Thread: New Workout Cycle/Method

New Workout Cycle/Method

Hey guys,

Um I was thinking about kinda changing up my routine to something like say a cycle. A cycle lasts 3 or 4 weeks and in the first week i do 2 sets of what i normally do and then for the 3rd set i up the weight. The next week I do 1 set of the earlier weight and 2 sets of the increased weight, the next week 3 sets of the new weight. And then the cycle starts all over again..what do you guys think? This will work? At getting me bigger?

I'm also gonna be using a MRP (considering Opticen once shipping charges to Barbados arent high) because I never get enough calories from eating and it is easier to get calories from drinking than eating. So i hope that this idea plus my MRP plus my creatine gets me some great results.
    Last edited by jamar; 12-11-2004 at 07:30 AM.
    jamar's workout journal | Age: 24 | Height: 5' 10

WEEKLY STATS Last Updated: Sep 28, 2008
    Weight: 149.0lbs (+1.0lbs)

MONTHLY STATS Last Updated: May 14, 2005
    Waist: 29 inches | Chest: 33.5 inches | Biceps: 12.75 inches

GOALS Last Updated: April 02, 2008
    Weight: 160lbs by December 31, 2008

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by jamar
    Hey guys,

Um I was thinking about kinda changing up my routine to something like say a cycle. A cycle lasts 3 or 4 weeks and in the first week i do 2 sets of what i normally do and then for the 3rd set i up the weight. The next week I do 1 set of the earlier weight and 2 sets of the increased weight, the next week 3 sets of the new weight. And then the cycle starts all over again..what do you guys think? This will work? At getting me bigger?

I'm also gonna be using a MRP (considering Opticen once shipping charges to Barbados arent high) because I never get enough calories from eating and it is easier to get calories from drinking than eating. So i hope that this idea plus my MRP plus my creatine gets me some great results.
    That's a very short cycle. As for your question it depends on whether you can continue on increasing the weight each cycle. Weight training is simple but rarely is it so simple as just an increase in weight. Although that is a major way to progress, there are so many variables that affect it, that simply planning to lift heavier each cycle is not good. I'd look at the WWB routines, were I you.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeAnabolic
    That's a very short cycle.
    What if i made the cycle say 4 to 6 weeks?
    jamar's workout journal | Age: 24 | Height: 5' 10

WEEKLY STATS Last Updated: Sep 28, 2008
    Weight: 149.0lbs (+1.0lbs)

MONTHLY STATS Last Updated: May 14, 2005
    Waist: 29 inches | Chest: 33.5 inches | Biceps: 12.75 inches

GOALS Last Updated: April 02, 2008
    Weight: 160lbs by December 31, 2008

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    I'd go for 8 weeks mimimum. You need time to get your body used to the higher weights among other things. Haste makes waste, and that statement is very true in bodybuilding.