Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are you ganna raise your kids in order for them to lift in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmoses
    Do you know how awesomely happy that makes me?
    Don't you mean "Well hey there milkshake man, WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON MY FREAKING LAWN?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyTX
    LOL. My son is 7 years old and in 1st grade.

He stands 4'3" tall and weighs 96 pounds. He can do 10 pushups with ease in full football gear. He played second grade tackle this past season and was shoving kids around that were 100+ pounds, some close to 115, like they weighed 50 pounds. Nobody on his team wanted to perform tackle drills with him.

I must note, genetics plays a big part. I am fairly big and my wife is strong as ****. She powerlifted in college.

EDIT: Just found a couple pics I want to show off.
    First one is my son and daughter before a game. (Note same outfits for halloween, hence the name of the file)
    Second is a back shot of my son at a game.

The Kid next to my son is 8 years old and weighs 62 pounds. My son in that shot had just turned 7 less than 1 month before the photo.
    Holy ****. I wasnt that tall till I was 10 or 12 Thats a big mother****er compared to the 8 yr old, lmao. Thats awesome dude.

Fromo and DD,
    What the **** is aqua teen hunger force
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Quote Originally Posted by DenimDemon
    You know Fromo, I read about half of your posts with the Carl voice without even thinking about it. It makes them funnier.
    When I had meatwad, I used to reread my own posts with his voice. That made me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    When I had meatwad, I used to reread my own posts with his voice. That made me happy.
    Happy again.

So you should be saying something like: "And don't be bringing it to me in no damn sippy-cup either- I'm an adult, and I deserve an adult glass...WAAHHHHHHhhhhh..."

Y2A- it's the best show ever, maybe with the exception of the Tick and Beavis & Butthead. Man, I love that show.

Yes, keep Meatwad!

Take the meat bridge!

I won't force my daughter to lift, but I think she is learning by example to do it. Since I lift at home, and do some of my boxing at home, she see's me doing it and wants to do it to. She'll drop whatever she's doing instantly and come help daddy workout. She even has a broomstick that she uses to mimic whatever I just did. I about LMAO the first time she jumped up on the bench and layed down and started benching while I was resting between sets. She's still little(she turns 4 in Jan.), so obviously her attitude might change, but I think her seeing me workout religiously will have a huge impact on her wanting to workout also.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

My son, he must do push ups and sit ups and hang ups before he can play video games, and he will eat what I tell him, its for his own good, he will get laid like mad in high school, because I thaught him the value of being physically strong. He must also follow my rules with no exception, and those will be cool rules, if he is going to play loud music, it better be rock music, and he must pinch the girls in class in the hiney, if he doesnt do this, I will come to his school and pinch them for him, so he can see how it is done.

The year he turns 15, I will introduce him to Al bundy, he will watch every episode together with me, and he will laugh.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington
    I am going to encourage my child to be physically active. During their childhood, I will enroll them in a martial art so that they will be taught self-discipline and perseverance.

It would however be nice to hit the gym with my child when they're of age.
    Big Mak
    Little Mak (or Makette, can't remember which it is Maki)

I love to see pics of that.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington
    I am going to encourage my child to be physically active. During their childhood, I will enroll them in a martial art so that they will be taught self-discipline and perseverance.

It would however be nice to hit the gym with my child when they're of age.
    Ditto, and I'm gonna force them to play hockey, all year round. I know it.... I have this feeling that my future kids will grow up to be the next Gretzky, or Lemieux, or Wickenheiser, if I get a girl.

All kidding aside, I would like my kids to be physically active, especially in team sports. But I will definately will not be one of those idiot parents, who pressure their kids, because of dreams of them becoming future sport superstars.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

my kid will play sports at a young age and than when he turns 15 he will start lifting and like it or else the wooden spoon comes out... no j/k i deffinately will encourage it in my kids as i wouldnt want them going through school feeling unconfident about his/herself ya know..

and fromo ATHF rocks see if you can tell me who this is " HEY YOU DING BAT" "HA YOU HEAR WHAT I ORDERED IM GONNA BE SH***IN BLOOD FOR WEEKS" oh man i love carl and mastershake and meatwad and fryman oh hot damn i love them all...
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

I would like to see my kids lift, but I would like to pass on my guitars even more.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    My son, he must do push ups and sit ups and hang ups before he can play video games, and he will eat what I tell him, its for his own good, he will get laid like mad in high school, because I thaught him the value of being physically strong. He must also follow my rules with no exception, and those will be cool rules, if he is going to play loud music, it better be rock music, and he must pinch the girls in class in the hiney, if he doesnt do this, I will come to his school and pinch them for him, so he can see how it is done.

The year he turns 15, I will introduce him to Al bundy, he will watch every episode together with me, and he will laugh.
    lol

Wannabebig Member
    i say we have a race..... whos kid(or dog) will win Mr. Olympia first....eh eh any takers

Edit: P.S. I think bruteman has the right idea. Theyll mimic you and theyll proll start liking it from there. Thats pretty cool that your daughter is starting
    and she is getting a head start at the age of 4!!(cheater)
    Last edited by trooperplayer; 12-03-2004 at 06:44 PM.
    BeNcH: 145*5 *new-4-18-05
    SqUaT:rep 205*8new\225
    DeAdLiFt: 235 new\400
    ClEaN:145*5
    Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.

pain is temporary glory is forever

if you think your going to fail you already have

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock

Quote Originally Posted by trooperplayer
    i say we have a race..... whos kid(or dog) will win Mr. Olympia first....eh eh any takers

Edit: P.S. I think bruteman has the right idea. Theyll mimic you and theyll proll start liking it from there. Thats pretty cool that your daughter is starting
    and she is getting a head start at the age of 4!!(cheater)
    LOL, I mentioned earlier this year in my journal about her picking up a 20 lb DB. Not a bad deadlift for a three yr. old.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Yeah I was thinking of teaching my kid the value of a bit of extra muscle and strength in the high school years, definitely. But hey, if he smokes less dope than I did in high school, I will be happy.

I'll be a role model for my kids by lifting weights and eating right. Kids, at least while they are young anyway, try to replicate the behavior of their parents. My mom was a fitness gal (running and lifting weights) when she was younger so the importance of exercising sort of rubbed off on me and it'll be something that will stick with me for the rest of my life.

If you want your kids and wife (I'm speaking from a male perspective) to lift and stay healthy, you have to lead by example.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator

If you want your kids and wife (I'm speaking from a male perspective) to lift and stay healthy, you have to lead by example.
    True dat.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo