The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    heh, you sound exactly like that little voice in my head, and you're completely right. diet yesterday was flawless. I got my bike tube and fixed my bike up. Tomorrow I start riding. I was going to wait until monday but everyday helps. My problem is motivation, I know it's everyones problem but for me, if I dont have a goal I'm useless, and not in the sense of I want to reach a certain weight, while thats a goal, its not strong enough sadly. Now though, I am focusing because on July4th is a giant game/picnic with people I grew up with who only see me as a fat ass because that's all I used to be. I have just over 2 months and some days to drop it. It's odd, it'll be the first time since 3rd grade that I wont be overweight. how sad is that? I have mauy Thai tonight...
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

150 jumping jacks
    30 min of shadowboxing

This was done last thursday. so today is the start of refocusing. I have my fridge stocked and today after work i'm going to get a tube for my tire and get the bike together. I'm also going to trial run it to my work so I can see if the dangerous spots on my route hurt or not .

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

today, scouted the trip to work for my bike, 2.5 miles there, 2.5 miles back.

took 16 min there and 15 min back. not so out of shape musclewise however my lungs were burning

tomorrow morning will be the start, its a little dangerous but i need the extra calorie burnage

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

so last week i did about 10 miles on the bike. nothing special, i had 2 finals and 3 midterms last week so exercise didnt own all. now i only have 3 classes left for my degree. PLUS the classes are fairly easy so i can concentrate again on building.

gym yesterday,

Chest:
    db bench: 3 - 55x8, 75x8, 85x6

assisted dips: 3 - 8,8,7

ez bb - 3 - 45x8, 55x8, 75x5

db curl - 2 - 25lbs x8, x4

machine curl - 3 - 1/4 stackx8, 3/4 stackx6, stackx4

My bi's were my pride and joy for a long time and they're the ones that have been set aside the longest so it was very depressing losing so much strength. I'm incredibly worried about losing everything especially when i read on here everyones progress. so i'm trying to get back, i need to drop 10% bf by july 4, highly unlikely but its a goal. it feels good to be sore again and i find waking up in the mornings and overall energy is always higher when i lift. tomorrow is legs and shoulders.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

ok, so i've noticed that my journal sucks ass. and instead of bitching about how i'm going to do better, i'll just show it by the posts that will be coming in.

Oh and current supplements I'm taking:
    1.5g green tea extract
    megamen mutli vit
    creatine
    833mg ephedra
    fish oils
    protein powder

I worked out on monday and was going to do back and shoulders but after deadlifting, i just left it at back.

Deadlifts - 135x8, 185x8, 225x6, 270x6, 315x4

lat pull down - 1/4stackx8, 1/2 stackx8, 1/2stack+4x8

cable row - 1/4stackx8, 1/4+4x8, 1/4+6x5

I'd glad after 3 weeks i could still do my max in DL but i'm paying for it now. I just discovered the joys of ETS so hopefully i'll get it soon *hint hint atlarge * and recover faster. I get really really sore with squats and DLs and it takes about a week to recover. thats not good enough for me. Everything hurts the last 2 days with unbelievable pain, almost full body too. I know i went too hard but I needed the kick in the butt.

My diet went to hell yesterday. it was Shashi's birthday and we went to the Melting Pot. It's a fondue place...yea...a good 2000 cals i probably brought in in the space of 3 hours. not good for a cut.

My split that i feel pretty strong about is here:

Mon - Back
    Tues - HIIT
    Weds - Chest/Arms
    Thurs - HIIT
    Fri - Legs/Shoulders

i think thats everything. Abs will be done probably on cardio days.

thats it for now. chest/arms tonight will update later

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

so apparently I'm trying some new cardio thing, I had to wear a mask and check my absolute threshold the exact heart rate I'll have that i can still burn fat. its at 153, however I'm way out of shape, I'm burning 1 fat calorie for every 11 cals i burn. by the end of this program (runs 6 weeks) i should be at about 4 for every 12 and then in 12 weeks it'll be the good 50/50 carb/fat burn. this program is interesting and easy its 60 min where every 2 min the incline increased, every 10 min it drops back down then climbs again.

I did it yesterday and enjoyed it but 60 min is a little boring. my hr ranged from 108-153. the program is twice a week and one day on your own. we get a little chart and ****. I'm going to do it 3-4 times a week and 2 days strength training.

