The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

I put FOUR plates on it and deadlifted it!

First of all, I'd like to thank WBB for all the info and inspiration.
    I'd like to thank all the posters here for information and inspiration again, someday I'll catch up to all y'all!

I love you all!!!

I hit a one rep of 225 twice, after doing sets of 45, 135, 135, 185, 185 to warm up! I did the one rep, knew I couldn't do another one so I put it down so I wouldn't over strain myself, but I was PUMPED!!

WOOOOOOO!!!
    I love you all!!!

I got back to my room here in a res and almost cried!
    THANK YOU!!!!

*Sniff*

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Well done. Now you must hit 230 next week.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 11-22-2004 at 06:39 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington
    Well done. Now you must hit 230 next week.
    And if you don't hit 230, 225 will have been pointless. Not to discourage you or anything though
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Actually, the last time I did deads was like two weeks previous.
    One week's rest will be great.

Including the fact that one guy in TO made an internet challenge to me for 3 3minute K-1 rounds. So no weights for a bit, just bag work. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Actually, the last time I did deads was like two weeks previous.
    One week's rest will be great.

Including the fact that one guy in TO made an internet challenge to me for 3 3minute K-1 rounds. So no weights for a bit, just bag work. Haha.
    Onoz~ an intarweb challinge!!!1!1 You must be so scared irl omg wtf lol!

That's tough. I did one 4 minute round, then a 2 then a 1 and then I was bagged. I can imgaine how tough that'll be.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Hehe getfit you must have tried to write in all caps.

That's tough. I did one 4 minute round, then a 2 then a 1 and then I was bagged. I can imgaine how tough that'll be.
    Hmmm, maybe. It's all about learning to relax and don't be tense. I actually do fairly long bagwork sessions and I've trained in stand up fighting styles previous.

Remember, stand up striking endurance does not equal grappling endurance.
    At least you should have the 'harder' one, grappling,

Congrats That's Impressive Way To Go!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Congrats! im looking forward to 8 plates

I wasn't saying one was harder than the other either way. I was simply saying that it must be challenging. That's because I have the conditioning of an 80 year old female. No offense to 80 year old females.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

8 plates will be coming soon!

I wasn't saying one was harder than the other either way. I was simply saying that it must be challenging. That's because I have the conditioning of an 80 year old female. No offense to 80 year old females.
    WELL I AM! I can get very......'involved' when discussing MA, sorry. Hahhaha!
    Loved the anology.

Edit: I should also say, at the end I was just deadlifting the bar for blood flow, and on my last rep I had planned for the bar only, I dropped it on my knee again, tore a chunk of skin off the knee. That'll slow down my bag work with kneeing a bit. Hah.

AGAIN!

Also, my recently dislocated shoulder seemed to be fine for the deads this session.
    Last edited by PizDoff; 11-22-2004 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    8 plates will be coming soon!

WELL I AM! I can get very......'involved' when discussing MA, sorry. Hahhaha!
    Loved the anology.

Edit: I should also say, at the end I was just deadlifting the bar for blood flow, and on my last rep I had planned for the bar only, I dropped it on my knee again, tore a chunk of skin off the knee. That'll slow down my bag work with kneeing a bit. Hah.

AGAIN!

Also, my recently dislocated shoulder seemed to be fine for the deads this session.
    Congrats on the 225 man.

Did you tear a chunk of skin off or just get a cut? They used to have us super glue cuts shut on places like the knee or elbow sometimes. Just a thought.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Congrats man! Now it's time to work up to 4 plates per side!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

225kg!

DAMB!!

225 lbs dude....

anyways, good job man, keep it going!
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

I wannabebig!
    congrats!

Nice work.

225Ibs=cool one
    200 pounds 6 foot 3 is this the best no no neh, i want to be 6,3 oh yes that is true, in fact i am so what am i troublin about. The only thing is I wanna be 240 pounds just like arnold is in pumping iron, now in this modern day and age this is achievable, without no gear? certainly sir, but ultimately however hard i true old arnie in his prime will be better than me and that hurts, but will I be better than over 99% of the male british population? you got it! which is consolation ill admit, but consolation for who pudzain , ill tell ya, consolation for the slaker. Pudzian your a slaker.

As great as it is to set PRs on the bench and squat, NOTHING can top a PR deadlift. Something about pulling up more weight than you ever have an deads is the greatest!

Woah! When I saw the "FOUR plates" title, I thought you were gonna post four plates per side!!!
    :o

I did my first "three plates" deadlift last week, but it cheated because I don't have six total 45lb plates in my garage, so I used four 45lb plates, two 35lbs plates, and two 10s.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Haha, as long as it adds up!

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    Congrats on the 225 man.

Did you tear a chunk of skin off or just get a cut? They used to have us super glue cuts shut on places like the knee or elbow sometimes. Just a thought.
    Always great to receive advice from the older posters.
    I better superglue my hands for grip on the bar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    Onoz~ an intarweb challinge!!!1!1 You must be so scared irl omg wtf lol!
    Nah he's smaller.

crap, I thought you meant 4 plates on each side!

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I thought so too...
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

4pps is doable by just about anyone above about 170lbs if they train for a few years, so keep working on it!