The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Six pack - Please!

Hello people!

I have read a lot of good articles on developing a six pack, not least of all on this site, but also on many others, such as http://www.makemuscle.net

The thing is I still don't have a six pack. I'm lean, not much fat down there at all. And the rest of my muscles seem fine, but no six pack. Any advise on getting a bit of shape down there would be gratefully appreciatted.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What's lean to you? If you're sub-10% you should be seeing some stomach definition. If you're lean and you can't see the abs then I would suggest some weighted ab work.

Unless you are anatomically incorrect, you have abs. So you are simply not lean enough. Quite often guys will be lean around the shoulders and arms yet still have copious amounts of fat on the legs and mid-section. You just gotta keep going with the diet.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ready for take-off
    Whats your diet look like. That plays a major role in deffinition.

The Big Wang
    eh.. just do some weighted ab workouts for a couple of weeks.. then come back and post..

if ur lean.. just a lil bit of ab workout will do it for ya
    Weight: 175
    Height: 5'11"
    Max Bench: 300 pounds
    Six pack: Yes

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=55173
    ^^Tis I.

Wannabebig New Member

Six Pack??

Hi guys,

Lots of good advise there - thanks. I'll keep on dieting and maybe up the weight that I use on my abs.

I do have a bit of a feeling that maybe genetically I'm a bit poor around the abs - but I'll keep on training and hopefully surprise myself

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    Quite often guys will be lean around the shoulders and arms yet still have copious amounts of fat on the... mid-section.
    Have you been peeping in my shower again?
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

yes
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    yes
    Tryska isnt at my house anymore, go away
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Wannabebig New Member

Six Pack!!!

Hi,

Good advise as I said earlier. One other question though. Are abdominal crunches recommended over sit-ups for definition? I have heard conflicting opinions.

Cheers again!

You can do crunches, or weighted situps (hold a plate to your chest while doing them), or cable crunches (go on your knees by the cable machine, hold the cable behind your head, and curl head to knees). These are all good exercises for your abs. Also, straight leg raises are a good one. Just go into a dipping station, rest on your elbows so your feet are dangling, keep em straight and then raise them up in the air to at least 90 degrees.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Wannabebig New Member

Six Pack!

Thanks guys. Will go away and grow some abs now