The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Just trying to learn

Can you be to young to bulk and cut?

All my life people have said not to worry about lifting until you are about 18. Something about stunting your growth. But I've been lifting and I'm gonna try to bulk and then cut. I'm 16 years old, 6', 160 pounds, if that stuff matters. Am I to young to bulk and cut?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

nope
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

whats with all that bullshit out there about tendons going wrong when you lift and then grow in height?

There's a stereotype I know,which advices that when you're in growth you should focus more on machines and not on free weights.I dunno...

Wannabebig Member
    If you are young and are cutting with a diet below maintainance, wouldn't that be bad for someone who is still growing?

I think there is a time when someone is too young to train, but you have long surprassed that age. If you are old enough to train you are defineately old enough to put on some weight.

Just trying to learn
    Thanx guys. Thats about exactly what i wanted to hear.

Cutting, I think, would be the hardest part during the growing years. I'm pretty sure your the same way as I was in this regard, in the fact that some weeks you eat like.. well, everything in sight. You don't add any fat on the body, you just grow a few more inches in height. The problem with this, and cutting, is the fact that if you ignore the hunger (as cutting would suggest), then you might end up eating a **** load less calories below your BMR then you are planning for. That, I believe, could be the problem with cutting during those years. Don't see the danger with bulking though.. Maybe someone else can think or something, or poke a hole or two in my theory.

B.
    LaLa

Wannabebig Member
    If you still have a fast metabolism like I do, it can be hard as hell to eat enough to gain weight, especially during school. It can be done, just not easily for some people. Others don't have that quick a metabolism and can bulk a lot easier. I happen to be able to cut fairly quick jus not bulk up easily.

Edit: By cuttin I jus watch waht I eat slightly more and toss in more cardio.
    Last edited by teen1216; 11-10-2001 at 06:42 PM.

Just trying to learn
    That's about the same situation as me teen. I have trouble getting enough calories when I'm at school. And it's hard to tell what I'm eating, so I don't know where the calories are comin from.

Bigger fewl
    Bulking is always good for you. Cutting can be bad for you while you're growing, so don't overdo it.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow!

Carpe diem

Milk.... it does the body good.

How can it be bad for you?

Some Dude
    you should definately start lifting and trying to gain, as a teenager your pituatary gland is going nuts and will actually help you gain quicker than an adult.
    "Intensity for Density!"

Originally posted by heathj
    How can it be bad for you?
    When you're a teenager you're in growth.If you don't have the adequate amount of calories in order to support the growth you will simply not grow...