The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't know about anyone else, but unless I'm eating 6 double whopper's per day, it takes some planning to eat 300+ g protein. So I wouldn't even be worried about taking too much in. Just take in 1-1.5g/lb protein.

I personally have taken in as much as 400g protein before and felt fine. I drink plenty of water and my piss is always clear, so obviously my kidney's are working fine. I currently take in about 300g protein, and that's on paper. I gotta plan meals out to hit that high. I wouldn't worry about takin in too much protein. As I said, 1-1.5g/lb protein is fine.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJake
    I personally have taken in as much as 400g protein before and felt fine. I drink plenty of water and my piss is always clear, so obviously my kidney's are working fine.
    It's all about concentration. The body doesn't care about x number of grams. All the biochemistry in the body is based off of concentrations. As long as you maintain a healthy concentration of protein, be it by taking in 50 grams or 400, you will be fine. It's when that concentration goes way up that you start to have problems.

but all these guys who just take 1g/lb bodyweight, how much weight do you gain a week? i'm taking about 320g protein a day, and on a good week i can gain about 3lbs, some weeks though i can gain nothing maintaining the same diet
    magik

Quote Originally Posted by diego
    but all these guys who just take 1g/lb bodyweight, how much weight do you gain a week? i'm taking about 320g protein a day, and on a good week i can gain about 3lbs, some weeks though i can gain nothing maintaining the same diet
    I think overall calories will have much more to do with weight gain than protein intake levels.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth