The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Full Body Blast or Specialized Workouts

I have only been working out a few weeks (again) and have seen incredible gains already. I am taking Creatine Serum (I know how everyone feels about this from previous posts)and Myoplex Mass and have put on 5 lbs. I am actually going to start Creatine Monohydrate in place of the Serum on Non Workout days.

Here is my question...
    Is it best, when trying to build Mass, to do a Full Body Blast 3 - 4 times/week or have a more specialized workout (ie Mon - Arms & Chest, Wed - Legs and Back, etc...)???

Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You should not work your full body out 3-4 times in one week. your body needs rest. you should have a specialized workout routine.

It is better to train specific muscle groups each day instead of full body. You might not notice the bad effects of it now, but eventually it will catch up with you.

You have read the opinions on creatine serum, but have you read where they stem from? Simply put, creatine is not stable in liquid.

Give the WBB routine a try; it can be found at: http://www.wannabebig.com

Specialized workout defiantley the way to go. full body blast = full body tired/overworked/pain/negative results/injury..

right.

what the guys so far have said.

the only reason you should have for doing full-body workouts is if you are an absolute beginner, and/or you plan on doing it 2 times a week at most.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Canadian
    i've had good results using fullbody workouts. during school i'm only able to go to the gym 1-2 times per week, so a fullbody workout is perfect. i've made some good gains using it too.
    "Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp

I have an old friend who was also a workout partner. For the past year this 6'1 220 lbs (around 10% bodyfat) guy trains the whole body when he trains. He says there are no rules and is an example because he does maybe 1 to 2 exercises per bodypart and then he is out of the gym. Also he hates to workout 2 days in a row.

3:16
    hoads - you would have gained weight without the creatine in any form. You would gain on a poor diet at the moment as well.

terray - 6 foot one and 220 pounds would probably be bigger though if he trained one body part a week though. so he would like be 230 pounds instead.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Yes Body I know,

He wants the body but does not want to do the work, that is why he condense the workouts. I tell him the same thing. He is out to prove others wrong and plans to get to 240lbs by 4th of July 2002.

So, none of you have read Keys to Progress?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig Member
    when i was livin in austin, there was this cock-diesel black dude who did chest/back/legs on mon/wed/fri and emphasized a different part on each day [ ex. mon started with back, wed started with legs,etc..]and told me he never went anywhere near failure. he was like 5'6" and had to be at least 215 lean lbs. he was rockin 275 on the bench like it was paper weight. so i guess it depends on your bodys chemistry and your genetic predisposition to training

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Absolutely nothing wrong with a good full body blast for beginner or advanced. I know are good friend Paul will supply us with one if we ask nicely.

Please Pauly
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

Canadian
    Originally posted by D-13
    ...and emphasized a different part on each day...
    thats exactly what i do. each time i do a workout i do a different body part first. this way each bodypart gets hit hard.

eg one day i may do

dips x3
    chins x3
    deadlifts x3
    and then maybe a few assistance exercises for the body part i did first (chest on this day)

the next workout i might do this

squat
    dips
    chins
    and then maybe a few assistance exercises for the body part i did first (legs on this day)

for me this works great. with my schedule sometimes i miss workouts due work and school and am not able to train that frequently. if i did some sort of split my workouts would be spaced too far apart.
    Last edited by mds_79; 11-10-2001 at 09:58 PM.
    "Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp

Simple.

What are the 6 movements that essentially work every muscle you have?

Squat
    SLDL
    OH press
    Bench press
    Vertical pull (chin, pulldown)
    Horizontal pull (row)

Add calf, grip, and ab work as you see fit. Other ancillary stuff if you have time (curls, etc.)

Reps/sets as you like.

Depending on the set/rep scheme and how you train, repeat 2 or 3 times a week.

Add weight every workout, get big.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Bigger fewl
    Delphi I would say:

Squat
    Dip
    Powerclean
    Row

Hits everything.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow!

Carpe diem

Milk.... it does the body good.

Listen to Paul.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Personally...I think fully body workouts take too much energy and take away from the overall intensity of the workout.