The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Is there any way I can gain muscle and lose fat?? My lifts are going up every week..b

Im sure this has been covered before, but I cant find anything on the search. Here is my situation:

I am 17 and have been lifting for about 4 months (bulking). I have been eating mostly clean and getting the proper calories. I am not happy with my size gains although my strength gains have gone up a good deal. In the 4 months I have been lifting I have went from 145 to 170 (6 pounds in the last 2 weeks w/ creatine). But I have put on alot, I mean alot of bodyfat. It is to the point where I want to start cutting, but I dont have much mass as it is. I dont want to lose more muscle. My lifts are all going up still every workout, but I dont really see the size increses. ANd it's not like it is under all the fat, because all the fat seems to be on my stomach. I had abs at 140, but now they are gone.

There has to be a way I can still gain muscle while losing fat. I know most people bulk and cut sepratley, but since my lifts are going up still, could I pull it off. If it is impossible, than I will cut I guess, I cant live with all this fat on my waist.

Maybe If I still use the creatine while cutting, I will be able to shed some fat?

What im getting at is im sure I will be able to keep my strength gains up while "cutting" so if my lifts are increasing dont the muscles have no choice but to grow?

Anyone have any experience or scientific evidence that will help me with this, I am really getting discouraged.

Please help, thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Why don't you just start to cut back cals slowly? Like 300-500 cals per day to start. Do you know how many cals you've been eating for the last 4 months??
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

237g protien, 320g of carbs, 105g fat (give or take a few)

Thats alot of cals per day isn't it?

Im a newbie and in not sure how may cals I would need if I start cutting, but wouldnt that take me less than a week to get to the maintance level that I would use to cut? Sorry for my newbieness.

Are you saying if I do it that way I will still be able to gain (or at the very least retain) muscle?

Thanks for the reply

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    You'd be more likely to preserve your muscle if you cut cals slowly. If you start to make drastic cuts, you are likely to lose muscle. It is very unlikely to gain muscle while dropping fat. Figure out what is more important for you now. If you are definitely fatter now than you want to be, you should definitely check your diet.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

I was thinking about getting a fat burner too. I know this should be on the supps board, but can I take a fat burner and creatine at the same time? Im not trying to make up for a lousey diet or anything, but I want to get rid of some fat quickley, so I can get back to adding muscle.

The second time around I will clean up my diet so I wont be in such a predicament.

I think that you can't do it but you can get an impression that you have done it..
    That's because of toning up.
    Last edited by Wizard; 11-09-2001 at 03:04 AM.

Ok, i can't be arsed to read all this thread [lazy? yes i know] but if the topic is building muscle while losing fat then i believe you can do it. it's not easy, but i reckon i have definately put muscle on since i started dieting.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Chigs,you say that you have put on muscle while loosing fat weight?(not bodyfat)Because the fact that you've reduced bf doesn't mean the same thing.

Oh really?!

"Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

You smartass!

:evillaugh

<---- it is isn't it...