Thread: set new PR today for DB shoulder press (don't laugh)

Hybrid View

set new PR today for DB shoulder press (don't laugh)

65 lb DB x4

No spot, but really it's 5 reps since I don't cont the first one when you initially kick up and push the DB's up.

I have been at a plateau of 60's for so long now. Pretty amazing what eating like a bear and taking 2.5g of creatine post workout can do (just started creatine about 5 days ago).

Sorry about the rant. Just very happy
    Last edited by GMCtrk; 12-08-2004 at 05:24 PM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I won't laugh, I use 45's still . Good job man.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Hello
    65's is good. well done mate

thanks guys....for the longest time, I was lifting hard and not gaining crap...well, problem was I wasn't eating well at all. I was eating quality food, just not enough of it. Well, now that I have started eating I am seeing some positive gains.

My dry BW is about 160lbs.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCtrk
    thanks guys....for the longest time, I was lifting hard and not gaining crap...well, problem was I wasn't eating well at all. I was eating quality food, just not enough of it. Well, now that I have started eating I am seeing some positive gains.

My dry BW is about 160lbs.

Your weight to strength ratio is VERY good.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Quote Originally Posted by Nito
    Your weight to strength ratio is VERY good.
    I never think of that though. Had you told me 4 months ago that I could shoulder press 65's, I would have been drooling. But now as I look at it, I just see myself as being weaker than any of given person at the gym.

nah..I won't laugh...that is pretty good

Congratulations man! You're right, it is amazing what the right diet will do for you.

Footballer
    ****ing strong skinny people, I was up to 70'sx6 before season, everything is down even with the inseason maintenance I did, my bench is down to only about 5 reps at 185, from 10 I'm scared to test everything out.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

Good job man. 60's are a strong plateau to break, you'll be at 100's sooner than you think.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJake
    Good job man. 60's are a strong plateau to break, you'll be at 100's sooner than you think.
    haha, good one. 100's might break my forearm man You are just a friggen beast

haha, good one. 100's might break my forearm man You are just a friggen beast
    lol, nah, you'll be where I am soon enough. And I doubt your forearms will break, maybe just bend 'em like gumby. haha...
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

dude, that's good..i set my best so far tonight at 40's x7..i also put 80 pounds on my ezcurl bar and tried to do military press on the incline (is it done that way?) and almost couldn't get it back down after doing my set...

just remember i'll do that shoulder press every time now thinking that i'm gonna pass you up..

I was stuck at 60's x 6 for the longest time. I took like 3 weeks off, ate pretty good the whole time, and the first day back into shoulders I threw up 70's for 7 like nuthin. I was just feeling good, it must've been mental. The main thing is, now that you know you can conquer 65's never look back.

Banned
    65 x 4 is nothing to sneeze at, good one

Way to go, man. That's a good amount of weight to be tossing around above your head. Props.

Nice.

I've been stuck at 40x3 for 6 weeks now. No trouble getting all the reps in the previous sets though. Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupendous
    Nice.

I've been stuck at 40x3 for 6 weeks now. No trouble getting all the reps in the previous sets though. Grrr.
    Since you are stuck at 40s, just pick up the 45s, get a spot and go all out, and I mean all out

I have been stuck on 85's since late September.. its a real blower. If I fail to get the DBs up on the first rep, it pretty much kills my ability to do sets after that. On the plus side, I usually do 50x12, 85x6,85x4,85x3

edit: 190 lbs
    Last edited by twm5993; 12-10-2004 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twm5993
    I have been stuck on 85's since late September.. its a real blower. If I fail to get the DBs up on the first rep, it pretty much kills my ability to do sets after that. On the plus side, I usually do 50x12, 85x6,85x4,85x3

edit: 190 lbs
    you could try one of two things

1) get a spot to help try and break the plataeu

or

2) listen to some hardcore music to pump you up :evillaugh

you could try one of two things

1) get a spot to help try and break the plataeu

or

2) listen to some hardcore music to pump you up :evillaugh
    I can press 90's with a spotter.. but I figure if I can't get the weight setup on my own, then I'm not ready to progress... I'm not really sure on that one though.

Wannabebig Member
    yea its pretty hard sometime to set the weight on your own

hey gmc why aren't you taking 5g creatine p/w? Or are you splitting em up during the day?

Quote Originally Posted by CiteCollegiale
    hey gmc why aren't you taking 5g creatine p/w? Or are you splitting em up during the day?
    I only take 2.5grams post-workout becuase I only weigh 160lbs. For maintenance, you would have to be very big to actually need 5grams of creatine. I have no reason to put creatine into my body which is just going to be flushed out anyways...