The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedwombat

my meals though during the week mon-fri its normally
    8am - fish oil, megamen vitamins, green tea extract, 2 packets of oatmeal and a applecranberry (220cal) drink that is my sugar to start the day.
    10am - ham and cheese sandwich, maybe a beef jerky strip
    12pm - 1 gatorade 20oz, ham and cheese sandwich
    2pm - ham and cheese sandwich
    4-6 pm depending on when i eat its kinda a scrap meal but sometimes its my personally made shake
    1 cup Ice
    2 scoops nitrean protein (chocolate)
    1/2 cup milk 2%
    2 tbsp of java mocha for flavoring, its 80 cals for 2 tbsp

weekends are my refills but i dont go horrible except for one meal usually ends up being pizza.
    C-honky, you seem to be missing a whole food group;
    ----fruits and vegetables---
    you realize that if you keep eating this way, you will have to get your a** flushed professionally. Add a celery stick or something in there.
    Otherwise it's a very nutritious diet, which coincidently can be completely purchased at your local 7-11.
    A better diet = better gains.
    -large-honky-buthot

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    yea, soba i dont know how to type, i was still dizzy from the workout, otherwise I'm doing well.

large legs, my sandwiches are all meat and cheese from the deli. I let me other nutritional veggies from my multivitamin . If i had more time in my day I would maybe break down and cook decent meals but its the quickest and cleanest i can do. oh and sometimes i eat tuna in place of my sammiches. about once a week i DO get my veggies but i know thats not enough and some more chicken would be nice...or buffalo...but theyre endangered arent they?
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    ... i know thats not enough and some more chicken would be nice...or buffalo...but theyre endangered arent they?
    the chicken is an animal that has been wiped out for many decades. I suggest switching to a plentiful animal, like Wooly-Mammoth or Dodo bird.

keep up the fine workouts.

Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
    Lisa: No.
    Homer: Ham?
    Lisa: No.
    Homer: Pork chops?
    Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
    Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

hahah soba...a magical animal indeed. shame the woman has to be all muslim and not eat it...so I'm a closet piggychomper when she's not around...

Things are not so good right now. Besides ripping the back of my left hand to pieces and I mean...all of the back of it, like backhanding a girl with braces scratched up, my computer went down, and it went down hard. about once a day it the graphics freeze and i do a restart but last night when I did it it just loads up the windows screen and freezes 3/4 of the way. I = not happy. I was so put out about my computer that I didnt know what to do yesterday so i wen tot bed at like 930. I need other hobbies but I need my comp too...

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    man, i'd be devi-stat-id if that happened to me. computer=very important.
    how are you gonna write your essay's? if i were you, i wouldn't leave bed until a working computer magically appeared.

it was odd, yesterday I worked over my computer and restarted from last known good restart and its the second time i tried it but this time it worked and all is happy in Andrewland. I have O2 training and arms tonight...going to be fun. I am sad at the squishyness of my arms lately...my chest and hammys are still sore from sat despite ETS but they're not nearly as bad as without ETS so I'm not moaning...

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Great workout yesterday. I had more to say but it previewed and I lost it all so I'm not repeating.

Arms/Traps:

Alt DB curl: 25x8, 35x8, 40x5

Reverse DB curl: 25x8, 25x8

Machine Curl: 1/4stackx8, 1/2stackx8, fullstackx6

Machine Hammrs: 1/4stackx8, 3/4stackx4 about here is when my arm just gave out.

rope pulldown: 1/4 stackx8, 1/4stack+2 x8, 1/2 stackx5

reverse pulldown single arm: 1/4 stackx8, 1/4stack+1x4

Shrug: 135x15, 225x12

60 min cardio, this was strength training yesterday and my calves agree this morning.

5 min - warmup
    2 min - incline 5
    2 min - 6
    2 min - 7
    2 min - 8
    2 min - 9
    Repeat until min 55
    5 min cool down.

I felt great yesterday, just one of those days. I'm saddened by my crappy arms. I havent given them much love in the past few months and they show it. I use to curl 50x5 but noooooo. So i'm glad I'm back in it but it just sucks knowing I've slacked and lost strength

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    Great workout yesterday. I had more to say but it previewed and I lost it all so I'm not repeating.
    hahahaha, that happens to me all the time, oh wombie-honkey-man.
    ADD A VEGETABLE TO DIET!
    They will provide yo arms with much needed love as well.
    So long as your legs are strong, don't be blue.

andrew..check yo processor fan..it causes teh freeze every time, if it's not running.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

veggiewhat? that's crazy talk...but ok maybe I will. I'm going to the store this weekend to buy food, maybe I'll buymore than jsut sandwich supplies...like DIGORNO PIZZA....I wish *sniff*.

mrel - yea my fan is good, but I think its because my comp overheated and it shut down. That was a suckfest but I let it sit throughout the night to cool down and it still didnt start...but I'm glad I fixed it so it's all good now. I run my comp pretty hard... and I had no AC on in the house. I have that now and when I'm actually on the computer I have a fan blowing on me and the comp..with the side panel off. I rarely shut my computer down so it gets a tasty workout.

Cardio tonight, I was going to lift too but my arms are very very sore even with the help of ETS. Although, nothing else is sore...so maybe I'll toss in a chest or 2, we'll see.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    aren't deli meats processed?
    what type of bread do you use for your "samiches"?

deli meats are processed? then if the deli doesnt have fresh meat, where would one get fresh meat?

