I've decided to get my butt back in the gym after making excuses for months on end, but this time I wan't to do it right. I stopped going to the gym right around September due to drastic changes in my lifestyle, but the time I did spend in the gym I never took seriously enough. I was going to the gym 3+ days a week for well over a year, but I sure as heck wasn't eatting properly to make any improvements. Now that I've adjusted to my new life, I'm ready to start hitting the weights again. I'm pretty familiar with most excerises, but most of the training I did in the past I did with dumbells whenever I possibly could. I've looked over some of the training routines and I've decided to go with the Big 3, along with a strict dieting schedule. My ultimate goal is just to put on muscle mass with no set limit. I've no idea of the kind of weight I'm capable of putting on, so I'm hesistant to set an actual figure. As it stands right now, I'm 5'11'' and ~147lbs. I've been doing this routine for one week so far and I'm just starting to get over the extreme soreness that comes after an extended period away from the gym. I have a few questions though...I'm not the most proportionate fella on earth (who is) but I feel I prolly have it a little worst than most. I've got a long neck, a bit of a slouch (I try not to but it takes a conscious effort), and my shoulderblades stick out. The slouch prolly isn't something the gym is going to be able to fix, but what about for my neck and bony shoulderblades? My neck specifically, would I benefit from adding a neck excerise to my routine? I know this wouldn't make it any shorter, but it would help to possibly broaden it giving it that appearance. As far as my shoulderblades, it seems the traps, lats and lower back are incapable of concealing them. Is there an upper back excerise that would help to lessen their appearance? Or will they just fade away as I start to bulk up...

As far as the exercises being done, is their a specific reason I should use a barbell over a dumbell? I'd prefer to use the dumbell where I could, but I wanted to double check.

My last and final problem is to do with my diet. I love dairy to death, but I avoid it due to my lactose intolerance. I don't like the taste of any of those lactose free products, and their usually a bit more expensive anyways. So I know there's a few people out there in a similiar situation, any advice to offer? Am I doomed to take lactose pills with every meal? I'm going to include milk and any other dairy product in my dieting plan, and if that means taking a pill along with it at every meal, then so be it...