Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What just happened on the O'Reilly factor.

What just happened on the O'Reilly factor.

He was reading off the letters people sent him via e-mail. And the last one consisted of this guy going "Hey, I have 21 inch arms. Does this make me man enough to wear a "no spin" jacket?" (which I guess is some appareal they have for sale) and Bill goes "Yeah, just as long as you aren't taking steroids. A real man doesn't take steroids."

I thought wtf when I heard him say that.

Discuss.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Dude, don't argue with Bill O'Reilly.

He's a REAL man.

And by REAL I mean a man who whines about EVERYTHING and does NOTHING about it.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

hhhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    Dude, don't argue with Bill O'Reilly.

He's a REAL man.

And by REAL I mean a man who whines about EVERYTHING and does NOTHING about it.
    That's not entirely true. He has a boycott going against French products because of their refusal to support us with Iraq. He got Ludacris bumped off two endorsement deals (Pepsi and Anheiser-Busch) because he doesn't think rappers who curse and demean women should be rewarded for it. He's tried to bring attention to the fact that millions of illegal immigrants are coming across the borders and there could be terrorist coming along with them. He broke the story that many of the charities after 9/11 were not giving out the money that was donated in support of the victims.

Those are the examples that pop out of my head. Of course all of this was done through the influence he welds through his cable and radio shows. O'reilly is a conservative. He may deny it on some levels, but he is definitely conservative. He has what he calls a "Traditionalist" philosophy, which is really no different from conservative philosophy. I think he is in the dark about the subject and incorrectly believes that you just inject yourself with steroids and instantly grow bigger muscles.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone4Eva
    I think he is in the dark about the subject and incorrectly believes that you just inject yourself with steroids and instantly grow bigger muscles.
    And there's the problem.

So many times I've watched his show and just said "Wha????"

He spouts off about crap he knows nothing about, pretty blindly follows party-line thinking, has ANYTHING but an open mind, and his show is a whine-fest.

Sure, I agree with a lot of what he says - but the way he says it puts him more in a comedic light akin to a Moore or a Sharpton (albeit from the right).

He's just entertainment - and quite a few of his "followers" are nearly as brainwashed as those that believe Fahrenheit9/11 was an hour and a half of pure objective fact.

Again - I agree with alot of what he says, but the way he says it and the way he looks at the world spell one word to me: ***hole.

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

Agreed.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone4Eva
    He got Ludacris bumped off two endorsement deals (Pepsi and Anheiser-Busch) because he doesn't think rappers who curse and demean women should be rewarded for it.

oh god.....so many jokes about forcing women to have phone sex and get molested with falafels come to mind.

dildo reilly is a jackass.

his show should be boycotted, he shouldn't be allowed to pimp children's books, nor should he be allowed within 50 feet of a phone.

turn him off - he's a useless liar. people should be fined for repeating what's on his show.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Quote Originally Posted by Den Fisher
    A real man doesn't take steroids.

I thought wtf when I heard him say that.

Discuss.
    whats there to discuss?
    99.99% of the world agrees that steroids are bad for you and that only insecure people use them recreationally, not to mention the legality...

I could be wrong but I think he is just saying that real men don't abuse drugs and are secure enough with their bodies/strength that they dont need to supplement with harmful substances.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    whats there to discuss?
    99.99% of the world agrees that steroids are bad for you and that only insecure people use them recreationally, not to mention the legality...

I could be wrong but I think he is just saying that real men don't abuse drugs and are secure enough with their bodies/strength that they dont need to supplement with harmful substances.
    So do real men use marijuana?

How about tobacco?

Alcohol?

Cocaine?

Caffeine?

Where do you draw the line. All of these substances alter your body function.

Is a man that wants to compete at the top echelon of powerlifting not a real man because he has to use steroids to do so?

Pearls of Wisdom...

how about oxycontin?

do real men use falafel?

dildoes?

yes? no?

Down with the Sickness
    LMAO............................ at the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sublime99
    LMAO............................ at the thread.
    Your contribution is appreciated. No, really.

If you don't have something to say in the thread, why pop in and make a smart comment? This isn't another "Tabasco on Boobs" thread, this one was discussing the statement O'Reilly made the other night.

Pearls of Wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    So do real men use marijuana?
    How about tobacco?
    Alcohol?
    Cocaine?
    Caffeine?
    Where do you draw the line?
    Based on my interpretation of Bills reply, I'd say the line is drawn by the FDA (or whatever dept. determines legality of substances)
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 12-08-2004 at 09:05 AM.

Down with the Sickness
    I usually don't even post when it comes to threads like this anymore, but i always wonder how we went from
    He was reading off the letters people sent him via e-mail. And the last one consisted of this guy going "Hey, I have 21 inch arms. Does this make me man enough to wear a "no spin" jacket?" (which I guess is some appareal they have for sale) and Bill goes "Yeah, just as long as you aren't taking steroids. A real man doesn't take steroids."

tOO
    oh god.....so many jokes about forcing women to have phone sex and get molested with falafels come to mind.dildo reilly is a jackass. his show should be boycotted, he shouldn't be allowed to pimp children's books, nor should he be allowed within 50 feet of a phone. turn him off - he's a useless liar. people should be fined for repeating what's on his show
    But back to the original subject I like his common sense approach to things, but even i sometimes say wtf to some of the stuff he spouts off. I really do think he is in the dark about gear most people are. You say anything about gear and people are like OMG what do you have low self esteem, those are dangerous, i have even had someone tell me that you have a 60% chance of dying from a heart attack 15 minutes after you inject any steroid, smacktards i know. I like watching O'reilly for the entertainment side of things, but sometimes he does have some good points, i guess you have to smart enough to pick and choose what you take seriously and what to blow off as complete crap kind of like when you read a muscle mag.

yes.

and dildo reilly should be blown off as complete crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    yes.

and dildo reilly should be blown off as complete crap.
    Oh, yeah right, like you'd ever turn down a man who offered to fallafel you in the shower.

mmmm..falafel. i might have some for lunch. it's a shame really that the girl who brought the lawsuit settled.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Bill O Reily is the conservative version of Michael Moore.

Thats pretty much all I'm going to say about him.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

mmm...the difference tho is that moore tends to use real live facts when making his stories. he jsut embroiders on them.

o'reilly just pretty much pulls things out of his ass.

Come on, Tina. As much as O'Reilly is an ass, he pales in comparison to Moore.

Pearls of Wisdom...

no, he really doesn't.

at least moore doesn't lose his sh*t when faced with an opposing opinion.

even that show where o'reilly had moore on his show, moore played him like a fiddle.

i can't respect a man who has no bearing.

i agree w/ o'reilly on some things, and some i don't

i'd say he is about as objective as bill maher, who i also enjoy watching

Just like Slave out-slutted Paris Hilton by stuffing her up his butt on South Park, I think the ideal solution would be for Moore to eat O'Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Just like Slave out-slutted Paris Hilton by stuffing her up his butt on South Park, I think the ideal solution would be for Moore to eat O'Reilly.
    that was the funniest thing i've seen in a looooong time

jethus chrith

Down with the Sickness
    mmm...the difference tho is that moore tends to use real live facts when making his stories. he jsut embroiders on them.
    LMAO..........................LMFAO I THINK I JUST WET MYSELF.