Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any mechanics around? Thinking about buying a camaro

RichLockyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Is is less than you spend on food in a week? If so, buy it, otherwise, forget it.

There's no reason to get a 16 year old camaro when much newer ones can be had pretty cheap.
    :withstupi
    Likewise... older ones aren't that much more than newer ones if you're willing to do some work. I'd love to get back into a '69.

With any used car, mods are worth what YOU think they're worth. A set of 20" spinners would be worth a negative amount to me, because I'd have to spend $1200 replacing them with something decent. If it's a mod that you would have done, then it has value. If not, it's worthless. Dealers don't take mods into account on trade-in. This is a 16 year old car with 120k on it.

Of course... my Tundra is 2 years old with 95k on it
    Attached Images Attached Images

68! I never liked those gill looking vents ;/ nice truck, btw

Yeah, I love the 69's from the muscle car era.

I am also partial to the looks of the early 80's Z28s. Very streamlined but also some of that old muscular look of the previous eras.

'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

RichLockyer
    Quote Originally Posted by savdout209
    68! I never liked those gill looking vents ;/ nice truck, btw
    Thanks!

The vents can be filled (and mine were)... I liked the body crease contour on the '69 better than the previous (interesting that the Tundra has a similar difference in contour when compared to an '03 or older F150). The deeper inset grille was also a nice touch... I love that contour just inside the opening.
    If I still smoked, I'd want a '67 so I'd have the vent windows
    Last edited by RichLockyer; 11-17-2004 at 07:20 PM.

gran sport

Banned
    THey are right its and old car so unless the suspenion is up to date that could be a problem. A juiced up car usually means its been beat on so u can look for wear marks, a new engine, tranny , tires etc.. but i beleive the parts are cheap and they are nice cars. For 3000$ id ask for a garantee and make him sign a contract...... so did ya get it or what?

blingbling: nah, i said screw it. my sisters bf is going to let me borrow his car for awhile and help me find something decent..i guess hes got some connects that can get me something dependable and perty for cheap

Banned
    get yourself a 94/95 thunderbird s/c 230hp and 330ftlb torq. u can find those anywhere from 2500-4000$ nice cars

or get a 92-93 tbird 5.0 cheap to go fast and dont relaly have any probs unless the motor has h igh miles on it like 120k+

its not all about the go-fast..i just saw that car by chance and ive always liked the body style. i also like the way it looks on those rims..gangsta! im gonna hold out and see if i cant find another one in better shape. one that i can actually have looked over by a mech before i spend on it. had i won that auction i wouldve had to put up a $500 non-refundable deposit. so if i hit sac town and the car was stripped on blocks i'd still be out 500. ;(

oh, and **** a thunderbird!

One of my favorite Camaros is the 3rd gen Iroc. I'd love to have a 87-88 black Iroc with a few thousand miles. My uncle collects classics and has some really nice camaros. He did have 1 3rd a red 87 iroc with a few hundred miles on it.

Banned
    hey dont diss the thunderbird. well race one day. u can say byby to a 331 stroker FORD!!!! :evillaugh

Quote Originally Posted by BlingMeter
    hey dont diss the thunderbird. well race one day. u can say byby to a 331 stroker FORD!!!! :evillaugh
    230hp isn't going to be enough if you're talking about a 93+ Z. Z has more CI as well.

RichLockyer
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    230hp isn't going to be enough if you're talking about a 93+ Z. Z has more CI as well.
    LOL! My Tundra has 235hp with a 4.7... basically a 283. The '05 Tundra has VVTi, which bumps it to closer to 280hp (plus a 5spd auto).
    5500 redline, but with a 107 speed limiter. I've had mine to 100 and the front end gets REALLY light.

Banned
    stock for stock of course.

dont they have the 5.7L in those? god how easy it is to make those camaros and trans am fly.....

i get horny every time i see the 2002 Trans am w6 all in black with the exhaust sound that makes u pee ur pants. its scary when its behind you when ur driving. i wanna pull over and bow down

if only insruance was lower on those. then id get one
    Last edited by BlingMeter; 11-17-2004 at 10:49 PM.

stock for stock of course.

dont they have the 5.7L in those? god how easy it is to make those camaros and trans am fly.....

i get horny every time i see the 2002 Trans am w6 all in black with the exhaust sound that makes u pee ur pants. its scary when its behind you when ur driving. i wanna pull over and bow down

if only insruance was lower on those. then id get one
    Nice pics there love that trans am. They all have the 350 in them 5.7l. Those cars are pure fun to drive, especially when the engine gets to breathe like it should-they sound great with a borla. It sucks they weren't selling worth a **** and had to be killed.

Banned
    how could they not sell? thats what 320hp of american muscle with decent mpg!

how could they not sell? thats what 320hp of american muscle with decent mpg!
    Mustangs out sold Firebird, trans am and camaro combined. You see all types of people in mustangs from 16yr old girls or guys to 40yr old women. You don't see a 16yr old girl driving a Z28. The camaro was just for enthusiasts I guess, and they aren't very many out there anymore.

Banned
    IMO the only mustang worth buying would be the blown 4.6. Stupid 3 version mustangs... THe trans am will be back and so will the camaro, and spank ass all over the SVT cobra which is no longer made HAHAHAHAHAHA

Lol, the memories you brought back when you said T-bird. One of my friends had an 80s t-bird, and he's a robotics student and had a hydraulic lift at his home garage for working on that car. Every year I'd see him and ask what the horse power was at now. Last I checked it was getting close to 800hp, but it needed a hood, and the engine was only running off a laptop.

He used to take it to the track every now and then. I remember going camping and when he came, we could here this rumbling sound like thunder, and about 5 minutes later it was deafening when he finally got to the site!
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Banned
    haha sweet. does he or u have pics id like to see it.