The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmoses
    Huh?

fromo, he said before that holding/getting up the weight wasn't the problem..the problem was controlling it..i was referring back to the grip thread ...see "question about shruggs"..and how pointless it became because everyone disagreed for different and legitimate reasons..but this is not hanging at your sides, this is over your HEAD..there's no discussion needed about grip..it dangerous if you can't control it, and you need to wait til you can, or risk death/vegetable state.. and like i said the discussion was as painful as plucking pubic hair before..bad analogy i know, but what sucks worse than that?

Okay, I gotcha now. I was just having a hard time deciphering your original post.

believe me, i understand..sometimes i don't make any sense at all..i have too many thoughts and not enough words most of the time..and i do have to say that i guess i'm making a null point with GMC because dumbells are more dangerous to him, and i presume that he can obliterate his best dumbell bench with a barbell..so for ME, i could drop it if i could get it up there..for HIM, he can't..but if he's comfortable with the barbell, and i'm comfortable with the dumbell, then we're just shooting spitwads..he said dumbell was more dangerous, and for him, it is..for me a barbell would be more dangerous i think..but he's doing more weight than me too..so i stand corrected i guess?..i'm 25, i can take being sorta wrong like a man i guess.....GMC, i concede

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    believe me, i understand..sometimes i don't make any sense at all..i have too many thoughts and not enough words most of the time..and i do have to say that i guess i'm making a null point with GMC because dumbells are more dangerous to him, and i presume that he can obliterate his best dumbell bench with a barbell..so for ME, i could drop it if i could get it up there..for HIM, he can't..but if he's comfortable with the barbell, and i'm comfortable with the dumbell, then we're just shooting spitwads..he said dumbell was more dangerous, and for him, it is..for me a barbell would be more dangerous i think..but he's doing more weight than me too..so i stand corrected i guess?..i'm 25, i can take being sorta wrong like a man i guess.....GMC, i concede
    no, we should all be able to voice our opinions.

Anyways, my best for reps BB decline is 225, DB's I work with 85's for about 6-7 reps. I have no problem getting the 85s up. And I also have no problem dropping them at the end of my set. All I am saying is that at the end of a set, for me, especially when I get stuck about half way up, the DB may wobble a bit, at times it has even fallen directly back. I was just trying to say that it's possible that the DB could drop on your head. With BB there is no danger like this at all.

i'll let you know if i can drop them like i man when i'm lifting like a man, and not a 4 year-old