Thread: What did I just do

Wannabebig Member

What did I just do

My stats

Weight: 168lbs
    Height: 5'11"
    Bf%: 15%
    Experience: About 2.5 years

Ok I started my bulk today after a 6 month cut from 20% bf to 15%. I never really logged my meals I pretty much ate every few hours, lots of protein and complex carbs, no sugar. Last week I logged my meals and found I was extremely low on caloric intake...like under 2000. So today I started my 'clean' bulk which consited of quaker oats, turkey omlette, chicken/brown rice, brocoli, etc. By 3:00 pm I was only at 1300 calories I have always made sure I ate about an hour before the gym so I hurried to a subway for a 6" club on wheat w/double meat. This should have put me around 2000 before the workout. Went to the gym and felt badass. Best workout Ive had in months. Usually my post workout shake is some muscle milk (love this stuff) but its only about 300 calories. Not enough. So here is the fun part. I stole some of my friends weight gain 5000 he bought from GNC. This crap has 1800 calories, 320g carbs, only 50g protein, and 100g of sugar Downed that and about an hour later had a couple chicken breasts. Opinions on what I just did welcome. FYI my goal is to bulk for only 6-8 weeks.
    Last edited by Fast_Z; 11-29-2004 at 08:39 PM.

Banned
    What are you even asking? As far as my opinion goes, if you were my friend and you stole from me I'd probably punch you in the face. Also, "I hurried to a subway for a 6" club on wheat w/double meat", isn't exactly an optimum bulking meal. I don't have the nutritional information on Subway subs, but if I recall correctly their club is fairly low cal, and the fact you only got a 6 inch... that pretty much is your problem right there. I couldn't ever imagine eating a 6 inch sub at Subway, when I go I usually order 2 subs and eat at least 1.5 if not both of them in a sitting. Onto more constructive comments. If your goal is to bulk your caloric intake is ridiculously low. The fact you were eating 2000cals/day over the week before you began eating clean indicates you're going to have a hell of a time (read: impossible) doing a clean bulk. I'd reconsider the foods you're using to bulk, because if you are incapable to take in a respectable amount of calories, you will fail to gain weight.

LOL dirt..i don't use supplements yet, but since they seem to contain gold dust at their price, i probably would have punched him too..

dude..EAT..check out the bulking programs on here..EAT the right foods, and lots of them..one thing i know how to do is get FAT..but i guess that's not technically bulking..cause i could definitely tell you how to get FAT, and it wouldn't involve going to the gym, or even moving for hours at a time, or even breathing very often..what a lazy man i am

I wannabebig!
    stealing is bad mmkay tuttut

Wannabebig Member
    Damn, ok maybe steal wasnt the best word. He pretty much gave it to me when our lease was up. He doesnt lift anyway...he's like 5'5" 115 lbs wet. Second, he stole a lot of my chicken.

Dirt. We all get busy at work. Four out of five days at work my eating is priority but some things are out of my control. Wouldnt you agree that eating SOMETHING especially before hitting the gym is better than nothing. No way could I eat a foot long 30 minutes before ...I would get sick. On top of that....lo cal subs are with no dressing, cheese, etc. Im sure that 6" I got was around 500. Not great but certainly better than nothing.

I guess I will have to train myself to eat as much as I need to. I am so used to eating 5-6 300 calorie meals its hard to stomach the 700-800 ones. Yes, I have read all the sticky's. I;ve been trolling this board for quite some time now. I know Im not the only that noticed its not exactly easy to hit 4000 calories a day (cleanly).

The Prophet (Early Stages) Draven_Fenix's Avatar
    Isn't 100g sugar high even for a bulking diet?
    If it feels good, I'll do it.

Music is the essence of life

I am no one, no one is right, there for I am right.

Do that voodoo that he do
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven_Fenix
    Isn't 100g sugar high even for a bulking diet?
    It's not ideal, but if one needs the calories one will get them where one can. Post-workout would be the best time.

A lot of bulking post-workout shakes are 100+g of carbs.

I'd personally split it into a pre and post-workout shake.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

you sure you don't want help getting FAT? cause i could definitley be an expert there..

I fail to see a point to the thread.

Beside saying you stole something then going back on your post.