Member
    Attemping a diagnosis from here is not at all responsible. There are more than 5 possible causes that come to my mind right now for the pain you are describing and hernia is not the most probable. Get some medical attention as soon as you can