I think I'm going to do the following

Mon - chest, arms, shoulders - 60 min cardio program
    tues - 60 min cardio
    thurs - 60 min cardio
    sat - DL/back 60 min slow fatburn cardio

i paid money for this program and hopefully it'll get me on the right track but since i forked out money i'm also thinking it'll help me show up

we'll see

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

So yesterday was test day, they measure your time to do 3 miles at your peak of your AT. I did it in 53:43 min. The suck ass part was the ephedra choked up my shin from min 10-30. But at about 35 min the ephedra kicked in and i was moving like a beast. I'll be taking the test on week 6 and seeing what it will be then. At min40 I wanted to haul ass but couldnt because of my AT which is at 153 right now. I found out how bad of shape I am in.

They also timed how much my HR dropped in 1 min. It only dropped 12 beats...that is bad...

Tomorrow I'll be DL'ing before hand, that should prove an interesting cardio after I can barely move but I dont want to lose strength in this hard cut. I'm also increasing my cal intake from 2700 to 3000 for a bit more energy. my maintain is at 3400 so I'm still slightly short but it's cool.

As of monday I was 250. As of today, taking into account dropped water weight and not including the drop I'm at 247.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

good to see some posts, keep up the good work!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

I wannabebig!
    I used to be there at one point in time then I dropped my 4 mile to 24 minutes.... now I probably could barely hit that seeing as how I havent ran in awhile.

yea, since the o2 training only lasts 6 weeks, I dont think it's possible to get my body to burn fat like its supposed to in 6 weeks, the trainer said 12-16, that seems more reasonable. he also said it depends on how often i go. well I plan on going 4 times a week, we'll see how that works out. Tonight is session 3, I think its either interval or strength.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

tonight was strength training. I'm finding my ephedra doesnt kick in until the 40 min marker so I need to take it earlier for sure. Each session is 60 min so wth I could use it. My shins get cramped really bad for the first half and sometimes my calves do too. Tonight was strength so it worked something like this
    Time - Incline - Speed
    3 min - 2 - 2.3
    5 min - 2 - 2.5
    7 min - 5 - 2.6
    9 - 6 - 2.8
    11 - 7 - 3.0
    13 - 8 - 3.1
    15 - 9 - 3.0
    repeat all that 4 times
    then 5 min cool down.
    Total time - 60 min

bare in mind I have to keep my heartrate between 138.5-153. All in all it was good, thursday is next. Would go tomorrow, but I have to work on the new jeep. gotta make it decent.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

put some bigass tires on it...that is SOOOO not D.C.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

hahah i am. jacking it up, but it wont just be for looks, I'll be mud bogging i have friends that have huge acreage I'm going to shank. also, gotta look cool when i show up your way for the upper gully in september

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedwombat
    On a side note, I have officially starting dating a Paki woman...
    Please tell me that this is a misprint.!?***??????
    You also referred to some guy at your gym as a "Cracker"...

*picturing Crazedwombat as one of those guys who drives around in his car with the Confederate flag in the rear windshield.*
    Last edited by largelegsbuthot; 06-01-2005 at 05:07 PM.

hahah NOOOOOO not a misprint but DEF not a redneck. if i was a redneck I'd probably not be dating a paki girl. I say paki because she doesnt get offended when I say it so I assume it's safe. I was a redneck in 8th grade when my sis was dating one. Since then I've stayed straight. I guess I'm more outdoorsy by day and nerd by night...other than that i dont fit into a group.

i call every race a cracker if they irk me. i figure since black people have their word i thought, hmmm why not use the word whitey's have. plus i think black people hate being called a cracker by a whitey more than the n word from a whitey, but since its not officially offensive i can get away with it without drinking blood.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    Oh, in that case, don't forget Honkey or Hillbilly-Boy or Mungacaker.
    okay crazed-honkey?

heheh aight cracker...mungacaker?? havent heard that one *adds to ebonics database*

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    yes, a very important entry; pronounced "mun-ja-caker". The g really sounds like a j, if your gonna do it, do it right. hahaha; right...get it?

