Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexander

Alexander

This movie is a 3 hour waste of time and it puts a real strain on the brain. There are only two battle scenes in the entire 3 hours which last about 25 minutes. The acting isn't good either. Imo don't waste your money on this movie. It's nothing like the other epics.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

From what I recently heard the movie overplays and overemphasizes his love life and pays WAY too much attention to his homosexuality. There's nothing wrong with this...if you advertise the film as being a love story. It hasn't, its been advertised as an epic war film and fortified by Maki's statements, what I heard is correct.

I think I'm going to pass on Alexander.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    i was going to pass on it anyways. im really tired of hollywood trying to pass off certain pretty boy actors as badasses, its not working at all. let the pretty boys play their pretty roles and kiss the women but when i want a badass give me russle crowe or somebody like michale clarke duncan, people i can go and drink with and get in bar fights with, no way i can get in a bar fight with colin ferrel on my side
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

coming from greek decent i refuse to see that movie Oliver stones choice of cast was shocking! colin farrel as alexander woot!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

All i heard about it is.

Alexander is gay.

Why is Alexander not played by a greek or amernian,turk, persian, why? I hate this, its just like the last samurai with Tom cruise, and I think its a deep ethnical insult, as deep as it gets I think, why do they even bother getting the historial facts right, when they wont even have him as a greek, I hate that plastic stuff, yeah thats how it feels, like watching plastic, at least in the lord of the rings, they spoke different languages, and common, was english originally.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    Why is Alexander not played by a greek or amernian,turk, persian, why? I hate this, its just like the last samurai with Tom cruise, and I think its a deep ethnical insult, as deep as it gets I think, why do they even bother getting the historial facts right, when they wont even have him as a greek, I hate that plastic stuff, yeah thats how it feels, like watching plastic, at least in the lord of the rings, they spoke different languages, and common, was english originally.
    Yeah,i like the fact that in Passion of the christ it was transletted in Latin.

i totaly agree with you rock totally!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

nice, let me guess, the war scenes wasnt even bloody.

Man whats happening to movies today, its just like that other talentless simpson sister, its all fake, to hell with it.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

just like troy what a flop!

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Man whats happening to movies today, its just like that other talentless simpson sister, its all fake, to hell with it.
    these producers, directors whatever they call themselves should do more research on historical facts before even trying to come out with this hollywood garbage what a disgrace!

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Alexander was probally a larger, more agressive brute,yet smart and cunning, homosexual, what concrete evidence is there, they say this about all great men.

wake up people, it is Hollywood. they will do what will bring in the most money. for each muscular guy you want to see in a bloody battle there are 10 people that wont go see it. so it makes sense for them to use a pretty boy who people will go see.

if you disagree the way you do, then just dont see it. also what youre choosing to do.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

I wannabebig!
    heard it sucked too, was looking forward to see it as I enjoyed such films as troy and gladiator...

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar

Did you even see the Last Samurai?

(Hint: Tom Cruise was SUPPOSED to be a white man, and he WAS NOT the Last Samurai.)
    Last edited by Gyno Rhino; 11-27-2004 at 02:29 PM.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino

(Hint: Tom Cruise was SUPPOSED to be a white man, and he WAS NOT the Last Samurai.)
    Yeah, but he was supposed to be a frenchman (according to history), not an American.

Who cares? Frenchman, American? If you want to be nit picky the whole story was fictionalized. Do you really believe any of that happened as it was protrayed? The only historical accuracy in that movie was that the Japanese actually spoke Japanese (for the most part). That didn't stop it from being a fine piece of entertainment.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh BDK
    From what I recently heard the movie overplays and overemphasizes his love life and pays WAY too much attention to his homosexuality
    Big time. I was suprised at how much they touched on this subject. I figured it would be subtle but it wasn't really.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Nah, they were decent.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

I liked it, but being an enormous history buff gives me a bias.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Alexander was portrayed to be an incestual, ridiculously homosexual, fairy who for some reason cried all the time. Many historians believe he was gay, but I doubt there is concrete evidence.

It's easy to forget when watching this movie that this was the greatest commander of all time.

They didn't even really talk about his command genius or his philosophical nature.

BTW, the fight scenes were not decent, they were at best slightly below average.

DO NOT SEE this movie, unless you wanna see a gay, badly done love story.

No one involved in this movie did a good job except angelina jolie.
    Last edited by nejar462; 11-27-2004 at 04:51 PM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Quote Originally Posted by nejar462
    Many historians believe he was gay, but I doubt there is concrete evidence.
    It was extremely conventional for well off greek men to take younger male lovers, but Alexander was well know for his unconventional life long affair with a male of the same age.

That said, this movie looks awful.

Go see Sideways instead. That was pretty funny.

so what greek could have played alexander? John Stamos? uncle jesse out there slaying dudes and all that? no way..collin ferrel was the best man for the job..nobody would have paid to see an action star..collin ferrel is an exceptional actor, and he absolutely immersed himself in the history to play the part accurately..what does it matter if it's a greek guy anyway? his hair was blonde wasn't it? anyone here know a lot of naturally blonde greeks? maybe it was a wig, cause i haven't seen it yet and it looked supremely fake...but either way, colin ferrel has black hair, and mediterranean features..if the movie sucks, it sucks..but it's not because of whether the people are all ethnically accurate..don't get me wrong, i am very picky about movies being accurate, but i understand that actors are actors, and they are paid chameleons, and don't have to be the ethnicity of the part they play..big-budget pictures are a business first, and an art-form second

HORRIBLE movie.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino

:withstupi

Quote Originally Posted by Rastaman
    Who cares? Frenchman, American? If you want to be nit picky the whole story was fictionalized. Do you really believe any of that happened as it was protrayed? The only historical accuracy in that movie was that the Japanese actually spoke Japanese (for the most part). That didn't stop it from being a fine piece of entertainment.
    :withstupi

The movie was DAMN good!
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t