The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

using squat suit to deadlift?

is using my squat suit to deadlift also even worth it, or should i just wear a singlet when i deadlift in my next meet?
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If your lifting on a budget, you can get away with it. My training partner deadlifts in his Inzer Hardcore. He gets 70-80 lbs, at least, out of the thing.

I haven't heard of many guys getting THAT much from their suits on deads, but it can help if you lift sumo. You deadlift after the squat, so you'll already have the suit on...it won't hurt you, so no point struggling to get it off then putting on a singlet for no reason. Or that's how I see it. It may help a bit so why not just leave it on.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    What kind of meets you going to El where you can where your squat suit to bench?? Or do you just do squat/pull meets?

I pull sumo in my squat suit. The only DL suit I ever really felt a carryover from was the Metal DL for conventional, but only maybe 20 lbs. I get more from the squat suit in my sumo since it supports my hips in my wide stance.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

Wannabebig Member

canvas suit

I get a huge assist from my Inzer canvas suit when I tighten up the straps and wear the suit backwards. The groove takes some time to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers
    What kind of meets you going to El where you can where your squat suit to bench?? Or do you just do squat/pull meets?
    It's this little known organization called the IPF. There is no rule to remove your suit for bench. In fact I believe the rule is you either must be wearing a singlet, or have a suit on, so most people just leave the suit on. Almost every bench vid I've seen from 3 lift meets show guys either wearing singlets or suits. So what meets are you going to latty?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    is using my squat suit to deadlift also even worth it, or should i just wear a singlet when i deadlift in my next meet?
    always used my supersuit to deadlift, when i was in high school. no need in workouts. everybody does it now in michigan high school meets
    For some, Kryptonite doesn't exist......

Pledge allegiance to the Nation of Pump!!
    November 2007 Stats
    255 lbs
    320 Bench
    525 Squat
    550 Dead lift

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    EL- you have to wear a singlet in the meets I go to. I've only noticed maybe 1 preson wearing their squat suit on the bench and I just figured they didn't know any better or own a singlet. Maybe it gives them better leg drive.

PS- APF owns the IPF, lol.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

STFU bitch!

I'm guessing it's just laziness. Most guys unless they actually have a deadlift suit, will deadlift in their squat suit. I know I'd hate taking off a squat suit, and then after 6 lifts have to put it back on again. It might even be next to impossible with legs pumped a bit. I don't think it hinders the bench though, so no biggie either way.

Current FFFA Enforcer

last time i was in a meet, i didnt have a singlet, so i had to wear my suit all day. by the time i was done i had purple rings around my legs. even if i have to take the suit off and put a singlet on only to bench, ill do it.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.

journal

I pull conventional in a titan dual quad (squat suit). I never got to try a dead suit but this one probly helps 15+lbs
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

benching in a squat suit

It's this little known organization called the IPF. There is no rule to remove your suit for bench. In fact I believe the rule is you either must be wearing a singlet, or have a suit on, so most people just leave the suit on. Almost every bench vid I've seen from 3 lift meets show guys either wearing singlets or suits. So what meets are you going to latty?
    ??? NO. That just doesn't make sense. Poly squat suits, if properly fitted, are very uncomfortable. I know no one who would want to leave their squat suits on for hours until they have to deadlift, let alone try to bench press w. it on WITH A BENCH SHIRT! Please show us ONE video w. someone wearing a squat suit.
    Last edited by Sensei; 12-04-2004 at 10:55 AM. Reason: quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    ??? NO. That just doesn't make sense. Poly squat suits, if properly fitted, are very uncomfortable. I know no one who would want to leave their squat suits on for hours until they have to deadlift

thats what im saying. i will gladly take the time to put a singlet on for bp and put my suit back on for dl... thanks for all the info so far guys
    Rock Quotes:

journal