Banned
    I was a redneck in 8th grade when my sis was dating one. Since then I've stayed straight.
    Yeah, as we all know all rednecks are gay.
    Was it hard to make the trasition from men to women...crazed-honky?

i'm bout 2 hours from the upper gauley by interstate. that is the most sick-ass river i've ever laid eyes on. you're nuts..nay..."crazed," if you raft or kayak on it.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    i'm bout 2 hours from the upper gauley by interstate. that is the most sick-ass river i've ever laid eyes on. you're nuts..nay..."crazed," if you raft or kayak on it.
    I believe he also baths in it too.

bath? pish pah bathing is for unmanlymen i dance in the rain with pineapples in each hand and hope that does it. now THAT is manly.

hey, rednecks ARE gay, they um...regress their homosexuality through shooting small animals, wearing costumes that look like trees and hide their balding phallus shaped heads under a serious bend in their hats...thats just SCREAMING "i'm gay...poke me".

60 min cardio last night, feeling a lot better, going to go again today with the 'homework' workout he gave us...going to step it up a bit plus throwing down chest and arms today as well. I love fridays and getting out of work early.

mrel - you should have seen me last year, we went the day hurricane ivan hit that was insane. our first guide backed out because she was afraid so we got some hardcore guy to do it. he was cool. the river limit is 4500 cps (cubic feet second), the river was running at 5400 cps. that was a wild ride. several class 5's were a class 6, i mean i was watching boats flip and the entire CREW caught air, not just one or two. I paddled for my life and man the rush was intense. where the 2 rivers meet, you could see one river literally stop the other river and you could see the line where it connected. it was cool and as soon as we hit it the speed just picked up. at lunch our guide was chain smoking and didnt eat at all. he was stressed. and then he looked at me all odd when I said i hoped it got worse and started to rain. then he said...no... heh cant wait for this year.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    A hog-pog of indoor lifting and outdoor madness, good job crazed-honky.
    I can relate to that as I like to jog and hike.
    Post your daily meals....even if it's pretty sketchy.
    Sometimes you must be critized harshly to fully understand the ills of your ways.

just got back from the gym, the cardio was hard on me because I lifted first.

my meals though during the week mon-fri its normally

8am - fish oil, megamen vitamins, green tea extract, 2 packets of oatmeal and a applecranberry (220cal) drink that is my sugar to start the day.

10am - ham and cheese sandwich, maybe a beef jerky strip

12pm - 1 gatorade 20oz, ham and cheese sandwich

2pm - ham and cheese sandwich

4-6 pm depending on when i eat its kinda a scrap meal but sometimes its my personally made shake

1 cup Ice
    2 scoops nitrean protein (chocolate)
    1/2 cup milk 2%
    2 tbsp of java mocha for flavoring, its 80 cals for 2 tbsp

weekends are my refills but i dont go horrible except for one meal usually ends up being pizza

ok todays workout:

DB BP: 55x8, 65x8, 75x8, 85x4

Cable flys: 1/4 stackx8, 1/4stack+3x8, 1/2 stackx5

Deadlift: 135x8, 185x8, 225x8, 275x5, 315x2

Then it was an easy cardio day. since my AT is 153, I burn more fat cals in zone 2 so it went

All incline 2
    5 min warmup HR 108-115
    10 min walk HR 120-125
    20 min walk HR 125-133
    10 min walk HR 120-125
    5 min cooldown

I'm noticing I'm getting trimmer and 60 min of cardio gets boring quick, well the easy one anyways, besides that I'm trying to get myself lifting before hand which is hard because DLing then walking for 60 is rough on the lower back. but there s no point to leaning up if I have no muscle underneath by losing it all. So I'm going to stick to the basics of lifting while concentrating on cardio.

So, Bench, Deadlifting, Pullups, tris and bis.

Once I drop maybe 5% bf i'll start working abs more but at 18% I'm ugh

Oh btw I started 2 weeks ago at 250 and beginning of last week I was at 247 and today I weight at 246. my goal I guess is just to drop BF but I wouldnt mind getting to 225/230. I was 225 when I started lifting but I put on a lot of LBM quickly from my newbie gains and shot to 243 and then last fall I made it to 260. I want to be between 220-235. or I can weight 260 with 9% bf
    Last edited by crazedwombat; 06-05-2005 at 07:02 AM.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Oh btw I started 2 weeks ago at 250 and beginning of last week I was at 147 and today I weight at 146.
    You lost 103 lbs. in two weeks? erk?

Nice lifting, f00. How's Wombie hanging? lol.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles