The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Bone

Wannabebig New Member

Bone

Do your bones really can support so much of muscle weights? Are there limits? How do you know you have bulk enough so that you don't get bone loss/damage in future?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

this is not positive fact, but something i think i remember from health class in the 6th grade, which was taught by a guy with a chest the size of dinner plates that was a former champion lifter..i think he said that a bone such as your lower arm can withstand 1600 pounds of pressure applied evenly..the way i remember it being explinaed is that if your arm was laying down, and the weight was perfectly lain on in an even way, it's supposed to be dense enough to stand up to that kind of weight..im sure it would thrash the skin and tissue though..but i guess the bone is supposed to be able to take it..thinking back, that sounds feasible i guess though..people get their leg run over by a car all the time and it doesn't break..but i've also seen dudes break and arm in those hardcore arm-wrestiling matches..sounds so NASTY when it snaps!

but again, this is just from memory of a health class 14 years ago, which i probably didn't do all-that-well in

I think Arm wrestling breaks bones b/c your torqueing it with your forearm which is long. ITs kinda like if you try to put a dumbell on a table, and put a twig under it and try to lift it up.

why would you be using your bones to do weights when doing bodybuilding the idea is to stimulate muscle growth not use your bones to do the work

i didn't know you could loose bones by lifting weights

RichLockyer
    Weightlifting will not only add to your lean muscle mass, but it will also increase your bone mass, and as we age, prevent depletion of bone.

This is especially important for women.

Bones are no different from any other part of our body. They are a tissue... living and growing. Use it or lose it. The body does not "like" to keep unused tissue around, and if it is not needed, will break it down to conserve energy.

Wannabebig Member

Bones

Hi,

One thing to remember is that muscles grow far quicker than bones thicken. So even if your muscles progress to the point were they can move a certain amount of weight, the bones take a much longer period of time to adapt and become more dense.

The key then is to push yourself, but also to be careful. Especialy with exercises such as squats and deadlifts.

I hope that this helps

mmuscle
    Last edited by JustinF; 11-27-2004 at 07:17 AM.

I take calcium citrate to play it safe................