Thread: How much water should I drink

Can't lift for trying

How much water should I drink

I am very sure I can honestly say I don't drink anywhere near the amount of water I should. I have been drinking about 25 litres of Pepsi Max a week which I am now going to stop.

I'm a bit worried about stopping the Pepsi Max because it has been my belief that drinking all this caffeine has helped tone me up. I do six one hour cardio sessions every morning first thing so I should be okay.

I've read some people suggest 1-2 gallons of water per day. I probably don't even drink a litre though.

If I don't want to drink all that water, what other alternatives are there. I have heard fruitjuice mentioned but what I am looking for it not to contain?

1-2 is fine.
    use the search tool for more info, this question comes up a lot

always hungry
    hmm i drink about 3 litres (bearing in mind im not big and its cold in the uk so im not sweating or losing much water) should i up it?

i find if i drink towards a gallon i get up in the middle of the night once or twice to relieve myself (of water...) isnt this bad for my sleep?

cut back on water before bed time, and try to visit the bathroom before you lay down to sleep.
    first thing in the morning, down a couple glasses of water to rehydrate.

Trying to learn on the fly
    drink a lot. it helps with all of your bodily functions including metabolism and nutrient delivery. i have also heard that drinking ice cold water burns calories in itself

Nobody ever overdosed on water, so drink up. What you don't use will come back out. I try to drink 80-100 ounces a day in 16oz bottles. According to my milk jug, a gallon is 128oz. I would drink more, but I have to buy 30pks of water and take it to work, so I conserve. Our tap water is nasty there.

Sounds like way too much pop. That's going to kill your teeth.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Quagmire wannabe
    Quote Originally Posted by NOPowerPaul
    I have been drinking about 25 litres of Pepsi Max a week which I am now going to stop.

I'm a bit worried about stopping the Pepsi Max because it has been my belief that drinking all this caffeine has helped tone me up.
    25 litres a week?! Good thing that your stopping. I would try and slowly ween myself off of it, otherwise your going to have some nasty withdrawal symptoms from all the caffeine.
    He who hesitates masturbates........

Can't lift for trying
    One U.S Gallon is equivelant to 8 U.K pints. I can manage a gallon probably through a day maybe a gallon and half.

I'm going cold turkey on the Pepsi Max and will compensate for the caffeine with my Green Tea. If I have a few of those a day it should help.

I've never noticed enough caffiene in soda to even perk me up, much less give me any withdrawal. I usually drink one or two cups of coffee a day, but sometimes I quit for up to two weeks without any problems. Maybe it's just me.