The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig Member

Raw Omnivorous diet

Hello.

I'm new here. Names Paul and I am a PT living in So. Cal. I am here to shed some new light on a subject that most people wouldn't even think of. Did you know that all food has digestive enzyzmes that are needed for the proper utilization of that particular food? Now you do. Keep that in mind. Cooking/burning is a chemical change. A chemical change is defined as one that is irreversible, changes the chemical make-up of the origianal substance, and adds new substances to the chemical struction of the original one. These substances in cooked food(cooked meat especially) are toxic and carcinogenic. Heterocyclic amines, AGE, lipid peroxides are a few off the long list. In addition to the carcinogenic byproducts of cooked food, the indigestibility because of mutilated or destroyed digestive enzymes should be enough to make you question whether or not we should be burning our food before we eat it. We are, after all, the only animal on the face of the planet that does this.
    My diet that is life and health promoting is a raw omnivorous one. Incase, you are confused about the meaning of those words, I eat raw meat as well as raw vegetables.

No self promotion, please refer to http://www.wannabebigforums.com/guidelines.php
    Last edited by Anthony; 12-13-2004 at 01:24 PM. Reason: removed link to website

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Let's all dance and get e. coli!

I wannabebig!
    woohoo! let me try it... not

Wannabebig Member
    E coli is a bacteria, along with salmonella, that, if given the oppurtunity a health immune system creates immunity to. This happens in all organism, including ours. After 40 years of eating raw meats, including chicken and other fowl, the man that started this revolution here in So. Cal, has yet to have adverse reaction to the raw foods. Not that I am relying on one mans opinion, but the number of cancer remissions from his clients on this diet are so far superior to those in allopathic medicine that I would be foolish not to start. Go and look up what cooking does to food and then look up the thousands of people living free of disease because of a raw omnivorous diet.

I wannabebig!
    and go look up how many people cook food rather then eating it raw... not to mention I rather put something in my mouth that actually tastes somewhat decent... yumm nice chewy chicken breast BARF

A Fortnight Dead
    Can we say...."moron"?

How about...."spamming moron"?
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

Warrior
    Your statement that cooking the food produces poisons and toxins are absolutely true. A simple example is eating a completely burnt piece of toast, first off it'll taste like crap and probably isn't too good for you. Next you said cooking it changes the chemical reaction of the whatever it is is also true, and you may not even get as much proteins as you do eating it raw. However, the problem is that the benefits of eating it raw does not outweigh benefits of eating it cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    woohoo! let me try it... not
    And you replied with:

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkan
    E coli is a bacteria, along with salmonella, that, if given the oppurtunity a health immune system creates immunity to.
    That is true, but one virus or disease cannot be compared to others in the sense. Yeah sure, you catch the cold, your body builds immunity to it, and it goes away in a week. Second time it comes around, your fine. Then there are some diseases that may cause you to be ill for 5 years? Is it worth it? I personally don't think so. What about HIV, thats simply a virus. And your body gets immune to viruses as well as bacteria doesn't it?

So your statements are true, but it's too risky
    "Fear is the mind killer." - Leto Atreides

hmm i think ill stick with cooking my food...the whole raw food deal doesn't excite me that much...but chicken breast with some wild rice and some green beans do (all cooked of course)

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

i like hotdogs with as much black on them as possible..oh and burned bacon,,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm

I saw this guy on TV make a raw taco for Jay Leno on the tonight show. Jay looked like he wanted to barf

I don't have an appendix. I think that means I can't eat raw meat. Woe is me. I shall now go kill myself because I can't eat the steak right out of the meatcase at the store.

OK..I actually went to the site and read the whole thing. Can someone else read the diet section, then the training section and explain how he explains the old-school bodybuilders getting big on cooked meat?

This guy is in good shape. I'll give him that.

Why is this not causing his banning

Wannabebig Member
    Why would this cause him to be banned? Because you don't believe in 'his' beliefs of eating raw foods?

I think there's something to the raw lifestyle, but I also don't care enough to try it. Steak with A1 rocks!

Also, the only reason he came on here was to plug his site. He probably put and identical post on every forum he could find. Maybe to get clients?

I wannabebig!
    actually this guy goes to every bb board he can find on google then preaches his crap.

spam

Wannabebig Member
    Oh, well that explains it.

Otherwise, i was going to say. I may think daily enemas are great for colon and intestinal health, am i going to be banned now because you don't think so?

Lol.

BTW, why would he spam this though? He's not trying to sell anything. I think he's just trying to turn people onto some 'different' ways of doing things.

Banned
    I read somewhere that cooking meat makes the proteins easier to digest or something

You guys need to open your minds at little. I'm not saying he's right, but he's not trying to sell anything, just give a new perspective, and you all immediately start $hitting on him for no reason. At least read over what the guy has to say and the science behind it before insulting him for trying to help us all out. Just becuase something goes against what you've been hearing all your life doesn't mean it can't be valid

read his website..i did..it'll only take ten or fifteen minutes..the guy is in good shape

I still don't understand how he explains how the old-school bodybuilders put on muscle eating cooked meat and water, when his whole plug is his raw diet? He chalked it up to the body adjusting to the stress of weights no matter what they ate, so I don't see why he bothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmoses
    Let's all dance and get e. coli!
    HAHA!

And absolutely true. Or something worse.

Another thing is, the guy he's referring to could be from the "deep end" of the gene pool, so to speak. Not everyone has that kind of immunity.
    And I can guarantee you, if you get a super-critical dose of a particular pathogen, it's not going to matter whether you're "immune" to it or not.

Wannabebig Member
    Hello everyone...as expected, just like I reacted at first, I am getting some flak for this. I don't mind, if you want to look into it more, look up the originator of the whole movement here in LA-Aajonus Vonderplanitz. If you type in to google, you'll get 1000 hits full of interveiws which will explain this probably alot better than I am. He treats everyone from cancer patients to perfectly "healthy" people. He explains it much better than I do. I recently wrote my thesis on this raw omnivorous diet and did so without the use of just Aajonus's opinion, for the sake of proper scientific method. Infact, I did the nearly the whole thing with sources only based on biological/oberservable fact. I will soon update my site with a bibliography.

I wannabebig!
    so your whole point in posting this is to what, convert us to eating raw foods?

I think it's just to let us know the alternative exists. Which is fair enough. But I don't think I'll be changing to it anytime soon.

Aajonus Vonderplanitz
    I don't trust it because the originator is an alien.

Banned
    The site is very interesting

I would do it out of sheer laziness, i cant be assed cooking sometimes.. I just worry a lump of raw chicken will pretty much kill me... WOuld i have to eat a little bit more every day so my system keeps up??? I mean do you have to slowly acclimatise yourself