The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

World of Warcraft

Anyone playing it?
    I just got it, so far so good
    might be fun to hvae some people to play together...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

cant wait to get it.. but im kinda scared itll disrupt my day to day. as the arrival of halo2.
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

I'm going to start playing in January. Gimme a shout if you're playin then.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

I played it in Beta for a short period then sold "my time on the account" for way too much money. I love eBay.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    I just got City of Heroes, VERY impressed with it, no lag, awesome graphics even for low end machines and forever gameplay. best online rpg out there
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

I wannabebig!
    .... but.... ARE YOU PLAYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT

I wannabebig!
    i was considering purchasing it... need to find a good deal on it though

good luck finding a deal, it just came out last week...usually it takes months before any deals are available. Also if you buy a used copy you might find that the free trial period has been used up which means you'll end up having to pay for your usage.

I think I paid somewhere between 40-60$, got it at compUSA.
    I'm not a video gamer at all, but somehow I sat down and started playing 2 days ago and next time I looked at the clock it was 10 hours later!
    Then I played yesterday and same thing happend...but it was 14 hours later!
    wowsas!!!

I wannabebig!
    thats what im worried about.... and was thinking maybe I should wait till I get home end of next month/january... haha

I wanna get it since I love Blizzard's games. But I don't want to have to spend hours everyday in game to make progress. I liked the "power hour" idea Ultima Online finally came out with. Does anyone know what kind of time is required to level at a decent rate in WoW? Cuz if it's like Everquest I'm not even gonna bother. I hope it's a little easier than Dark Age of Camelot was.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

i fear this game for i know it will take all my time and money... therefore i must stay away

Ugh, the temptation is strong. I'm clinging onto what little social life I have already... this would be the nail in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    I wanna get it since I love Blizzard's games. But I don't want to have to spend hours everyday in game to make progress.
    :withstupi
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    I wanna get it since I love Blizzard's games. But I don't want to have to spend hours everyday in game to make progress. I liked the "power hour" idea Ultima Online finally came out with. Does anyone know what kind of time is required to level at a decent rate in WoW? Cuz if it's like Everquest I'm not even gonna bother. I hope it's a little easier than Dark Age of Camelot was.
    Leveling is no where near the rate everquest was. Blizzard tailored this game with the casual gamer in mind, but also has lots of stuff for the hardcore. I played closed beta for a few months and it was a great game. I did dislike the nerfs they handed down towards release time, but it's still a fun game. With efficient leveling, you can hit level 60 in just over a week if you worked at it. The combination of quests and normal grinding is a pretty potent way to gain experience.

With that said, you are still rewarded for the more time you put into the game (i.e. dungeon crawls, raids, etc.)....but for general fun and soloing, it's great too.

In any event, I'll probably pick it up later. I got a little burned out on it when it came time for open beta. I'm playing Everquest 2 at the moment. Maybe when my brother comes home and buys it, I'll pick it up too, hehe.
    Last edited by Shao-LiN; 11-30-2004 at 05:04 AM.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I wannabebig!
    so how long would it take to hit level 60 playing 1 hour a day haha, and monthly fees discourage me.
    Last edited by ryuage; 11-30-2004 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    so how long would it take to hit level 60 playing 1 hour a day haha, and monthly fees discourage me.
    Probably half a year.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

ha i palyed the beta for two days, about 4 gours each day and only got to lvl 11....i just think it takes way to long...and those games are really just boring to me...im waiting for battle for middle earth....a game that actually takes skill....that is gon be the ish

I wannabebig!
    so boring you played 4 hours a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    With efficient leveling, you can hit level 60 in just over a week if you worked at it.
    I must be doing something horribly wrong. I've put in nearly 30 hours and I'm just at level 15.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    I must be doing something horribly wrong. I've put in nearly 30 hours and I'm just at level 15.
    Nope. There are 168 hours in a week. 60/4=15, so 30hrs * 4 = 120 hrs to reach lvl 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Leveling is no where near the rate everquest was. Blizzard tailored this game with the casual gamer in mind, but also has lots of stuff for the hardcore. I played closed beta for a few months and it was a great game. I did dislike the nerfs they handed down towards release time, but it's still a fun game. With efficient leveling, you can hit level 60 in just over a week if you worked at it. The combination of quests and normal grinding is a pretty potent way to gain experience.

With that said, you are still rewarded for the more time you put into the game (i.e. dungeon crawls, raids, etc.)....but for general fun and soloing, it's great too.

In any event, I'll probably pick it up later. I got a little burned out on it when it came time for open beta. I'm playing Everquest 2 at the moment. Maybe when my brother comes home and buys it, I'll pick it up too, hehe.
    That's pretty much what I want to hear. I never played Everquest because I didn't want to not have a life just to keep up with everyone in game. I liked Ultima Online back in the day because after figuring everything out I could just macro the boring stuff and go do stuff in real life and then come back when it was time to hunt someone or something. Leveling in Dark Age of Camelot took forever because you couldn't safely fight anything worth while soloing as most classes, finding a competent group was not an assured thing, and running all over the damn place took so long. Taking 120 or even a bit more hours to reach level 60 sounds good to me. But I've always had faith in Blizzard because it seems like they know gamers better than most gamemakers.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by anyone
    Nope. There are 168 hours in a week. 60/4=15, so 30hrs * 4 = 120 hrs to reach lvl 60.
    that would hold true if the levels didn't take exponentially longer to complete.
    The first 5 levels took 1/2 the time as the next 5, and going from 10-15 took twice as long as going from 5-10... and so on and so on...

going from level 59 to level 60 alone will probably take 60 hours (I'm assuming...I dont think there is anyone in the game at that level yet, I think the highest is around 35-45 as far as I can tell, 98% of the people on the forums and in the worlds I run through are <lvl 30, could be that I'm in a easier area though)
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 11-30-2004 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    so boring you played 4 hours a day?
    yes, and realized how stupid it and boring it was after 2 days, i gave it 4 hours a day just to make sure i wasnt cheating myself of a good mmorpg gaming experience so i put ample time in to make my decision,,, rts's are so much better IMHO

Damn I Love Asian Chicks tidusffx's Avatar
    I got this game on the first day and so far I love it. I have to set my alarm to remind myself to eat every 3 hours. Anyone playing on Lightbringer in the Pacific TIme Zone? If so we should start a BBers guild

The guy with the biggest mouth usually has the smallest ROM

I'm on WhisperWind, but I think you can move a character to a different realm and different time zone, I'm not sure how but I would think it shouldn't be very difficult for them to do that.

At any rate, I'm an Alliance/Elf/Hunter if anyone needs assistance just pm me.