I eat either 12 grain or 7 grain bread. I gave up the white and actually like the 12 grain better. Whats the best bread to eat?

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    Andy, make sure the bread is ALL whole grain, even though it says whole grain as the first ingredient. Alot of grain breads will say whole grain flour AND enriched "wheat flour" which is the fancy term for whit flour.
    I believe Dempsters has a whol grain series of breads.

Yes, deli meats are processed, full of water, nitrates, plastic and snow tires.
    You would actually have to cook your own meat and slice it up so that would get expensive. 100% meat will not keep as long as deli meat would, plus it's expensive, that's why they "is" processed. Unless it's something like beef jerky, but that has lots of chemicals, salt...that's expensive too.

I don't think a few sandies with processed meats will hurt you, but it's not all that great. At least use real cheese and WHOLE grain bread.....this is why some veggies would be great in your diet, then you wouldn't have to worry about your deli meats so much.

just eat honey wheat or something. the difference isn't something you're gona notice by going to breads that taste like ass.

5/3/1 Journal

Banned
    Seven/twelve grain doesn't taste like ass, ass tastes like ass.

yes it does. honey wheat is much better, and there's not a noticeable difference nutritionally, unles you're a pro bodybuilder or something.

5/3/1 Journal

Banned
    I do believe honey wheat comes in the whole grain line, it's called honey oat n wheat in canada.

ok, I'll check the bread bag when i get home. Yea, all my foods are expensive, but the problem is, I need something I can prepare within 15 min in the mornings for 3 meals. Those are the meals I eat at work and need something fast. thats why sandwiches win. I can try and get the veggies at night when i have more time for meal 5. 12 grain is an acquired taste, I actually like it now. OK worked out yesterday it was a back day and cardio.

BACK:

Pullups: 4,3,2.5

Cable pullover: 1/4 stackx8, 1/2stackx8, 1/4stackx5

lat pulldown: 1/4stackx8, 1/2stackx8, 1/2stack+4x3

DL: 135x8, 185x8, 225x8, 275x4, 315x3

Cardio: aerobic 20min

I got bored with my cardio, the others usually go quick because you have to pay attention and change the speed every 2 min, this one is pretty much walk for 50 min. I didnt have anything to read so i quit at 20min. plus i was wearing the wrong shorts. The shorts I wore yesterday were rubbing against the thighs and friction starting getting to me. On my DL, I'm getting better, another rep and today I'm not nearly as sore as usual. So next back day I'm going to add another 10 lbs. The guy next to me was DLing too, he had his son there who was probably around 14. It was pretty cool the guy wasnt uber jacked or anything but he was DLing 405 with straps and belt. his son was going strapping and getting 245 which i guess is a decent start for a 14 yr old. I dont know about strapping and such, I know I will be at a higher level but I just dont feel its necessary until the high 300s or 4to5 plates. I dont know about the dad's form though. It looked like his upper back was rounded but I cant say for sure so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He had to be 50 though and DLing 405+ at 50 is impressive enough for me.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    My boyfriend is a big giant man like you....it's really fun teasing him about the size of his giant shoes.

yea i get teased by my 'boats' as well considering I wear 15s...some people want to be like brad pitt from Troy..I say screw that, I want to be the guy that fights him 1v1 in the beginning that guy was huge

My soreness kicked in. Luckily my lower back isnt totalled but my lats and traps and rhoms are screaming..it feels really good. tomorrow is another strong lift day, going to hit chest and shoulders. then the 60 min cardio

EDIT: just looked up that guy. His name was Nathan Jones. he was a strong man competitor.
    Last edited by crazedwombat; 06-13-2005 at 01:49 PM.

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Banned
    eewww! I once dated a very nice man who was big like that but not quite as tall. Anytime he tapped me on the shoulder or went to grab something at the same time as me, I always got bruised up. He use to bear hug me all the time and it honestly felt like he was trying to remove all the air from my lungs-just too aggressive I guess. He was so big, I was really scared of him when I told him I didn't want to see him anymore. He wasn't violent or anything. But yeah, when we went somewhere, other guys always looked him up and down because he looked like a good scraper-which is another bad thing about looking too strong. I use to think "wow, I want to date someone big and strong" because I'm all into fitness. I still want someone big and strong-so long as they're tall and lean too. I like how my man is now. The built but not too built look is for me.

It'll be a long ass while before I get to 3 pps.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Soba, you're almost there man. At the arnold you werent too far off. I bet by next arnold you'll be hanging with the rest of us

Legs: Yea I'm big like that and even though I date a really tiny girl, she doesnt get bruised too often. I know a lot of muscular or big guys sometimes dont know their strength and so are like your ex was. I'm used to being big and on top of that I have martial arts so I understand the amount of pressure that I apply and that one thing my lady loves about me, Even though I'm big, I control my strength and weight. So she feels protected instead of smothered. Which is cool by me because her last guy she briefly dated was stronger and leaner than me, some wrestler, but he was too aggressive and couldnt control his strength. My only hope is that as I get stronger I can learn my strength at the same time so that I dont crush her...heh, she couldnt handle too much pressure..unfortunately...waaay too skinny

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

I wannabebig!
    dang you make your girl sound realllllllll tiny, how tiny is she