I need input for a 6-day routine

I'm currently following this routine at the gym :

Monday - Legs
    Tuesday - Shoulders/Bi
    Wednesday - Chest
    Thursday - Back/Tri
    Friday - Legs
    Saturday - All upper body
    Sunday - Usually off, but if I have time to kill before Pats game I do a ton of cardio and light lifting

I need help guys. I don't know if I should be doing a certain muscle group more than 1 time a week. Also, I don't know if my combination of muscle groups are a good fit. Any suggestions?

Edit: I workout for about an hour and a half a day. I usually do 3-4 sets per exercise with reps of 12,10,10 (If i do a 4th set, I do very light about 12-15 times)

Nah thats no good. Your triceps get worked on chest day, so it doesn't make sense to do them the next day. The all upper body doesn't really make sense either. Generally, you want to keep chest, tris, and shoulders apart from each other. The same for back and bis, and probably back and legs. That is unless you do those groups on the same day, i.e. one day would be chest/tri, the next would be back/bi, the next would be shoulders, then legs. Those are the basic guidelines I follow when making a split.

The Tuna Tempter
    I don't like your split either. If you really want to train so often, try HST mate. Training in the above mentioned fashion, you'll just be running yourself into the ground.

HST site: www.hypertrophy-specific.com

Using HST you can train 6 days a week if you like, or even twice a day on some days.
    Life's too short to be small

I'm a big time overtrainer and the following routine has let me work out 6 days a week and kept overtraining to a min.

All reps 6-8 (if more increase the weight) and all rests keep to 60 seconds. Workout should be about 40 minutes.

Mon- Chest
    Tues- Back
    Wed- Shoulders
    Thurs- Tris
    Fri- Bi's
    Sat- Legs
    Sun-cheat day

I know a full day for each arm muscle is too much............. but by doing this it keeps me from starting my routine from day one again till the next mon.

Monday - Legs
    Tuesday - Shoulders/Bi
    Wednesday - Chest
    Thursday - Back/Tri
    Friday - Legs
    Saturday - All upper body
    Sunday - Usually off, but if I have time to kill before Pats game I do a ton of cardio and light lifting

Unless you're doing endurance training or something.. that's a lot of sets and reps for one week. I took the advice that alot of these guys said on the forum about going heavy with low reps (6 - 8), and my muscle is sored for a good 2 to 3 days.

You clearly have the right motivation and dedication.. probably need to switch things around a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by DNL
    Unless you're doing endurance training or something.. that's a lot of sets and reps for one week.
    he didn't mention (as far as I saw) how many exercises/sets/reps he plans on doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Geeper
    I know a full day for each arm muscle is too much............. but by doing this it keeps me from starting my routine from day one again till the next mon.
    and why is it that you want to wait a full week to restart? why not just do 3 days then repeat? As long as your weekly total sets per bodypart are in keeping with your goals there is nothi wrong with doing it this way.
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 12-09-2004 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reg56
    Any suggestions?
    Day 1 - Legs
    Day 2 - Chest/Shoulders/Tri
    Day 3 - Back/Bi
    Day 4 - Rest
    Repeat from day 1