The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by briancurran01
    These are my latest transformation pics

first pics were taken in august second pics taken today]

first is the back
    Holy crap brian! Im just lurking, but havent seen pics of you in 6 months or something. Amazing transformation! Keep up the good work.

juniormint: thanks man...appreciate the support.

Brian,

Been lurking in this thread as well! Great transformation. Keep going with it. I think your motivation is motivation to others as well!

Keep dropping those pounds. I think your 210 goal is right around the corner. I look forward to seeing more pics of you great progress! Congrats on your success and good luck with accomplishing the rest of your goals!

Quote Originally Posted by justhrowit
    Brian,

Been lurking in this thread as well! Great transformation. Keep going with it. I think your motivation is motivation to others as well!

Keep dropping those pounds. I think your 210 goal is right around the corner. I look forward to seeing more pics of you great progress! Congrats on your success and good luck with accomplishing the rest of your goals!
    thanks man...yeah the first goal of 225 is 7 pounds away and i am dropping 3 to 4 a day so i think i can hit 225 before the next refeed. THanks for your support

chest and stomach pic from yesterday
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Arms look lean as hell actually. Chest is coming out alot more now. Everything is looking better, ofcourse the midsection is still not quite small but that is where most males lose fat last.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 01-28-2005 at 11:15 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

cc: thanks man..yeah the midsection is where i am holding most of the fat...i am happy over all with the progress though...thanks again man

i am hoping to get a new set of pics up here tomorrow after thwe power workout

It's All About Committment KiwiBuilder's Avatar
    i am hoping to get a new set of pics up here tomorrow after thwe power workout
    Woohoo! Bring it on bro!
    =================================================
    Currently:: ~90.75 Kg and BFLing!
    Cutting Goal:: Abs!
    Ultimate Goals:: 100Kg at ~10% BF.
    The Road To Largeness
    Newest member of WBBB
    "Go ahead on with it Quadzilla..." - Cocoa.
    "I hope the course gets a few more beer cart girls. Hot ones with long legs and tans. Great, now I'm excited. My left forearm is never going to catch up now. Son of a bitch." - Tim Nissen.
    "Most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer." - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBuilder
    Woohoo! Bring it on bro!
    LOL bring it i shall

Down with the Sickness
    WOW Brian! Looking good man huge improvment from your start keep it up man.

Quote Originally Posted by sublime99
    WOW Brian! Looking good man huge improvment from your start keep it up man.
    thanks man...appreciate that

Dude, your lookign good. But you need to shave that dome. Hell, I've even joined the club. lol

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Dude, your lookign good. But you need to shave that dome. Hell, I've even joined the club. lol
    D : lol. I do shave it just not entirely bald

new pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good Bri. Keep at it man, you're doing a great job!
    The Road To Largeness
    Newest member of WBBB
    "I hope the course gets a few more beer cart girls. Hot ones with long legs and tans. Great, now I'm excited. My left forearm is never going to catch up now. Son of a bitch." - Tim Nissen.
    "Most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer." - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Looking good Bri. Keep at it man, you're doing a great job!
    thanks man...i asked someone else this question but they didnt answer...is it just me or did my chest get bigger or thicker since the last set of pics?

Sorry, Brian! I got called away to do something and when I returned you'd already signed off.

On your question- I notice it slightly in the most muscular pose. It may just be a placebo since you mentioned it, but it does look a little more "prevalent", is the word that comes to mind.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    hi brian,
    i have been peeking in here regularly for a while. you are making really making fantastic progress !

organic: thanks man..i notice it in the front double bicep...more then usual...but of course i stare at those pics looking for changes

chops: Thank you very much I appreciate that and thanks for commenting

thanks man...i asked someone else this question but they didnt answer...is it just me or did my chest get bigger or thicker since the last set of pics?
    Yep, I think you might be right. Whether or not it's increased thickness, or decreased fat I can't be sure, but I would hazard a guess at the latter, given the rate at which you're losing weight.

I really noticed that your sides have shrunken from photo to photo though, well done. Makes me feel like I need to step up my game
    The Road To Largeness
    Newest member of WBBB

Yep, I think you might be right. Whether or not it's increased thickness, or decreased fat I can't be sure, but I would hazard a guess at the latter, given the rate at which you're losing weight.

I really noticed that your sides have shrunken from photo to photo though, well done. Makes me feel like I need to step up my game
    thanks man...you are doing damn well yourself too bro...i still got a ton to lose in the midsection...i may try to go over a week without the refeed and see if i can knock this thing out a little quicker. I am not sure if i can go over a week on this bastard of a diet though without a refeed though lol

i may try to go over a week without the refeed and see if i can knock this thing out a little quicker. I am not sure if i can go over a week on this bastard of a diet though without a refeed though lol
    Cheers Bri!

Yeah, I too have thought about continuing on without the refeed, but I guess it would make each successive week more hellish during the workouts, and to be honest it makes the weekend much easier to survive with family and kids not having to worry about sticking to a low card diet.

But that's me. If you can do then it might be worth a try, but with that said you are doing a fantastic job, it just takes time
    The Road To Largeness
    Newest member of WBBB

lol i doubt i can do it...it would be a bitch...it was just a thought i had...maybe when i get closer to 210 i will since i know then it will be over

How about the wheels bro?

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220