The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Quick question

Quick question

I tried to search the forums and find an answer but couldn't. Is it okay to do cardio on your non-workout days while you're on a bulk? Or does that totally defeat your bulk?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i don't see any why you shouldn't cardio away!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I wannabebig!
    yes it is ok, and I would think more beneficial then not doing any at all...

Good deal.

Question HAS come up before, but honestly, I wouldn't know how to search for it either.

Just make sure you intake more cals than you burn obviously, and don't overtrain with the cardio and weights combined. Cheers.

yeah man, I wouldn't do anything too intense but it is better to do some then none at all. I always feel better about myself if I do a light cardio session once or twice a week even if I am on a bulk.

I'm wondering why you want to do cardio if you're on a bulk. That's like saying you wanna cut but on your non workout days you want to eat a whole pie of pizza. Either bulk right or don't bulk at all.
    yea that's right, be jealous

Quote Originally Posted by agentplaya1
    Either bulk right or don't bulk at all.
    So it's your contention that there is no place in bulking for cardio whatsoever.
    It's just I've read on here that alot of people do small cardio workouts on their off days but are careful to not burn more calories then they take in. I guess there's a lot of people who aren't bulking right.

Quagmire wannabe
    That's like saying you wanna cut but on your non workout days you want to eat a whole pie of pizza.
    Well you can if it fits into your calorie and macro-nutrient breakdowns
    He who hesitates masturbates........

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    I'm wondering why you want to do cardio if you're on a bulk. That's like saying you wanna cut but on your non workout days you want to eat a whole pie of pizza. Either bulk right or don't bulk at all.
    Its all about the numbers. Shoot, I could burn 1000 cal in running every day as long as I'm eating like a beast and replacing all the cals. A little extreme but technically you could...
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

I wannabebig!
    wtf are you trying to say?? should I just not lift weights too... cuz that burns some cals?

Good point ryauge. Maybe I should just cram protein down my throat and lie in bed all day so I can bulk right.

The One
    MY 2 CENTS:

I dont personally do any cardio while on a bulk, because i find that it slows my gains....

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    i like girls
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

hahaha

Yes it can slow your gains, but isn't that much of a sin to do.

*Note that I don't do cardio at all. Hahaaha!

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    wtf are you trying to say?? should I just not lift weights too... cuz that burns some cals?
    ok lets not be silly, lifting weights would be essential because you're trying to grow muscle, which is why you would bulk, to feed your muscles. I'm just wondering why do the cardio? What is his reasoning for it on a bulk?

Quagmire wannabe
    ok lets not be silly, lifting weights would be essential because you're trying to grow muscle, which is why you would bulk, to feed your muscles. I'm just wondering why do the cardio? What is his reasoning for it on a bulk?
    Because if you dont do any cardio at all during a bulk its going to be murder when you finally get back into it. Better to be used to cardio then to start from scratch again.
    He who hesitates masturbates........

I guess so, if it helps him get used to cardio. From what I hear cardio is a bitch anyways, so why not take a break, enjoy your bulk and then worry about diet and cardio and torturing yourself during a cut only, rather than torture yourself with cardio through both a bulk AND a cut? Just curious, since i don't do cardio but if I did that's how i would do it. Anybody else out there do cardio on a bulk? Lets get a poll going. I find this fascinating.