Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's baby time - wife is due by Friday

It's baby time - wife is due by Friday

My wife is due to deliver our third and final child by Friday

I am so psyched right now! The baby has been pretty active and my wife has been miserable. She has been incredible throughout the pregnancy and I bow down to all the mothers out there

I'm hoping that tonight is the big night. Our other 2 were early so its possible. She thought she was going to go into labor last night, but it was a false alarm. I was so geeked that I hardly slept at all.

C'mon honey! Let's get this party going tonight! The anticipation is driving me crazy.
    A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

res firma mitescere nescit

if i remember this right, they told a guy i work with (an his wife) to go home and get it on, and it would help things along

congrats

Wife doesn't feel like it. It worked the last 2 times, but this pregnancy has been the roughest. She's trying to rest and I'm just trying not to annoy her.
    A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Congrats !!!!

If it matters, I'm gonna be an uncle for the first time in Jan.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Footballer
    Make sure you have dumbells and chicken breasts for when he/she comes.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianHomer
    Congrats !!!!

If it matters, I'm gonna be an uncle for the first time in Jan.
    Thanks and congrats to you as well. Being an uncle is also exciting (esp if you don't have kids) I have 3 nephews and a niece.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRic
    Make sure you have dumbells and chicken breasts for when he/she comes.
    He'll have to wait in line. My soon-to-be 3 year old already does reps on my bench with a pair of DBs I got for her (1 lb each)

Congrats man!
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Damn, that's a lot of kiddies!

Good luck and congrats!

Thanks guys. Yeah, 3 kids will be a handful but it will build character
    Last edited by HobbesAB; 12-08-2004 at 11:59 PM.

congrats! 3 children wow that's beautiful
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    "I'm was so geeked..."? That rocks..Thats my saying for the week...
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

I wannabebig!
    congratz hobbes

congrats man! Boy or Girl?

Congrats!! I have three too. Oh,what fun you will have!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesAB
    ...this pregnancy has been the roughest. She's trying to rest and I'm just trying not to annoy her.
    maybe its triplets?
    congrats!

Thanks guys. Last night was a dud. The wife was up practically all night but no baby appeared
    Oh well. This means that hopefully today/tonight will be the day.

Our third will be "hypothetically" a boy but I won't believe it until the baby comes out . I have 2 girls and they are incredible.

My only concerns right now are health-related. I'm hoping this one is as healthy as they are and that my wife comes out of it as good as or better than her other pregnancies.

Man, its like Christmas when I was a kid. Why can't it get here sooner?!?!

If it's a boy, you're gonna name him Calvin???
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

I know what you are feeling sort of. My wife is due January 25th. I ca hardly wait and I know I'm gonna be so proud of my new baby when it arrives Lord willing.

Oh ya, moms rock, they put up with so much during this time.

Best of luck, I hope you have a healthy child!!
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington
    I know what you are feeling sort of. My wife is due January 25th. I ca hardly wait and I know I'm gonna be so proud of my new baby when it arrives Lord willing.

Oh ya, moms rock, they put up with so much during this time.

Best of luck, I hope you have a healthy child!!
    Thanks Maki. Best of luck to you and your family next month.

Man, what a night/day! My wife started feeling really sick and started having mild contractions around 9:30PM. After a few hours, we decided that we needed to get to the hospital. So after a few phone calls and such, we arrived at the hospital and were in our room by 3:50 AM

This is the amazing part: Upon arrival, my wife was 3 cm dilated with contractions about 6 minutes apart. By 4:35, she was at 7 cm. At 4:49, she was at 7 cm, and at 5:10 she was at 9 cm.

The nurses placed her in the ready position (with feet in stirrups) and we were just waiting for the doctor to arrive. He came in, and within a minute, my wife was pushing that baby out! After several good pushes, a beautiful, healthy baby boy arrived at 5:18 AM (12/11/04)

total time was about 90 minutes. My wife was incredible! The baby boy is incredible! Throughout the day, my older kids were excited and totally thrilled.

It was a great day for my family and I am feeling truly blessed by how smooth it went.

Congrats!!!!!!

That's great to hear! I'm so glad everything went smoothly.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

congratulations..glad to hear everything went well

baby boy! sweet! congrats all the best to you and your family
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony