The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Question about hydrogenated oils....

So I noticed on these Nitrotech Carb-Control bars I got that they contain "partially hydrogenated palm oil," but it also clearly says that it has no trans fat. Is the hydrogenated oil still bad for you if it doesn't contain trans fat?

Also, I saw on Met-Rx MRP's that they contain partially hydrogenated coconut oil. Should I stay away from this?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Hydrogenated oil is trans fat, technically, a product is concisdered trans fat free if it contains less then 0.5 grams. their is trace amounts in the nitro tech bar. In my opinion you should stay away from anything partially, or fully hydrogenated.

less than 0.5g of transfats are not going to be a problem. the term partially hydrogenated oil scares the hell out of me, but if is says it has no trans fats (<.5g) then it's no big deal. now don't ask me what i think about muslce tech products, cuz that's a whole nother story. go for the bars though if the fat was teh only thing holding you back.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PiKappaWRX
    less than 0.5g of transfats are not going to be a problem. the term partially hydrogenated oil scares the hell out of me, but if is says it has no trans fats (<.5g) then it's no big deal. now don't ask me what i think about muslce tech products, cuz that's a whole nother story. go for the bars though if the fat was teh only thing holding you back.
    I totally disagree - trans fatty acids, even in small amounts, can cause irreparable cellular damage and increase your chances for a variety of ailments, including heart disease. They should be 100% avoided.

to each his own then

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiro
    Hydrogenated oil is trans fat,.
    It depends on what definition of trans fat you use the technical definition is the chemical shift from a cis to trans formation of the double bond so wouuld not be hydrogenated.
    Hydrogenated fats are still **** though.
    The 3 H's

Huge Eating
    Hard Training
    Heavy Sleeping

:withstupi
    "The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." -John Ruskin 1819-1900

"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not
    become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into
    you." - Nietzche