The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

are you ganna raise your kids in order for them to lift in the future

from what you have learded and from what you have experienced what what might you do in your kids life in order for them to lift in the future
    what i want to do is give my kids the proper nutrition for them not have to go through the hassles of losing or gaining weight and if they do chose to lift they will be well prepared for it
    what will you do when you have kids...
    BeNcH: 145*5 *new-4-18-05
    SqUaT:rep 205*8new\225
    DeAdLiFt: 235 new\400
    ClEaN:145*5
    Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.

pain is temporary glory is forever

if you think your going to fail you already have

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Yes, I am going to live vicariously through my son. He will be Mr. Olympia, or he will be grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmoses
    Yes, I am going to live vicariously through my son. He will be Mr. Olympia, or he will be grounded.
    :withstupi

Looks like your kid might have some competition, biatch.

Seriously though, I make my little bro lift too, although the bigger problem is making him eat. At least he doesn't have to go through the joy of an emotionally scarring fat adolescence like I did.

My kids will be encouraged to be active, although I think that no tv/no video games rules that a lot of parents try to pull to achieve this goal are BS. At about age 8-10, they'll be learning correct form by doing really light weight 2-4 times a month. When they hit twelve or so we'll get serious, and my wife will undoubtedly scold me for being too sadistic a spotter for my kids... "come on Billy, your sister tries harder than that!" You know, nothing like playing on a little sibling rivalry. They'll thank me when they're all beasts by the time they're 18.
    They better be musical prodigies and geniuses too, or I'm gonna be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by DenimDemon
    :
    They better be musical prodigies and geniuses too, or I'm gonna be pissed.
    I forgot to include that as well. My kid is going to have the body of arnold, and the guitar skills of Pepe Romero.

I was hoping that mine would be able to cover the bases from Clapton to Buckethead, and maybe some classical if he wants it. It would be nice if he learned to play some Barrios, because my stupid hands sure can't do it.
    He will also be named after me, so that he can carry on my greatness.
    My kid will have the body of Arnold with better legs and abs.

I forgot to include that as well. My kid is going to have the body of arnold, and the guitar skills of Pepe Romero.
    hahaha

i think i'l just ask my son or daughter if they want help with working out or whatever, and il encourage them from there, if you force it upon them they may resent it.i sure wish my father helped me at a young age.. back when i was doing 105 reps of 5lb dumbels because i knew no better
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

I make my little brother lift. I'm sure I will give my kids a choice... maybe...

Ill encourage it. No way Ill let my y2a jr grow up a fat boy like his pops. I think kids generally would like to look like the hot bods they see on TV, etc, and if they had someone to encourage them, would do it. IMO.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Not to mention, I want my kid to be gettin' mad bitches in high school.

Wannabebig Member
    In a way, I'd be living vicariously through my son (if it's a boy), too, but I rather have my son be an athlete first, bodybuilder second. What I mean by this is that I'll encourage him to do things like push-ups, sit-ups, and run to get a good base and if he hasn't picked up weightlifting by his junior year of high school, then I'll start encouraging him to lift weights.

But I WILL make sure my son eats plenty of food right from the start.

I rather not get him started too early with weightlifting..
    Last edited by smallasianguy; 12-02-2004 at 09:43 PM.

I am going to encourage my child to be physically active. During their childhood, I will enroll them in a martial art so that they will be taught self-discipline and perseverance.

It would however be nice to hit the gym with my child when they're of age.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington
    I am going to encourage my child to be physically active. During their childhood, I will enroll them in a martial art so that they will be taught self-discipline and perseverance.

Big Mak
    Little Mak (or Makette, can't remember which it is Maki)

I love to see pics of that.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington

Ditto, and I'm gonna force them to play hockey, all year round. I know it.... I have this feeling that my future kids will grow up to be the next Gretzky, or Lemieux, or Wickenheiser, if I get a girl.

All kidding aside, I would like my kids to be physically active, especially in team sports. But I will definately will not be one of those idiot parents, who pressure their kids, because of dreams of them becoming future sport superstars.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

yes i will make them lift, and i will also make sure they dont listen to stupid music or dress like an idiot either. i cant believe what some parents let their kids listen to or dress like.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

My kid will start off with judo and wrestling, as these are low impact sports that have excellent carry over to self-defense and cage fighting. It will teach them to fall and tumble well.

I'll move them into striking somewhat later. Not that I'm wanting them to fight or anything, but I want them to be prepared if anything happens they are better equiped to deal with it.

Of course my kid will lift. Don't want a daughter really though.

Creating a stud machine?

Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Creating a stud machine?
    Well, he's gotta take after dad.

Oh? That isn't you in your avatar?

Are you insinuating something about my animated self? What is there not studly about that slab of man meat?

Are you insinuating something about my animated self? What is there not studly about that slab of man meat?
    You know Fromo, I read about half of your posts with the Carl voice without even thinking about it. It makes them funnier.

You know Fromo, I read about half of your posts with the Carl voice without even thinking about it. It makes them funnier.
    Do you know how awesomely happy that makes me?

Do you know how awesomely happy that makes me?
    Don't you mean "Well hey there milkshake man, WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON MY FREAKING LAWN?!?"

When I had meatwad, I used to reread my own posts with his voice. That made me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    When I had meatwad, I used to reread my own posts with his voice. That made me happy.
    Happy again.

So you should be saying something like: "And don't be bringing it to me in no damn sippy-cup either- I'm an adult, and I deserve an adult glass...WAAHHHHHHhhhhh..."

Y2A- it's the best show ever, maybe with the exception of the Tick and Beavis & Butthead. Man, I love that show.

Yes, keep Meatwad!