Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimbo Slice Video

Banned

Kimbo Slice Video

http://www.muchosucko.com/video-bareknucklebrawl.html

This is another Kimbo Slice video, it's pretty long and the middle part is pretty boring with their "teams" running in and out of the ring stopping the fight.

I remember when Gannon came on some fighter forums saying he wanted to fight Kimbo and everyone was giving him crap. Its good to see he followed through.

that was an awesome clip. They both look like they got pretty messed up.

that was a good fight, the guy with more technique and skill won. Hehe, i figured i'd bring this up again. I though Gannon handled himself very well, unlike kimbo who seemed to get agitated half way through. Good fight.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

God I hate kimbo.

why

Good fight? If you like watching winded heavy weights aimlessly throwing punches.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Wannabebig Member
    the fight could have gone either way up until the point kimbo was cornered....

kimbo did very well considering the experience gannon has (5 times golden glove champ/mixed martial artist) ...

That's a pretty good fight for heavy weights. But it's a poor excuse for street fighting. No doubt both guys can kick some ass. But wtf was with Kimbo's guys shouting "no knees!"? I've never seen rules in a street fight.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

They agreed to a no knees, no chokes, no groundwork fight

Quote Originally Posted by savdout209
    i think all those rules went out the door at some point in the fight, both had chokes, Kimbo did a bit of groundwork, and a knee from gannon.
    Last edited by RussianRocket; 11-17-2004 at 03:40 PM.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    It was a cool fight, Gannon got away with the two choke holds and the knees. I'm sure Kimbo will recover from this and do some more fights.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Quote Originally Posted by savdout209
    Yes I know. But then it's not a real street fight is it?

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

i wouldn't put this fight inot a street fight category at all, more like boxing wihtout gloves and timeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    i wouldn't put this fight inot a street fight category at all, more like boxing wihtout gloves and timeouts.
    Agreed

My Journal

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Here's some pics I found on Sherdog.com

http://www.cpalmquist.com/gannon/images
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

I wish I were as smart as those guys

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    Yes I know. But then it's not a real street fight is it?

if it was a real street fight they wouldnt be indoors....

Quote Originally Posted by BCC
    Good fight? If you like watching winded heavy weights aimlessly throwing punches.
    What did you expect? I mean when it comes to bare knuckle fighting, squaring off like boxers is stupid and pointless.

The majority of "street" fights look like this. They aren't pretty to watch.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Coming from a boxer.. wow. Kimbo certainly did better than I expected him to. I might write that off to his conditioning, though.. he did all of the right things, but Gannon just seemed to avoid every haymaker. Crazy. Gannon got busted up pretty bad, but he looked in control, even without the headlocks.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

I can't believe he lost... sucks for the jailbait.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Footballer
    I don't care if Kimbo was down at the end, that wasn't because of him being knocked out he was just ****ing dead tired. Kimbo straight ****ed that dude I read some wear that he had to go to emergency and he was in the hospital a bit.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

Who cares if Gannon had more damage, Kimbo still lost. That's what counts.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by BigRic
    I don't care if Kimbo was down at the end, that wasn't because of him being knocked out he was just ****ing dead tired. Kimbo straight ****ed that dude I read some wear that he had to go to emergency and he was in the hospital a bit.
    What? So Arturo Gatti is a bad fighter? If he wins, he's the better fighter.

Gannon is carrying far more fat than Kimbo, so what's Kimbo's excuse for exhaustion? Gannon beat him, plain and simple- around the first "big" takedown, where he caught Kimbo with 4-5 straight jabs, it was clearly over.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

what matters in a "street fight" is who walks away. Although this doesnt really classify as a street fight, Gannon took his liks and was the best man. I think its better to be standing than laying on the floor. After watching this video i dont think Kimbo would be much of a challange to a professional boxer.