Thread: Making time for meals???

Wannabebig New Member

Making time for meals???

hi everybody, ive been reading a lot of the posts on this website for quite sometime now and Im going to be starting up my own routine sometime here shortly. The problem im having is that im still in high school, which makes it difficult to eat 4-6 meals a day. I can eat breakfast before school no sweat, but the school i go to does not allow us to bring snacks or lunches from our homes, so I miss out on my meals during the day. Ive tried to find food at school that would be sufficient until i get home but its very difficult to do seeing as how Im trying to be on a KCD type diet. I could fit all my calories into 4 meals if need be, but I would like to shoot for 5 or 6. Any help? and please keep in mind that my school has NO tolerance for foods or drinks being brought from home. Thanks.

I wannabebig!
    i dont know what kinda school doesnt allow one to bring food to school, or even how they would know unless they go through your bags everyday... but if that is the case make the best decision possible with the foods available to you

chew it
    i have a hard time believing you because there is no way they can stop you its called pockets
    get huge or die trying
    15 years old
    weight 199-204

I would sue a school that compromised my health by not letting me eat my own food for lunch and instead the absolute ****e that most schools serve.
    You must be able to bring in food someway say you have a special condition or something
    The 3 H's

Huge Eating
    Hard Training
    Heavy Sleeping

Wannabebig New Member
    Well I go a to school for bad kids :P It's a school for kids who have been kicked out of alternative schools so we aren't allowed to carry backpacks. I have considered waiting until Im out but that isn't until the end of this school year. There isn't any way i could eat only at home or something like that? I would try to carry something to school in my pocket but I dont want to get into any more trouble. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Teh_Man; 11-29-2004 at 01:17 PM. Reason: i forgot some words :S

Banned
    Start behaving and maybe they will let you back into a good kids school. Problem solved.

Wannabebig New Member
    well any advise until i get out? or am i gonna have to come up with something on my own? :S

chew it
    shove tuna in a platic bag down ur pants
    get huge or die trying
    15 years old
    weight 199-204

Banned
    The advice is not to be stupid. You're in that type of school for a reason, most likely for breaking rules. My advice is not to break the rules. Eat 4 meals instead of 6. If 2 meals are the difference between you keeping you in school and off the streets I'd think it's in your best interest to forget those 2 meals.

Banned
    agreed

AMEN!

Stay cool..you'll get there!
    Keep it up! One day someone smaller than you will be in the gym!!
    It is then, that you'll feel accomlishment.

mmm... discipline
    *sigh* okay foos. Stop telling the guy what he already knows.

Teh_Man, at school just eat the best you can. Nothing else can be done. As for before and after school, get one big meal in before, and two/three after. Personally, I concentrate on getting three big meals per day, with snacks whenever I can fit them in. Not the best, but better than too few calories.

Always have whole grains and meat around. Period. Make a grocery list for your parents, or go shopping yourself if you have to. If you've checked around the site, which I'm sure you have, then you know the kinds of things to eat.

To make things easy, I cook enough brown rice and lentils to last me four days. Then I also stock up on oatmeal, WHOLE wheat bread, and assorted meats.

Oh, and nice work. It's tough having the discipline to start something like this.

Now go!
    Last edited by Spartan936; 11-29-2004 at 09:31 PM.