Thread: (CKD Q?)coming off 3 months of atkins... lost 25 pds

Wannabebig Member

(CKD Q?)coming off 3 months of atkins... lost 25 pds

Since approximately September 15 I've gone from 180pd to 155pd with Atkins (NOT CKD). I have maintained under 15g carbohydrates/day (not just net carbohydrates) for the last three months. Kept it very strict. Going to keep cutting down to single digit bodyfat pct (I'm probably at 15%ish right now), but then taper the diet off (by somehow reintroducing carbohydrates) and then start bulking again.

Anyways, question is - anyone have to do anything special with their diet coming off CKD? What types of foods would be ideal for reintroducing carbohydrates? Or should I just say screw it and do the type of bulking diet that I would typically do when I was lifting seriously a few years back? Obviously the main idea here is hypertrophy, but, I'd hate to just balloon upto 25% bodyfat or something in a matter of months.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Erin

I wannabebig!
    just reintroduce carbs gradually into your diet... maybe add in 50 grams a week or so..

:withstupi
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

As big as your momma
    i'm very interested in this too. i've been low-carbing for quite some time in various fashions... down about 70 or so in the past year. i want to lose about 25 more, but then i'm scare to see what's going to happen. you hear all those horror stories about people putting it all back on in like 3 hours. i have read some good stuff like a calorie is still a calorie, so i'm hoping to minimize everything by slowly adding carbs back and looking at how many cals i'm injecting into my new chizzled physique... LOL

we'll see what happens!

The most important thing to do is to keep away from the sugary stuff. When you introduce carbs, introduce them in the forms of whole grains and sweet potatoes/yams and whole wheat goods. A big fat slice of cake would ruin your whole establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by w8in4what
    Kept it very strict. Going to keep cutting down to single digit bodyfat pct (I'm probably at 15%ish right now), but then taper the diet off (by somehow reintroducing carbohydrates) and then start bulking again.
    If you are going to continue cutting down (<15%), I would recommend incorporating periodic refeeds. There is plenty of information available if you do a search in the diet and nutrition forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh BDK
    The most important thing to do is to keep away from the sugary stuff. When you introduce carbs, introduce them in the forms of whole grains and sweet potatoes/yams and whole wheat goods. A big fat slice of cake would ruin your whole establishment.
    I disagree, as long as he does not go absolutely crazy with the sugary foods. Some sugar would be good every now and then (refeeds), since fructose will help refill liver glycogen, therefore putting the body in a more anabolic state. It is true that whole grains and complex carbs would do the same, but to say that a slice of cake will ruin his diet is not accurate.

In the end it still boils down to calories. When coming off a low carb diet you will see an initiall increase in weight, but this is attributed to water and glycogen, not necessarily fat.